“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers. Please complete Rising Tide and reach Veil Proxima before proceeding.
Symbilysts are Sentient combat drones which excel both in offense with their laser beams and in defence with their shield arm, used to protect themselves from enemy attacks. They can be encountered in Murex Ships that appear in the Veil Proxima on a cycle and on Earth in a Ground Assault during Operation: Scarlet Spear. They drop parts for the Shedu.
Damage Adaptation[edit | edit source]
As a Sentient, Symbilysts have the ability to adapt up to 4 damage types from attacks: a Sentient's health is gated such that upon its hit points falling below a fixed percentage, it will grant resistance to the damage type it has received the most. The Sentient will adapt to damage once per health gate, at the percentages listed below:
- First gate: 25% Health lost.
- Second gate: 45% Health lost.
- Third gate: 65% Health lost.
- Fourth gate: 80% Health lost.
Subsequent adaptation will be done in descending order of damage proportion for each health gate. A single Sentient can adapt against a maximum of 4 damage types even if another Sentient transfers their adaptation, and Sentients will still receive full damage from any damage that exceeds their health gate before adapting.
On adapting to a damage type, the color of the glowing core on their chest changes to the corresponding damage type they recently adapted to, along with displaying the icon of said damage type below their health gauge.
The adaptation decreases in effectiveness the more damage types it resists.
- For the first adaptation, the Symbilysts will resist the damage type by 90%.
- For the second adaptation, the Symbilysts will resist the damage type by 80%.
- For the third adaptation, the Symbilysts will resist the damage type by 75%.
- For the fourth adaptation, the Symbilysts will resist the damage type by 70%.
Using the Operator's Void Beam, Excalibur Umbra's Radial Howl, a rank 40 Paracesis, or Shedu's pulse on expending all ammo will remove all their damage resistances. They can still regain their resistances, however, the aforementioned abilities and weapons will always be able to remove them.
The Symbilysts also receive another 40% resistance to the damage type at each adaptation, which stacks multiplicatively with the previously listed ones. These resistances cannot be removed by any of the methods listed above.
The damage gating also prevents Symbilysts from being killed in one shot, as the maximum percentage of health removable in one instance is:
- 25% at full health
- 20% between 75% & 55% max HP
- 20% between 55% & 35% of max HP
- 15% between 35% & 20%, after which there is no limit and the Symbilysts will take damage normally at every instance
For this reason it is highly recommended to use weapons with multishot to multiply the instances of damage dealt per shot like shotguns, weapons equipped with Split Chamber or Barrel Diffusion, or weapons with high fire rate.
Additionally, Symbilysts posses an innate 15% damage resistance, seperate from armor and its sentient adaptation.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- A Sentient core will be dropped when a Symbilyst is destroyed. If a nearby Sentient is present, it will proceed to obtain the core to fully replenish their health and shields. Otherwise, it will self-destruct in a 10.0-meter radius after some time has passed. This radial explosion is an orange nova visually, and appears to extend further than the actual damage can reach.
- A Tenno can also pick up a Sentient core, where it will fully recover their health, shield and energy and prevent the radial damage explosion.
- On death, it will give a nearby Sentient 500 Shield (Health).
- It can fire a slow moving laser beam that deals heavy Tau damage and cause stagger.
- When it's guarding with it's shield arm, glowing plates of energy will float in front of the arm, making it much harder to destroy.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Their weakpoint is the head, located in the upper-center of the middle column.
- Both its Mimic arm and its shield arm can be temporarily destroyed, making it an easy target. They can, however, regenerate them after a short time
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Oculyst, sentient drones that call in Sentient fighters.
- Battalyst, a heavy combat sentient fighter.
- Conculyst, a melee-focused sentient fighter.
|Drone||Aerolyst • Anu Mantalyst • Anu Pyrolyst • Battalyst • Brachiolyst • Conculyst • Eradicyst • Mimic • Oculyst • Ortholyst • Summulyst • Symbilyst|
|Spectral||Anu Interference Drone • Choralyst • Spectralyst • Vomvalyst|
|Amalgam||Amalgam Arca Heqet • Amalgam Arca Kucumatz • Amalgam Cinder Machinist • Amalgam Phase MOA • Amalgam Swarm Satyr|
|Ships||Condrix • Gyrix • Ionyx • Murex • Orphix • Splintrix|
|Teralyst • Gantulyst • Hydrolyst • Ropalolyst • Condrix • Suda-Hunhow • Wolf of Saturn Six|