TennoCon is the annual official convention for WARFRAME, hosted by Digital Extremes. Apart from a gathering of the community, it also provides developer panels and Q&A segments, as well as sneak peeks for upcoming or currently developed content.
From TennoCon 2017 onwards, those who purchased the TennoCon Digital Ticket will gain one-week access to an exclusive TennoCon relay on Earth during TennoCon where Baro Ki'Teer will be present with all of his previous offerings available to be bought.
TennoLive is a yearly developer livestream that is hosted with a live audience. These are when large future content updates are revealed to the WARFRAME community.
In 2014, TennoLive was aired during Gamescom in Cologne, Germany, and in 2015, it was aired during PAX East in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Since then, TennoLive aired at the end of every TennoCon.
TennoCon 2016 took place in London, Ontario, Canada on Saturday, July 9, 2016.
100 Days of Warframe Mashed AnimationEdit
TennoCon 2017 took place in London, Ontario, Canada on Saturday, July 8, 2017.
Plains of Eidolon RevealEdit
- New player hub, Cetus
- First Landscape area, Plains of Eidolon
- Follows a day and night cycle
- At night, large Sentient enemies spawn
- Follows a day and night cycle
- New Operator cosmetics and Amps
- New modular melee system (Zaws)
- New Fishing activity
- Deployable Archwing
- Hydroid Prime
- "Glass" themed Warframe, Gara†
- TennoGen Round 9
- Grineer Bundle (four barrel rifle and submachine gun)†‡
- Corpus Bundle (plasma shotgun and sniper pistol)†‡
- Colorable Wraith and Vandal weapons.‡
- New glass Warframe bundle (glass shotgun, two-handed hammer, kunais)†‡
- Nami Skyla Prime‡
- Ballistica Prime‡
- Grineer Kusarigama ( Jat Kusar)†‡
- Mystery melees (Zaws)†‡
- New Tenno squad ship‡
- Sentient outpost‡
- New Grineer enemy type, Ghouls‡
- Stalker Mode prototype
†Unnamed at the time
‡Showned at the Developer Art Panel
TennoCon 2018 took place in London, Ontario, Canada on Saturday, July 7, 2018.
- TennoLive aired on July 7 from 6 p.m. ET to 7 p.m. ET.
- Ash Prime was a Twitch drop for those watching TennoLive on Twitch for 30 minutes consecutive with their WARFRAME accounts linked to Twitch.
- Those who were at TennoCon received Ash Prime within two weeks later on.
- Due to viewer overload on the servers with almost 500,000 con-current viewers, not all viewers received their Ash Prime. This was fixed by having whoever logged into Warframe in the past 7 days prior to the fix on any platform with a Twitch linked account and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop instantly receive one. This was known as The Great TennoCon 2018 Ash Prime Drop Fix!
Amazon Prime Day AnnouncementEdit
- Digital Extremes announced participating in Amazon's Prime Day, offering free exclusives bundle from July 12 to August 12 at 2 p.m. ET, those being the Spektaka Liset Skin and Spektaka Color Palette.
Nintendo Switch PortEdit
- Warframe's port to Nintendo Switch, first orchestrated by [DE]Sheldon Carter playing on the Switch, later showing the game to the cameras and audience, then followed by Digital Extremes playing the Nintendo Switch trailer, Warframe makes its debut to Nintendo's Console.
Prime Unvaulting, Summer of 2018Edit
- The Prime Unvaulting of Nyx Prime & Rhino Prime with their Prime weapons coming the summer of 2018. Along with the availability of Accessory packages for the first time of Prime Unvaulting, at the price of $20 per Accessory Pack.
- Warframe concept arts, Warframe/Weapon/Companion deluxe skins & new weapons were shown first in the Art Panel, then later on at TennoLive.
- Note that the points labeled with * at the end were only shown in the Art Panel.
