“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers. Please complete Rising Tide and reach Veil Proxima before proceeding.
As a Sentient, the Symbilyst has the ability to adapt up to 4 damage types from attacks: a Sentient's health is gated such that upon its hit points falling below a fixed percentage, it will grant 95% resistance to the damage type it has received the most. The Sentient will adapt to damage once per health gate, with the percentage listed below:
- First gate: 25% Health lost
- Second gate: 45% Health lost
- Third gate: 65% Health lost
- Fourth gate: 80% Health lost
Subsequent adaptation will be done in descending order of damage proportion for each health gate. A single Sentient can adapt against a maximum of 4 damage types even if another Sentient transfers their adaptation, and Sentients will still receive full damage from any damage that exceeds their health gate before adapting.
The damage gating also prevents Symbilysts to be killed in one shot, as the maximum percentage of health removable in one instance is:
- 25% at full health
- 20% between 75% & 55% max HP
- 20% between 55% & 35% of max HP
- 15% between 35% & 20%, after which there is no limit and the Symbilyst will take damage normally at every instance.
For this reason, it is highly recommended to use weapons with multi-shot to multiply the instances of damage dealt per shot like shotguns, weapons equipped with Split Chamber or Barrel Diffusion, or weapons with high fire rate.
On adapting to a damage type, the color of the glowing core on their chest changes to the corresponding damage type they recently adapted to, along with displaying the icon of said damage type below their health gauge.
Using the Operator's Void Beam, Excalibur Umbra's Radial Howl, a rank 40 Paracesis, or Shedu's pulse on expending all ammo will remove all their damage resistances. They can still regain their resistances, however the aforementioned abilities and weapons will always be able to remove them.
- A Sentient core will be dropped when a Symbilyst is destroyed. If a nearby Sentient is present, it will proceed to obtain the core to fully replenish their health and shields. Otherwise, it will self-destruct in a 10.0-meter radius after some time has passed. This radial explosion is an orange nova visually, and appears to extend further than the actual damage can reach.
- A Tenno can also pick up a Sentient core, where it will fully recover their health, shield and energy and prevent the radial damage explosion.
- Their weakpoint is the head, located in the upper-center of the middle column.
- Oculyst, sentient drones that call in Sentient fighters.
- Battalyst, a heavy combat sentient fighter.
- Conculyst, a melee-focused sentient fighter.
|Drone||Aerolyst • Anu Mantalyst • Battalyst • Brachiolyst • Conculyst • Eradicyst • Mimic • Oculyst • Symbilyst|
|Spectral||Anu Interference Drone • Spectralyst • Vomvalyst|
|Amalgam||Amalgam Arca Heqet • Amalgam Arca Kucumatz • Amalgam Cinder Machinist • Amalgam Phase MOA • Amalgam Swarm Satyr|
|Ships||Condrix • Gyrix • Ionyx • Murex • Splintrix|
|Teralyst • Gantulyst • Hydrolyst • Ropalolyst • Condrix • Suda-Hunhow • Wolf of Saturn Six|