Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- Very high damage per second once fully spooled.
- Good critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- High accuracy.
- High sustainable fire rate.
- Tied with Quellor for largest magazine size of all weapons.
- Tied with Soma Prime for the fastest spool-up of all auto spool rifles, with optimal fire rate and accuracy achieved after a spool-up period of four bullets.
- Can equip the Supra-exclusive Directed Convergence and Entropy Burst mods.
- Low Impact and Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- Very slow reload speed.
- Low ammo efficiency.
- Moderate recoil.
- Supra Vandal, compared to Supra:
- Higher critical chance (16% vs. 12%)
- Higher critical multiplier (2x vs. 1.8x)
- Larger magazine (300 rounds vs. 180 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (1600 rounds vs. 1080 rounds)
- More accurate (29 vs. 14)
- Different polarities ( vs. None)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (14 vs. 12)
- Lower disposition (0.9 vs. 1)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Supra Vandal was awarded to players who successfully defeated Ambulas on Hades, Pluto during the Operation: Ambulas Reborn event, complete with a free weapon slot and a pre-installed Orokin Catalyst.
The Supra Vandal is now potentially sold by Baro Ki'Teer in the Concourse section of the Tenno Relay for 275,000 and 500. Note that Baro Ki'Teer's stock changes with each appearance, and this weapon may not be available on a succeeding appearance.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cancelling the reload animation on its third-quarter period counts as a reload, much like the Soma.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Supra Vandal has a decent fire rate like the Gorgon, but it is less accurate at longer distances. Firing in short bursts may help to improve accuracy.
- Alternatively, use the mod Stabilizer to almost completely eliminate the Supra Vandal's high recoil, and make it more comfortable to fire overall.
- To counter the weapon's quick ammo consumption, bring Squad Ammo Restores, Rifle Ammo Mutation, Carrier with Ammo Case, and/or the Rifle Scavenger aura.
- Piercing Caliber makes this gun even more effective versus Grineer because of their weakness to puncture damage, the Supra's strongest stat. The normal version, Piercing Hit, does not generally provide enough of a boost to puncture damage, and elemental damage mods would provide a larger boost in damage.
- Shred or Metal Auger can help hit more enemies, somewhat balancing the high ammo consumption.
- Due to the large magazine size of 300 bullets, Wildfire is a good mod for this weapon as it can increase the overall damage of the weapon as well as alleviate some reload time issues.
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Supra Vandal Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Supra Vandal Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Supra Vandal was the first Vandal weapon that can be fully recoloured.
- As of Update 22, all other Vandals (and Wraiths) are now fully colourable.
Media[edit | edit source]
Supra Vandal Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Supra, the regular version of this weapon.
- Cestra, the pistol version of this weapon.
- Corpus Tech, the Corpus heavy unit that uses the Supra.
- Entropy Burst, a Supra exclusive Syndicate mod.
- Directed Convergence, a Supra exclusive mod in Conclave.
- Gorgon, the Grineer equivalent of this weapon.