- Gram Prime.*
- Corpus Bundle (Shotgun & Revolver).*
- Corpus Glaive.*
- Venus Solaris United Sentinel.*
- Nyx Deluxe Skin concept art, being the first Designer Deluxe Skin created by stjepan.
- Vauban Deluxe Skin model, with signature hammer skin.
- Limbo Deluxe Skin concept art.
- Titania Deluxe Skin concept art.
- Nezha Deluxe Skin 3D Sculpture.
- Nezha Deluxe accessories (Syandana & Dual Swords skin).*
- Nidus Deluxe Skin model, with Kubrow Deluxe Skin of similar theme.
- Revenant (Vlad) Warframe model, with signature two-handed Katana.
- Revenant signature Shotgun.*
- Garuda Warframe 1st concept art.*
- Garuda Warframe 2nd concept art.
- Fortuna & Venus' new Landscape & Warframe's second open-world map, with the introduction of new systems such as Kitguns system (Secondary Weapon crafting) from NPC Rude Zuud, Moa Companions assembly system from NPC Boon, Species Hunting/Fishing services from NPC The Business & Bounty offers from NPC Eudico inside Fortuna & NPC Solaris United Agent from the outside landscape.
Gameplay footage of both Fortuna & Venus open-world showed Bounty system in Venus, deployable hoverboards from Gears tab to travel across the landscape similar to Archwing Launchers, the appearance of Spider-looking Corpus enemies (names currently unknown) which were teased in previous Devstreams, and Nef Anyo's Church.
- The New War Teaser Trailer was shown as the reveal of the upcoming chapter of Warframe Lore & Cinematic quests.
TennoCon 2019 took place in London, Ontario, Canada on Saturday, July 6, 2019.
Summary source: https://www.warframe.com/news/warframe-empyrean-full-reveal
- TennoLive aired on July 6 from 6 p.m. ET to 7:30 p.m. ET.
- Lotus Ephemera was a drop for those watching TennoLive on Twitch or Mixer for 30 consecutive minutes with their WARFRAME accounts linked to Twitch or Mixer. Nekros Prime was another drop for watching for another 30 minutes.
- Those who were at TennoCon received drops within a week after the event.
- Steam players were also eligible for Nekros Prime if they are logged in while watching the livestream for 30 consecutive minutes.
Enlist a four-player crew to hijack, scavenge and sabotage across the Origin System. Contact ground teams for support, steal enemy ships, explore ancient ruins, assassinate kingpins and get rewarded for your missions into deep space.
- Siege and Steal Enemy Ships: Infiltrate opponent ships using Archwings, kill the captain and take the helm of their ship! It's time to become a swashbuckling space ninja, Tenno.
- Dynamic Situations: During your missions, you'll need to take into account additional hazards to complete your mission successfully. The TennoLive demo showed off Void Storms that can disable equipment, boarding parties that can breach your Railjack and an Infested ambush deep within an ancient Orokin ruin.
- Signal the Squad Link: Transcend beyond your solo objective and tap into a larger mission by reaching out to other squads of Tenno using the Squad Link. In multi-objective missions from space, players can call up active players on Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon (or vice versa) to help the bigger cause -- lower enemy ship shields, steal valuable data, and more, as the New War looms.
- Customize and Upgrade Everything: The Drydock is your Railjack's personal space hangar. Upgrade your battleship's Equipment, Cosmetic, and Reinforcements with weapons such as the Auto-Cannon, Pulse Laser, Homing Missile Launcher, EMP Stun weapons, and Decoy Countermeasures. Boost your Shields, Engine, Hull and Stealth using resources found during your voyages. Beautify it all by customizing aesthetics from primary, secondary and tertiary colors and accents. And of course, christen your ship with a custom name emblazoned on the Railjack’s hull.
- Kingpin System: Enemies have started to adapt to Tenno lethality, and from it, kingpins will emerge. More information coming soon.
Win A Trip To Space SweepstakesEdit
Become the first real Space Ninja. Play now to win $250,000 towards a trip to space!
