Exhale a deep breath of elemental destruction. Chroma's energy color determines the element.
Energy Drain: 3 s-1
|Strength:100 / 125 / 150 / 200 (damage)|
|Range:4 / 5 / 6.5 / 10 m|
|Misc:40% / 45% / 50% / 60% (status chance)|
- Chroma unleashes a continuous stream of elemental energy in a cone 4 / 5 / 6.5 / 10 meters long that inflicts 100 / 125 / 150 / 200 Heat, Electricity, Toxin, or Cold damage per second with a 40% / 45% / 50% / 60% status chance.
- Damage per second is affected by Ability Strength, while the status chance is not.
- Damage bypasses obstacles in the environment and does not decrease with distance.
- Damage type is based on Chroma's current elemental alignment which is determined by Chroma's energy color.
- Cone length is affected by Ability Range, following the expression:
10 × (1 + Ability Range)1/3.
- Spectral Scream's damage can be boosted by the Fury aspect of Vex Armor.
- Spectral Scream drains 3 energy per second and will remain active as long as Chroma has energy. Spectral Scream will end if Chroma runs out of energy or if deactivated by pressing the ability key again (default
- Activation energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency, and the channeling energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration.
- Chroma cannot gain energy from Team Energy Restores or Energy Siphon for the duration of the ability. However, Chroma can still replenish energy using Energy Orbs, Energy Vampire, Orokin Void Death Orb energy restores, Rage and Hunter Adrenaline, and while in the Rift Plane.
- Chroma is able to cast abilities or maneuver just as freely with Spectral Scream active.
- The AoE cone is directed from the point of the animation as opposed to toward the crosshair. This means that diving rolls will divert the aim.
- The attack can only be aimed within 90 degrees to each side and 45 degrees above or below Chroma.
- Chroma is immune to Eximus energy drains while Spectral Scream is active.
- A visual effect lingers after the cone of damage, dependent on element.
- Main article: Afterburn
|Rank||Damage per second active||Total damage cap||Cost|
- This ability can come in handy when used as a form of Crowd Control and can both be used as a damage ability, or with Heat or Electricity elemental damage creating a continuous crowd control stun.
- This ability can be used to resist knockdowns, making it usable for walking through corpus laser doors or shockwaves caused by MOA or death orbs.
- Rolling can be used to counteract the movement speed reduction and cover a large area in a short period of time.
- Having a Limbo with a high duration build on your team can be very useful, as Spectral Scream will be able to damage all enemies even while Chroma is in the rift. With a build with maximum efficiency, this will also cause Spectral Scream to cost no energy to use, while actually gaining energy at a minute rate.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration reduces channeling cost to 0.98 energy per second.
- Reduces cone length to 6.98 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces activation cost to 2.5 energy and channeling cost to 0.75 energy per second.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Range increases cone length to 14.09 meters.
- Reduces damage to 80 per second.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage to 824 per second.