The Tatsu is Revenant's signature Two-Handed Nikana, boasting high status chance and innate Radiation damage. Kills with the Tatsu also create charges that can be released as seeking projectiles on slide attacks which stun enemies. Possesses additional projectile charges in Revenant's hands.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 275||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- Innate Radiation damage – effective against Alloy Armor, Robotic, and Infested Sinew.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Good critical chance.
- High status chance.
- Innate Radiation confuses enemies and makes them indiscriminately attack each other.
- On kills, the Tatsu gains charges, storing up to maximum of 5 (9 if used by Revenant). All charges are released on slide attacks in the form of seeking projectiles that stuns enemies.
- Innate Radiation damage – less effective against Shielded, Infested, and Fossilized.
- Low Puncture and Impact damage – less effective against armor and shields.
- See Category:Tatsu Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Tatsu Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Killing enemies with the Tatsu will make it store up to a maximum of 5 Soul Swarm charges, with 1 charge gained per kill. These charges can then be discharged upon performing a slide attack, releasing seeking projectiles that home in on enemies within 30 meters, dealing 40% of the weapon's damage, stuns them upon impact, and has a chance of inflicting Radiation proc. The number of projectiles launched is equivalent to the number of charges stored.
- Soul Swarm charges can only be stored for a maximum of 120 seconds, with the timer refreshing when a new charge is gained.
- When used by Revenant, the maximum number of stored Soul Swarm charges is increased to 9.
- Soul Swarm projectiles will home in on enemies within range even if the player is facing away from them.
- All charges are launched at once against the current number of available enemies, meaning that if there are fewer enemies than there are projectiles, it is possible for a single enemy to be hit by multiple projectiles at once.
- Enemies stunned by these projectiles are also open to finishers.
- Maiming Strike does not make the projectiles deal critical damage.
- Ivara's second Ability, Navigator, allows the Control over 1 Soul Swarm projectile.
- The weapon's default stance is Wise Razor.
- Heavy attacks with this weapon have a guaranteed Slash proc.
- Because the Tatsu has full physical damage as well as an innate elemental (in this case Radiation), it synergizes well with Condition Overload, especially when paired with Weeping Wounds.
- The Tatsu was the first two-handed Nikana type melee weapon added to the game.
- Depending on what Japanese characters are used, tatsu can either mean "to sever" (断つ (tatsu)), or "dragon" (竜 (tatsu)).
- A two-handed Katana is called Nodachi or Ōdachi, and is often man-sized.
- Tatsu was not released alongside Revenant back in Update 23.5 due to the delay of Melee 3.0 changes.
- Unlike Revenant and his signature shotgun, Phantasma, Tatsu doesn't require Sentient Cores to build.
- Revenant sheathes the Tatsu differently than other Warframes; he sheathes it straighter down his back and with the blade pointed to the right, whereas other Warframes sheathe it more diagonally and with the blade pointed left.
Last updated: Update 26.0