Freezes Rift-bound enemies. While active, enemy projectiles are arrested in mid-air, resuming its trajectory when stasis ends.
|Duration:8 / 10 / 12 / 15 s|
|Misc:∞ (affected targets)|
∞ (effect range)
300 (gunfire objects limit)
- Limbo halts all enemies in the Rift, freezing them in suspended animation for 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 seconds. Additionally, enemy weapon hit-scan gunfire, projectiles, and beams in flight within the Rift cease to move for the duration. While active, the Rift is able to contain 300 enemy weapon fire objects before it becomes unstable; exceeding this limit will end the ability prematurely to resume all Rift-bound enemy activity.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Affected targets, effect range, and gunfire objects limit are not affected by mods.
- While active, Stasis affects all enemies that enter the Rift at any time, regardless of distance from Limbo.
- Cast and deactivation animations of 1 second, are affected by Natural Talent and Speed Drift.
- Does not freeze certain enemies, including but not limited to: Treasurer.
- Upon deactivation by pressing the ability key again (default
), expiration, being dispelled, or reaching the limit, all Rift-bound enemies will resume their actions prior to Stasis, while all suspended objects will resume movement depending on priority:
- All hit-scan bullets are released simultaneously.
- Projectiles fly towards their set trajectory one by one, rather than simultaneously, by order of creation.
- Manual deactivation can be performed during other actions, such as reloading, shooting, casting abilities, sliding, while knocked-down or even during bleedout.
- Ability Synergy:
- Enemies under Stasis are not immune to new status effects.
- Any duration-based status effect, such as a Bleed proc, that is applied to an enemy before Stasis will run its normal duration.
- Stasis can be activated and deactivated, regardless of whether Limbo is in the Rift or not.
- If there are multiple Limbo players on a squad, Stasis will not deactivate until either the weapon fire object limit is reached or the latest Stasis instance ends.
- As the number of suspended objects approaches the limit, the Rift will visually distort and ripple with increasing intensity before Stasis ends prematurely.
- When used repeatedly against Sentient enemies, Stasis' freeze effect will gradually diminish to a fraction of its total duration for the affected enemies. Sentients exposed to this ability repeatedly will be able to move and attack after being frozen for a short duration, eventually becoming immune to Stasis altogether.
- Despite being able to move and attack, Riftbound Sentients' ranged attacks will stay suspended in mid-air for as long as Stasis remains active.
- Exiting and re-entering the Rift plane will renew Stasis' freeze effect with shortened duration against the Sentients that were previously exposed to the active Stasis instance.
- For more information on Rift-related attributes, see the Rift Plane article.
The effects of Stasis held by one Limbo cannot be deactivated by a different Limbo. If two different Limbos activate their Stasis, deactivating the one cast second will not resume action of suspended targets.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.