|This article is archived. |
The content was relevant to an obsolete version of Warframe, and has since been removed, retrieved and or revamped.
Please do not use this article for critical in-game information!
Tesla has been replaced by Tesla Nervos in Update 26: The Old Blood.
Launches a grenade that holds an electrical charge, zapping enemies that come within range.
|Strength:80 / 100 / 120 / 150 (arc damage)|
15 (contact damage)
|Duration:5 / 6 / 7 / 10 (charges)|
|Range:7 / 8 / 10 / 12 m|
|Misc:40 s (duration) 10% (uncharged status) 100% (charged status)|
- Vauban releases an electrically-charged grenade that adheres to any surface. On contact with an enemy, the grenade will deal 15 Blast damage. If an enemy approaches the grenade within 7 / 8 / 10 / 12 meters, the grenade will discharge. A single grenade holds a maximum of 5 / 6 / 7 / 10 charges, and each charge inflicts 80 / 100 / 120 / 150 Electricity damage. Charges are fired once every 3 seconds. Each grenade has a duration of 40 seconds; when a grenade uses a charge, its duration is paused for 0.75 seconds. The ability can be held for a short time and released, doubling damage and increasing status chance to 100%.
- Arc damage and contact damage are affected by Ability Strength, and the contact damage can be increased by body-part multipliers.
- The arc damage has a low status chance. An Electricity proc will chain 50% of the initial damage to surrounding enemies in a small area of effect while briefly stunning the initial target.
- For more information about the contact damage, see this blog and this follow-up.
- Each grenade can deal a total of 400 / 600 / 840 / 1500 damage. Sticking a grenade directly on an enemy can potentially deal that entire amount to the enemy for its duration.
- Blast damage is effective against Machinery and Fossilized, but less effective against Ferrite Armor and Infested Sinew.
- Blast status effect forces all enemies within a 5 meter radius to stumble and fall.
- Electricity damage is effective against Machinery and Robotics but less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Electricity status effect chains 50% of Tesla's base damage to surrounding enemies in a small area of effect. Shocked enemies will also be briefly stunned.
- Number of charges is affected by Ability Duration, while the grenade duration is not.
- Because of this, the maximum number of usable charges is capped at 18.
- A grenade can only target one enemy at a time, expending a single charge per attack.
- Attack range is affected by Ability Range.
- Grenades can only attack enemies in line of sight (cannot shoot through walls or corners).
- When the ability is charged, damage is doubled and status chance increases to 100%. Both the uncharged 10% status and charged 100% status are unaffected by mods.
- Does not attack the Stalker.
- Can be used while performing many actions without interrupting them, including reloading.
- Can be cast multiple times while active.
- Main article: Tesla Link
- Place on allies such as hostages, fellow Warframes, or even sentinels to create a sort of melee protection sphere. Best used on Rhino/Excalibur Warframe with their Rhino Charge/Slash Dash ability.
- Placing several Tesla in exactly the same spot will result in the charges being released at nearly the same time, and placing them in a line will result in each firing one at a time as an enemy approaches, dealing more constant damage.
- Placing several Tesla on a rotating body allows the Teslas to possibly "orbit" into range of an enemy, and giving them all a chance to fire at said enemy. This effectively increases the range and increases the Tesla group's overall rate of fire.
- Works best against Corpus and less effective against other factions, while still acting as a moderate damage tool.
- Electrical damage deals normal damage to shields, and only deals extra damage to unshielded MOAs, so it is realistically best for Infested.
- Grineer armor will reduce the damage dealt considerably.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.