The Tatsu is 's signature Two-Handed Nikana, boasting high status chance and innate damage. Kills with the Tatsu also create charges that can be released as seeking projectiles on slide attacks which stun enemies. Possesses additional projectile charges in Revenant's hands.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Innate damage – effective against Alloy Armor, Robotic, and Infested Sinew.
- High damage – effective against health.
- Good critical chance.
- High status chance.
- On kills, the Tatsu gains charges, storing up to maximum of 5 (9 if used by ). All charges are released on slide attacks in the form of seeking projectiles that stuns enemies.
- Innate damage – less effective against Shielded, Infested, and Fossilized.
- Low and damage – less effective against armor and shields.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Tatsu's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 275||Blueprints Price:20,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Killing enemies with the Tatsu will make it store up to a maximum of 5 Soul Swarm charges, with 1 charge gained per kill. These charges can then be discharged upon performing a slide attack, releasing seeking projectiles that home in on enemies within 30 meters, dealing 40% of the weapon's damage, stuns them upon impact, and has a chance of inflicting proc. The number of projectiles launched is equivalent to the number of charges stored.
- Soul Swarm charges can only be stored for a maximum of 120 seconds, with the timer refreshing when a new charge is gained.
- When used by , the maximum number of stored Soul Swarm charges is increased to 9.
- Soul Swarm projectiles will home in on enemies within range even if the player is facing away from them.
- All charges are launched at once against the current number of available enemies, meaning that if there are fewer enemies than there are projectiles, it is possible for a single enemy to be hit by multiple projectiles at once.
- Enemies stunned by these projectiles are also open to finishers.
- does not make the projectiles deal critical damage.
- 's second Ability, , allows the Control over 1 Soul Swarm projectile.
- The weapon's default stance is .
- Heavy attacks with this weapon have a guaranteed proc.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because the Tatsu has full physical damage as well as an innate elemental (in this case ), it synergizes well with , especially when paired with .
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Tatsu was the first two-handed Nikana type melee weapon added to the game.
- Depending on what Japanese characters are used, tatsu can either mean "to sever" (断つ (tatsu)), or "dragon" (竜 (tatsu)).
- Tatsu was not released alongside back in Update 23.5 due to the delay of Melee 3.0 changes.
- Unlike and his signature shotgun, , Tatsu doesn't require Sentient Cores to build.
- sheathes the Tatsu differently than other Warframes; he sheathes it straighter down his back and with the blade pointed to the right, whereas other Warframes sheathe it more diagonally and with the blade pointed left.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|