The Spectra is a Corpus handheld cutting laser that is as effective at cutting flesh as it is at cutting metal. It is essentially a sidearm version of the .
- High and good damage - effective against health and armor.
- Decent critical chance.
- High status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Innate 0.5 meter punch through.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Can use the Spectra-exclusive mod.
- No damage – less effective against shields.
- Damage ramps up from 25% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 25% over 2 seconds.
- Limited range of 18 meters.
- Spectra (Normal), compared to Spectra Vandal (Normal):
- Lower base damage per projectile (18 vs. 22)
- Lower total damage (18 vs. 22)
- Lower base critical chance (14% vs. 20%)
- Lower base status chance (22% vs. 28%)
- Lower average damage per shot (20.52 vs. 26.4)
- Lower burst DPS (246.24 vs. 316.8)
- Lower sustained DPS (208.68 vs. 290.64)
- Smaller magazine (60 round(s) vs. 80 round(s))
- Smaller max ammo capacity (360 round(s) vs. 400 round(s))
- Slower reload time (1.8 s vs. 1.2 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 10)
- Higher disposition (1.49 vs. 1.4)
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- Holding down the fire button while using Shade or a Huras Kubrow will cloak you if enemies are nearby, letting you potentially deal large amounts of damage without retaliation.
- As with the , multishot mods (in this case ) are essential to maximize output. can be used to further increase damage.
- Increasing the fire rate with Lethal Torrent will drastically increase ammo consumption.
- Using the mod can help regain lost ammo when needed. Alternatively, use Aura or bring along Squad Ammo Restore.
- Similar building with the Flux Rifle, adding to the Spectra can actually be beneficial, as the shooter does not require precise aiming. This will further reduce its medium range effectiveness however.
- and can bring up the Spectra's range to rival those of Primary beam weapons.
- The Spectra is currently known to be one of the most improved weapons throughout the game's patches, as it was one of the weakest Clan Dojo Research weaponry ever released: It used to deal a total of 8 damage per second.
- Spectra is the plural form of Spectrum.
- During the final phases of the Arid Fear event, the Corpus Scouts were equipped with Spectras, which they would use for short durations before attempting to run.
- Ceasing fire from the Spectra actually retracts the beam instead of it disappearing.
- , the rifle version of the Spectra.
- Corpus Scout, enemy from an event that used this weapon.
- , a Spectra exclusive Syndicate mod.
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|