Read the full rules and regulations here.
New Intro CinamaticEdit
- Directed by Dan Trachtenberg (Uncharted, Black Mirror, 10 Cloverfield Lane).
- To be released alongside new player experience in the future
- Next open world area under development
- New Nightwave series released, more info here
Other Content RevealsEdit
Showned at the Developer Art Panel
- Wukong Prime
- Missile launcher ( Akarius)
- Greatsword ( Masseter)
- Third Excalibur deluxe (Excalibur Zato Collection)
- Second Ash deluxe (Ash Shroud Collection)
- Second Nova deluxe (Nova Atomica Collection)
- Harrow deluxe (Harrow Reliquary Collection)
- Ivara deluxe (Ivara Skathi Collection)
- Duviri weapons (rifle and broadsword)
- New missile launcher Arch-gun and glaive Arch-melee
- New Sentient weapons
- Orbiter visual rework
- New Infested enemies for Nightwave: Series 2
- More Conservation wildlife to Plains of Eidolon
- Modular Archwing system
- Sentient tileset
- Evolution Engine's new rendering technology ("Deferred Rendering") in development
TennoCon 2020 took place in London, Ontario, Canada on Saturday, August 1, 2020.
The event was initially scheduled to take place on Saturday, July 11, 2020. However, due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the attendee event portion of TennoCon 2020 was canceled, the date was moved from July 11 to August 1, and the event instead was held entirely digitally.
The TennoCon relay was available from July 11th to 18th and from August 1st to 3rd where Baro Ki'Teer sold his entire past stock. A separate TennoLive 2020 relay was available on the day of TennoCon where all players were able to live preview models of enemies and objects relating to future content as TennoLive progressed, similar to the Leverian.
Athodai was a Twitch drop for those watching any TennoCon panel on Twitch for 30 minutes consecutive with their WARFRAME accounts linked to Twitch.
TennoLive aired on August 1st from 5 p.m. ET to 6:20 p.m. ET. It was hosted by [DE]Rebecca and joined by Creative Director Steve Sinclair, Studio General Manager Sheldon Carter, Design Director Scott McGregor, and Art & Animation Director Geoff Crookes.
Hydroid Prime was a Twitch drop for those watching TennoLive on Twitch for 30 minutes consecutive with their WARFRAME accounts linked to Twitch.
Players who were logged-in and inside the special TennoLive 2020 relay during TennoLive were awarded the Lemnas Staff Skin at the beginning and a Necramech Orbiter Decoration if they stayed until the end of TennoLive.
- During the Heart of Deimos reveal, players inside the TennoLive Relay were teleported to explorable dioramas with in-game models of the new enemies and characters presented during TennoLive.
- RedText engaged the players inside Tennocon Relays by displaying on-screen texts (instead of regular chat messages), spawned a Clem clone and Stalker to follow the Player around and could summon fireworks and make all players dance a Narta at the same time.
Heart of DeimosEdit
The next mainline update for WARFRAME featuring a new Infested open-world/landscape area on the Martian moon, Deimos. Scheduled to release on all platforms on August 25, 2020.
- New Infested celestial body: Deimos
- Replaces Orokin Derelict as a location that can be accessed without using keys
- New landscape: Cambion Drift
- New player hub, Necralisk, Void Research Enclave
- New Infested enemies of the "Gray Strain"
- New enemy faction, the Entrati, who was responsible for harnessing the power of the Void
- New characters
- Loid and Otak, a Cephalon with a split-personality inside an Entrati robot
- Mother, an Entrati fused with the Infested
- New Syndicate associated with open-world
- Unlock more lore about the Entrati family as players progress through their ranks
- Procedurally generated underground areas
- Smaller in area than Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon, but more vertically spaced
- Fast travel system
- Conservation, Fishing, and Mining activities included
- New quest, "Heart of Deimos", associated with landscape
- Xaku Warframe, the 44th broken Warframe—themed around manipulating the Void
- Xata's Whisper: Imbues weapons with additional Void damage
- Grasp of Lohk: Disarms enemies to steal their weapons for Xaku to 'use'; enemy weapons surround Xaku and auto-fire
- The Lost: Choose between 3 different Warframe abilities from the fallen Warframes that make up Xaku
- Deny: Shoots out a Void beam, deals direct damage or creates a CC effect if they survive
- Accuse: Creates a radial fissure that CCs
- Gaze: CCs a target and nearby enemies have reduced defenses
- The Vast Untime: Explode off the Warframe's parts, debuffing nearby enemies. In skeletal form, the player moves faster and have 75% damage reduction.
