“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Update 26.0 changes
Stance Mods are special mods exclusive to Melee weapons that provide bonuses and additional attack capabilities.
Similar to Aura mods, Stances can be slotted into a special Stance slot on melee weapons, and they increase a weapon's mod capacity. Stance mods with a matching polarity to the stance slot will double their mod capacity bonus, while non-matching polarities will have reduced capacity bonus. Leveling up Stance mods increases the amount of additional mod capacity they provide, as well as unlocks additional Melee Combos for use.
When equipped, Stances change a melee weapon's animation set, and unlocks the ability to perform Melee Combos that initiate different attack patterns with the weapon. Many Melee Combos allow weapons to perform attacks they are incapable of doing without Stances, like giving single-target melee weapons like the Skana the ability to hit multiple enemies. They may also enhance a melee weapon's attacks with special effects, from increasing the weapon's damage per hit, to forcing Status Effect procs (i.e. 100% chance for a specific proc, like Slash), and enhancing mobility via lunges and jumps. Melee Combos are only available when a melee weapon is drawn, and cannot be performed via Quick Melee attacks when using a Primary or Secondary weapon.
Melee combos are initiated by inputting different inputs of the Melee key (default Key Bindings) and various other keys, for example + + + , where the key is tapped three times in succession, whiling holding down the key. As of Update 26.0, players can flawlessly switch between combos by changing the modifier key (i.e. forward or block key ) during a particular combo., see also
An equipped Stance's Melee Combo list can be seen on the "Melee Combo" button underneath the weapon's Stance Slot in the Arsenal, or in "Melee Combos" under Options while in a mission. Many Stances have a single basic combo consisting of simply pressing the Melee Keyin sequence, and 1-3 more advanced combos requiring multiple inputs from different keys.
|Combo Type|| Rank|
|Stance Specific||Neutral||0||Melee button only||For single target elimination through hard hitting attacks. Last attack may have a Knockdown or stagger effect in the case an enemy doesn't die during the flurry of hits.|
|Forward||1||Forward + Melee||Has attacks that don't interrupt movement. Attacks loop seamlessly.|
| Forward Block|
|2||Forward + Block/Aim + Melee||Used to close gaps on enemies through high mobility. Beginning or end of combo may have slam effect for crowd control. Middle of combo will have sweeping attacks.|
|3||Block/Aim + Melee||Hard hitting attacks that finish with a Lifted or ragdoll effect. First attack has longer reach than others.|
|Shared Among Weapons of Same Class||Heavy||0||Heavy Attack button or holding melee button||Slow, yet strong attacks that leave the player vulnerable during wind-up time. Has two different attacks that are dependent on the direction the player is facing (left or right). Attack damage scale off of Combo counter.|
|Slide||0||Melee while sliding||Low hitting attack that hits in a 360° arc, hitting enemies that surround the player.|
|Aerial||0||Melee while jumping or Back + Melee while jumping||Combo performed while mid-air without sacrificing movement. Players may hold in place by pressing the back button while performing this combo; this overrides the Slam Attack angle so players don't accidentally perform one.|
|Wall||0||Melee while Wall Dashing||Single attack that exits the player out of wall dashes.|
|Ground Finisher||0||Melee on knock-downed enemy||Lethal attack for finishing vulnerable enemies. High damage multiplier.|
- Many Melee Combos deal varying amounts of damage from a single combo, for example Crimson Dervish's Crimson Orbit combo has a damage multiplier of 300% (i.e.: ) whilst some combos deal less damage in exchange for faster attacks.
- Many Melee Combos perform multiple strikes from a single key press, for example Swirling Tiger's Winding Claws combo hits up to six times (i.e. ).
- Combos feature stagger resistance during their animations, which helps in fighting units with powerful knockdown moves like Heavy Gunners or Shockwave MOAs. Similar to blocking, hits by knockdown attacks during a combo animation in mid-swing will push the Warframe back, but prevent the knockdown. Animations that have reached the end of a swing will not block knockdowns however.
- In the event that a Warframe is knocked down in the middle of a melee combo chain, the combo can still be resumed once the Warframe initiates melee as its first move upon standing up.
- Some combos feature forced Status Effect procs on certain attacks, which have a 100% chance to initiate regardless of the weapon's actual status chance or availability of damage type. Many combos, like Iron Phoenix's Wings & Beak and Sundering Weave's Flash Flood feature forced Impact proc (i.e.: ), while others like Tranquil Cleave's Beyond Reproach and Gnashing Payara's Pincer Strike have forced Slash proc (i.e.: ).
There are currently 53 available stances, which are divided among 24 different melee weapon types. Stances can only be used on the weapon type they are labeled for, i.e. a Sword Stance cannot be used on a Polearm, and vice versa.
| || || |
| || |
|Claws||Swords and Shield||Tonfa|
|Gunblade||Nunchaku||Blade and Whip|
- As with Aura slots, Stance slots can be repolarized using Forma to give the slot the desired polarity for a particular stance mod. This is most essential for the Grim Fury and Homing Fang stances, which have no matching polarities on the weapons they can be equipped on.
- All Stances provide a bonus mod capacity of 5 when maxed, doubling it to 10 when placed on the matching polarity.
- All stances can be acquired from weekly conclave missions.
- Introduced in Update 13.0 with the release of Melee 2.0.
- Most stance cards have portraits set within a Dojo garden, with the Garden Arch decoration in the background.
- Among stance mods equippable on weapons, the longest stance combos belong to Vermillion Storm's Flurry Rose and Carving Mantis' Rapid Incisions with having 6 inputs. The longest stance combo overall however belongs to the ability-exclusive Hysteria's Fervor combo, at 7 inputs.