- Missed 29.5.0 Note + Script
- In Update 29.5 Deimos: Arcana, we increased the reward for completing a Planet on the Steel Path to 25 Steel Essence. This Update will give an Inbox to everyone who had completed a Planet on The Steel Path at the old rate of 2 Steel Essence per Planet and reward them the difference for each Planet completed! Eligible players will have this automatically on login.
- Introducing: Acolyte Minibosses & Steel Path Incursions (Daily Alerts)!
- Every day, five Steel Path missions will be chosen randomly, and completing them will award 3 Steel Essence per Incursion. Furthermore, this will unlock the node, even if you have not reached that part of the Steel Path yet! This should help improve the matchmaking situation, among other things.
- NOTE: Steel Path Incursions will appear in the Alert section of the World State Window when you are set to Steel Path mode.
- As you play in any Steel Path mission, Acolytes will spawn and attack - defeating the Acolyte grants a guaranteed drop of 2 Steel Essence. Beware! If you get downed by an Acolyte, they’ll escape and you won’t receive any Steel Essence!
- The Steel Path Acolytes now have the same Status treatment that Liches received earlier this year.
- Reduced the Melee attack damage on both Misery and Malice to avoid the more reported 1HKOs.
- In essence (ha), there is virtually no RNG with Steel Essence anymore. Daily Incursions guarantee 3 per Alert, and Acolytes will always appear in regular missions (Endlessly in Endless missions.). The time at which they choose to appear may be a bit random, but if you kill mobs, they will come!
- Please note, Acolytes won't spawn in Archwing missions on the Steel Path.
- Teshin’s Steel Path Honors will now have a Weekly item for you to purchase! There are 8 items total, meaning that every 8 weeks the store will reset and allow you purchase anew. Look forward to things like an Umbra Forma Blueprint, Shotgun Riven Mod, and more!
- The Steel Path Changes:
Resource Drop Chance Boosters now apply to Steel Essence and Riven Sliver drops within Steel Path missions.
To confirm player theories and clarify, previous to this Hotfix Resource Drop Chance Boosters did not affect Steel Essence or Riven Sliver drops in The Steel Path. It was not our intention to hide or subvert that information in game, and we should have clarified more quickly that this was the case.
Saying this doesn’t change what appears to be the broader issue, which is concerns with Steel Essence drop rates. We are still gathering data on acquisition rates - but ultimately we are all hands on deck working to make Heart of Deimos the best it can be for August 25th. As of this Hotfix, any Tenno who have already walked The Steel Path will receive a Resource Drop Chance Booster.
This Hotfix ensures that Resource Drop Chance Boosters work within The Steel Path for Riven Slivers and Steel Essence. They were initially turned off to ensure the inherent Steel Path Resource Drop Chance Booster worked as intended. Like the initial Arcane Marketplace in Scarlet Spear, we wanted to ensure the automatic ‘100% Steel Path Resource Drop Chance Booster’ didn’t unintentionally scale for Resources specific to the Steel Path (Riven Slivers and Steel Essence). This unfortunately also affected player obtained reward Resource Drop Chance Boosters.
Thank you all for the feedback so far on The Steel Path, it helps to shape our knowledge and decisions moving forward.