The Stug is an automatic Grineer pistol that fires blobs that stick to surfaces and explode. A larger and more powerful blob can be formed using consecutive automatic shots or a single charged shot via Alternate Fire.
- Innate damage – effective against Ferrite Armor and Fossilized.
- Fires blobs that sticks to surfaces including enemies and allies. Blobs then deal two ticks of damage before exploding in a 3 meter radius, all within 1.5 seconds of impact.
- Can create large blobs that deal more damage, formed by consecutive automatic shots in one spot.
- Each blob added increases the damage by 100%. This stacks additively up to ten times, dealing up to 750 damage.
- Alternate Fire charges up a single large blob at the cost of 6 ammo.
- Explosion damage is not affected by distance damage falloff of the projectile itself.
- Explosion does not need direct line of sight to deal damage and will penetrate walls.
- Can benefit from ( ).
- Explosions do not self-stagger.
- Innate polarity.
- Innate damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Blobs have travel time with heavy arcing.
- Very low critical chance.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Low status chance on explosion.
- Very slow alt-fire charge rate.
- Blob impact and damage over time cannot proc status effects.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 70% from central impact.
- Contact damage and damage over time have linear damage falloff from 100% to 10% from central impact.
The Stug's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 120||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- Despite the status chance displaying 0% for the shots, the Stug's explosions actually do cause procs to their targets, with a 10% status chance that is affected by mods. The DoT caused by each blob is what has the 0% status chance stated in the weapon's stats.
- Despite the radius displaying 0.3 meters, all of the Stug's damage is dealt in 3 meter radii.
- Blobs stick to surfaces, enemies and allies.
- Blobs deal their contact damage again every second after sticking.
- Contact damage and damage over time have a 90% radial damage falloff at 3m, despite the explosion displaying 30%.
- Additional blobs combine up to 10 stacks, resetting the 1.5s explosion delay.
- Explosion damage and radial damage over time both increase additively per blob up to 40 damage per second and 750 after 1.5s.
- Resetting the delay causes blobs to continue dealing damage-over-time.
- After 10 stacks, additional blobs no longer reset the explosion delay and are effectively deleted if they combine.
- Charging the alt-fire consumes up to 6 ammo over 3 seconds, producing up to a 6-stack blob.
- The Stug is unusually large for a sidearm, being as large as most primary weapons. This can cause clipping issues, where upper part of the gun can pass into the Warframe's torso when holstered.
- Stug explosions can deal headshot damage when triggered above their targets, this also includes the blobs themselves hitting heads.
- and will allow the Stug to build up blobs much faster, while Lethal Torrent can increase firing and charging speed of the weapon.
- increases the crowd control potential of this weapon, particularly when spreading small blobs all over a room to deal damage against a large crowd of enemies.
- The Stug can have three unique combination elementals, with Corrosive already provided, allowing Pathogen Rounds and mods to be equipped separately for such combinations.
- The Stug's shots will not just stick to enemies, but other players too. This lets you put them on another player for a little bit of quick melee defense (similar to Vauban's Teslas, but much shorter-lived). Also, the shots will stick to Loki's Decoy and Saryn's Molt for an effective trap.
- The innate polarity can somewhat limit elemental modding potential unless building for , or damage, thus making it a less desirable polarity for elemental modding. If you wish to focus more on different elemental damages, then it is recommended to either ignore the polarity or use Forma to turn it into a more suitable polarity.
- Due to having innate , the stug can be made to deal and , along with the innate , to make it deadly against the Grineer, attacking all armor types and health.
- Since combining blobs only provides additional damage, but delays the slight chance of a status proc and risks eating extra blobs, it's advisable to spread your fire and not stack the blobs. not only is best-in-slot for added damage, but the accuracy reduction facilitates a healthy blob spread.
- Among noted Stug stats that are incorrectly displayed in-game, explosion damage can also be incorrectly *doubled* from it's actual value, causing the damage to seem nearly twice as high as it really is.
- The Stug is the third of four very large secondary weapons, the first two being the , the and the Sepulcrum
- "Stug" is likely taken from the WW2 German assault gun of the same name (Sturmgeschütz III & IV); this makes it the second Grineer weapon named after a military vehicle, the first being the .
- This is the second secondary weapon that has a Charge ability.
- While the game startup window (the one that lists recent updates) refers to the Stug as a Goo-gun, the shop calls it a Gel gun.
Lua error in Module:Weapons/nav at line 82: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil).