The Spira are large Tenno throwing knives with high damage but low throwing speed.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture and good Slash damage – effective against armor and health.
- Tied with Spira Prime, Lato Prime, Euphona Prime, and Pandero/ Pandero Prime for the third highest critical chance of all secondaries, behind Athodai/ Plinx and Akbolto Prime; and tied with Spira Prime for the highest critical chance of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Very high reload speed.
- Ragdolls and pins the target to the wall on a kill.
- Ragdolled bodies fly in a straight line and can damage other enemies in its path.
- Two polarity slots.
- Capable of using the thrown-exclusive mod Concealed Explosives.
- Low Impact damage – less effective against shields.
- Low status chance.
- Projectiles have travel time and travel in an arc, making it hard to hit at longer ranges and achieve headshots.
- Second lowest fire rate of all throwing-type secondaries, behind Pox.
- Spira, compared to Spira Prime:
- Higher base damage (82.0 vs. 60.0)
- Lower critical multiplier (2x vs. 3x)
- Lower status chance (8% vs. 14%)
- Lower fire rate (2.5 rounds/sec vs. 3.33 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (10 rounds vs. 12 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (1 s vs. 0.75 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (8 vs. 10)
- Higher disposition (1.3 vs. 1.2)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Spira's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:20,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is a slight delay after firing a knife before being able to reload, which requires pausing before trying to reload, or tapping the reload button several times.
- The right handed throw does not land at the same place as the left throw, landing lower and slightly to the right of your aim.
- This can be counteracted, however, by holding a datamass or a power cell.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Projectile Speed mods will reduce projectile drop and increase projectile speed.
- For effective use of non-hitscan weapons, it is strongly recommended to learn how to lead your target. In short, leading means aiming ahead of your target so the projectile still hits him. It can be a challenge to learn it, low level Grineer are recommended for practicing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Spira was one of the items (along with the Ninkondi and the Zhuge) initially made exclusive to Warframe China.
- The Spira has a Prime version, which was given as part of the Chinese Version's Founders Program, along with the Nikana Prime and Excalibur Umbra.
- The Spira is referred to in the game files as "littlelidaggers", a reference to the Little Li daggers (小李飛刀) which are the signature weapon of the martial artist Li Xunhuan in the famous Xiaoli Feidao novels written by Gu Long.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.