* Aura mods increase the amount of Mod Capacity
- Available for 20 creds from the Nightwave Cred Offerings store on a rotational basis.
- The melee damage provided by this mod stacks additively with other melee mods, e.g. .
- To the melee weapon the benefit of this mod is equivalent to a rank 2 .
- When stacked as an entire squad, it will provide 240% melee damage.
- Using this, along with , , and , will boost an individual player's melee damage by 399.35%.
- Using this, along with , and , will boost an individual player's melee damage by 444.35%
- An entire squad in which each player has both Steel Charge and will give +317.4% melee damage.
- An entire squad with the complete damage boosting mods will give a total of +582.4%.
- It is one of the most proficient auras in powering a Warframe, along with , as the aura can potentially provide a total of 18 points (assuming it is on a matching polarity slot), compared to most auras that provide 14.
- Melee ability weapons, thrown glaives, and Archwing melee weapons all benefit from this mod.
- Steel Charge used to have a higher drain and with it a maximum modding potential of 88 could be reached. Any build which used this higher cap before the change has stayed the same despite exceeding the maximum drain, though this is likely a bug.
- As of Hotfix 16.11.5 (2015-07-15), Steel Charge will now affect the damage dealt by 's .
- On Update 12.0 (2014-02-05), the melee damage bonus was increased from 3% to 5%, while its maximum rank was also increased from 5 to 10. As of Update 12.2 (2014-02-19), Steel Charge was reduced to a rank 5 mod, bringing melee damage in line to provide +60% at max rank, and granting 9 additional mod energy points at max rank (as opposed to the relatively standard 7). Any player who had a copy at rank 6 or above received two Legendary Cores as compensation.
|• • • • • • • •|
|• • • • • • • •|
|• • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Unreleased||• • • •|