The Spectra is a Corpus beam pistol unlockable through Energy Lab Research in the dojo. Released in Update 9.0, it appears to be a handheld cutting laser that is as effective at cutting flesh as it is at cutting metal. It is essentially a sidearm version of the Flux Rifle.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Energy Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash and good Puncture damage - effective against health and armor.
- Decent critical chance.
- High status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Magnum Force's accuracy penalty is minimal on this weapon.
- Innate 0.5 meter Punch Through.
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage.
- Can use the Spectra-exclusive Sequence Burn mod.
- No Impact damage – less effective against shields.
- Damage ramps up from 25% to 100% over 0.6 seconds when firing. After firing stops for 0.8 seconds, the damage decays back to 25% over 2 seconds.
- Limited range of 18 meters.
- Spectra, compared to Spectra Vandal:
- Lower base damage (18.0 vs. 22.0)
- Lower critical chance (14% vs. 20%)
- Lower status chance (22% vs. 28%)
- Smaller magazine (60 rounds vs. 80 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (360 rounds vs. 400 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (1.8 s vs. 1.2 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (4 vs. 10)
- Higher disposition (1.49 vs. 1.4)
- See Category:Spectra Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Spectra Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- Holding down the fire button while using Shade or a Huras Kubrow will cloak you if enemies are nearby, letting you potentially deal large amounts of damage without retaliation.
- As with the Flux Rifle, multishot mods (in this case Barrel Diffusion) are essential to maximize output. Lethal Torrent can be used to further increase damage.
- Increasing the fire rate with Lethal Torrent will drastically increase ammo consumption.
- Using the Pistol Ammo Mutation mod can help regain lost ammo when needed. Alternatively, use Pistol Scavenger Aura or bring along Squad Ammo Restore.
- Similar building with the Flux Rifle, adding Magnum Force to the Spectra can actually be beneficial, as the shooter does not require precise aiming. This will further reduce its medium range effectiveness however.
- Ruinous Extension and Sequence Burn can bring up the Spectra's range to rival those of Primary beam weapons.
- The Spectra is currently known to be one of the most improved weapons throughout the game's patches, as it was one of the weakest Clan Dojo Research weaponry ever released: It used to deal a total of 8 damage per second.
- Spectra is the plural form of Spectrum.
- During the final phases of the Arid Fear event, the Corpus Scouts were equipped with Spectras, which they would use for short durations before attempting to run.
- Ceasing fire from the Spectra actually retracts the beam instead of it disappearing.
- Flux Rifle, the rifle version of the Spectra.
- Corpus Scout, enemy from an event that used this weapon.
- Sequence Burn, a Spectra exclusive Syndicate mod.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|