- Blueprint unlocked through the new quest
- New vehicle called Necramech, an Entrati sentry robot
- Operated by performing Transference on them
- New Set Mods
- New boss, Necramech, fought within the depths of Entrati ruins
- Features giant Infested worms Fass and Vome that provide light to the planet
- Can now use sidearms while riding on K-Drives or the new dragonfly-like creatures
- New Player Experience, as teased during TennoCon 2019
- Veteran players have a chance to experience it
- Overhauled scenery to match new CGI trailer
- Polished Captain Vor fight, refined movement tutorials, and possibly new starter weapons to choose from
- Helminth Chrysalis system
- New way to customize Warframes by swapping their abilities with different Warframes or with an entirely new Helminth ability
- New look to the Helminth Infirmary
- Helminth is now an actual creature that players can feed resources to level it up
- Resource sink
- Non-prime Warframes can be sacrificed to the Helminth in order to extract one of their abilities to transfer over
- Updated End-of-Mission UI
- Hydroid Deluxe
The Art of Warframe PanelEdit
The pre-recorded panel aired from 1 p.m. ET to 2 p.m. ET. It was hosted by [DE]Danielle and joined by Art and Animation Director Geoff Crookes, Associate Art Director Lucas Hug, and special guest Concept Artist Keith Thompson.
- New Warframes to be released in 2020.
- Broken Warframe - Xaku
- Signature warfan, syandana, and alt-helmet shown
- Alchemist Warframe
- Wraithe Warframe concept
- Signature wrist-mounted sniper secondary, syandana, and alt-helmet concept art shown
- Broken Warframe - Xaku
- Hydroid Deluxe concept and model
- Will come with a coat-like Syandana, Diriga Deluxe skin, and an universal speargun skin
- Gara Deluxe concept and model
- New Zephyr Deluxe concept by Liger Inazuka
- Will not replace the old concept of Zephyr Deluxe that was initially a passion project
- New options for TennoGen: Claws, Machetes, Sparring, Armor pieces, Chain Swords, and Landing Crafts
- New weapon skin bundle by Liger with universal skins for shotguns, pistols, and whips
- New Syandana included in bundle
- Nightwave: Series 3 - Glassmaker's sword and the Glassmaker himself reveal
- Infested themed
- New Infested enemies
- New Infested claws and arm-cannon
- Infested Kubrows and Kavats, now known as Predasites and Vulpaphylas.
- Infested Domestik Drone
Sounds of the System PanelEdit
The pre-recorded panel aired from 2 p.m. ET to 3 p.m. ET. It was hosted by [DE]Helen and joined by Audio Director George Spanos, Sound Designer Erich Preston, and special guest Voice Actor Antonio Greco (voice of Erra)
Covered how the following sounds were made:
- Update 28.0 The Deadlock Protocol music by Jason Graves
- Ammo reload sound effect
- Sentient voices
- Gauss' Redline sound effects
- Corpus Ship ambient sounds
- Kuva Lich voices and murmurs
- Glassmaker voice processing
Hydroid Prime TrailerEdit
- https://www.warframe.com/news/delve-into-heart-of-deimos - Official WARFRAME recap of TennoLive 2020