Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Innate damage – effective against Shielded and Proto Shields.
- High critical chance.
- High status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Reduced Noise Level.
- Fairly high reload speed.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Innate Entropy effect.
- Innate and a polarities.
- Innate damage – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Damage ramps up from 30% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 30% over 2 seconds.
- Limited range of 40 meters.
- Synoid Gammacor, compared to Gammacor:
- Higher base damage (20 vs. 16)
- Higher critical chance (20% vs. 8%)
- Higher critical multiplier (2x vs. 1.8x)
- Higher status chance (28% vs. 20%)
- Larger magazine (80 rounds vs. 60 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (400 rounds vs. 240 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (1.8 s vs. 1.4 s)
- Innate Entropy effect
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Higher Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 2)
- Lower disposition (1.05 vs. 1.15)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- The Synoid Gammacor can be acquired by reaching the Rank of Genius with Cephalon Suda, and spending 100,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Synoid Gammacor cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to Genius rank.
- Syndicate weapons can be also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 7 to acquire the Synoid Gammacor, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Synoid Gammacor's beam when fired does not immediately hit at its maximum range. Instead it takes around half a second to extend to its maximum range, and will maintain that range as long as the weapon is being fired. The beam retracts when the weapon stops firing.
- Throwing 's trapping modules while aiming with the Synoid Gammacor will result in the modules being thrown a little to the left of where they would be thrown with other weapons. Aiming to the right of the target can compensate for this discrepancy.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- can aid in extending the short range of this weapon.
- As the Synoid Gammacor already innately deals damage, it can accept other combination elemental damage types that use or damage as a base. In particular, adding damage makes the Synoid Gammacor highly effective against Corpus proxies like MOAs that possess both Shields and Robotic hit points. The Synoid Gammacor can also be equipped with damage to make it highly effective against organic Corpus like Crewmen which posses both Shields and Flesh hit points.
- The innate polarity can somewhat limit elemental modding potential, thus making it a less desirable polarity for elemental modding. If you wish to focus more on elemental damage, then it is recommended to either ignore the polarity or use Forma to turn it into a more suitable polarity.
- Aiming the Synoid Gammacor's beam through 's will increase the beam's range while still having the advantages of hit-scan and pinpoint accuracy
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most secondary weapons, the Synoid Gammacor is worn like a gauntlet on the Warframe's right arm.
- The Synoid version replaces the circular holograms formed on the arm with the Cephalon Suda emblem.
- The word 'Synoid' is likely a corruption of the word 'synod', which is an assembly of the clergy under a church, or a reference to the word 'synapse', a biological term defining the gap between two neurons. It could also be a deformation of the word sinusoid which is a form of wave used for electrical measurements, since the weapon deals magnetic damage, it would most likely be related to this original term.
- The Synoid Gammacor was the first item in the game to have the "Synoid" prefix, followed by the Synoid Syandana in second.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Equipping an Extinguished Dragon Key will cause the arsenal UI to display values based on the 's damage.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 22.20.6
See also[edit | edit source]
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.