Exhale a deep breath of elemental destruction. Tap to cycle through elements, hold to cast. The chosen element applies to all of Chroma's abilities.
|Strength:200 / 250 / 300 / 400 (damage)|
|Range:4 / 5 / 6.5 / 10 m (cone length)|
|Misc:100% (status chance)|
10 m (spread range)
?% (stagger chance)
90° (horizontal aim angle)
45° (vertical aim angle)
- Wielding mastery over the deadly elements, Chroma can selectively change his elemental alignment, by tapping the ability key to freely cycle the selection wheel between , , , or .
- Hold down the ability key (default , , , or damage per second with a 100% status chance and a ?% chance to stagger lightly; each enemy hit directly by Spectral Scream's cone will also spread its ability effects via an elemental energy stream to one other enemy within 10 meters.
) to expend 10 energy to activate Spectral Scream. While active, Chroma holsters his weapons away and continuously exhales elemental energy in a cone 4 / 5 / 6.5 / 10 meters long that inflicts 200 / 250 / 300 / 400
- Activation energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency.
- Damage per second is affected by Ability Strength.
- Damage bypasses obstacles in the environment and does not decrease with distance.
- Damage type is based on Chroma's current elemental alignment which is determined by Chroma's emissive color.
- Cone length is affected by Ability Range, following the expression:
10 × (1 + Ability Range)1/3.
- Status chance, stagger chance, and spread range are not affected by mods.
- Spectral Scream's cone emits from Chroma's mouth, which changes direction based on where Chroma's model is facing (not the player camera) and can only be aimed within 90 degrees to each side and 45 degrees above or below Chroma.
- While Chroma cannot use his weapons with Spectral Scream active, he is still able to cast abilities or maneuver just as freely.
- Spectral Scream drains 3 energy per second and will remain active as long as Chroma has energy. Spectral Scream will end if Chroma runs out of energy or if deactivated by holding down the ability key again (default
- Channeling energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration.
- Chroma cannot gain energy from Squad Energy Restores or for the duration of the ability. However, Chroma can still replenish energy using Energy Orbs, , Orokin Void Death Orb energy restores, and , and while in the Rift Plane.
- Ability Synergy:
- The AoE cone is directed from the point of the animation as opposed to toward the crosshair. This means that diving rolls will divert the aim.
- A visual effect lingers after the cone of damage, dependent on element.
- Main article: Afterburn
|Rank||Damage per second active||Total damage cap||Cost|
- This ability can come in handy when used as a form of Crowd Control and can both be used as a damage ability, or with Heat or Electricity elemental damage creating a continuous crowd control stun.
- This ability can be used to resist knockdowns, making it usable for walking through corpus laser doors or shockwaves caused by MOA or death orbs.
- Rolling can be used to counteract the movement speed reduction and cover a large area in a short period of time.
- Having a with a high duration build on your team can be very useful, as Spectral Scream will be able to damage all enemies even while Chroma is in the rift. With a build with maximum efficiency, this will also cause Spectral Scream to cost no energy to use, while actually gaining energy at a minute rate.