Sorties are a set of three special missions that are assigned to players on a daily basis. Each Sortie consists of three missions of escalating difficulty that must be completed in sequence; preceding missions must be completed before proceeding to the next one. The individual missions in a Sortie each have their own unique hazards and conditions that make the mission more difficult, from loadout limitations to enemies with enhanced offensive or defensive abilities.
Regardless of individual mission conditions, only level 30 Warframes and players that have completed The War Within can participate in Sortie missions. If players are one Riven Mod above their max capacity, they will be locked out of Sorties and will be prompted to delete a Riven Mod or buy more Riven Mod capacity (if max capacity isn't at 150) before they are able to do Sorties. Sorties reset, depending on Digital Extremes' local time, each day at 17:00 UTC or at 16:00 UTC during their DST. Each Sortie may only reward from its reward pool once a day. A player may still host, vote for, or help out with any part of a Sortie as many times as they wish, but forgoing any end-of-mission credits (keeping dropped credits) or additional Sortie rewards.
Completing all missions in a Sortie will grant the player with a random reward picked from the rewards pool containing 11 different types of items.
Daily Sorties will refresh in:
Sortie Conditions[edit | edit source]
The following are the various Conditions that can be encountered in Sortie missions:
|Augmented Enemy Shields||Enemies have +300% shields.||
|Augmented Enemy Armor||Enemies have +300% armor.|
|Cryogenic Leakage||Maximum Warframe Shield capacity is halved. Enemies gain +25% Cold damage.|
|Dense Fog||Limited visibility.||
|Electromagnetic Anomalies||Gravity is reduced and Magnetic clouds will dot the map.|
|Enemy Physical Enhancement||Enemies will deal +100% additional physical damage specified and have +85% resistance to all physical damage.|
|Enemy Elemental Enhancement||Enemies will deal +100% additional elemental damage specified and have +85% resistance to all elemental damage .|
|Energy Reduction||Maximum Warframe Energy capacity is quartered, and energy regeneration speed is significantly reduced.|
|Eximus Stronghold||Eximus units spawn much more often.|
|Extreme Cold||Mobility is significantly impaired.|
|Fire||Maximum Warframe Health amount is halved, and recovery rate is significantly reduced. Enemies gain +25% Heat damage.|
|Low Gravity||Gravity is significantly reduced.|
|Radiation Hazard||Enemies gain +100% Radiation damage. Enemy physical damage is reduced by 75%.||
|Assault Rifle Only||Only Assault Rifles can be used and carried.|
|Melee Only||Only Melee weapons can be used and carried.||
|Secondary Only||Only Secondary weapons can be used and carried.||
|Shotgun Only||Only Primary Shotguns can be used and carried.|
|Sniper Only||Only Sniper Rifles can be used and carried.||
|Bow Only||Only Primary Bows can be used and carried.|
Mission Conditions[edit | edit source]
Apart from the above mission modifiers, the mission types in Sorties will also have their own specific conditions:
- Cipher usage is disabled. All Consoles require to be hacked manually. Grineer Consoles will only allow up to 3 mistakes to be made before the hacking fails and shocks the user, dealing Electricity Damage directly to their health.
- Rescue Sorties will have the execution timer activate as soon as players enter the prison complex.
- The amount of time to rescue the hostage is reduced, and once the hostage is freed all enemies will prioritize attacking them over the players.
- Spy Sorties require all three Data Vaults to be successfully completed.
- The amount of time to retrieve the data if an alarm has been triggered is reduced.
- Any failed console hack inside the vault en route to the main terminal will simply electrocute players without setting off the alarm.
- Defense Sorties require 10 Waves to complete.
- Missions will have players defending a mobile Tenno Operative instead of a stationary Cryopod. The Operative will wander about the environment, and can be revived if their Health runs out. A player can also lend their Secondary Weapon to the Operative, similar to Rescue Missions.
- Interception Sorties require 2 waves to complete.
- Excavation Sorties require a minimum of 500 Cryotic before players are allowed to extract.
- Resource Boosters cannot speed up the process, as the mission progresses by base amount.
- Destroyed excavators will still produce some Cryotic, adding to the total Cryotic collected for the mission. Thus, it is possible to complete the mission even if players fail to protect the excavators provided enough is collected for the mission's objective.
- Survival Sorties require a minimum of 10 minutes to complete.
- Exterminate and Sabotage Sorties will start with the enemies already alerted.
- Defection Sorties require 5 squads of Defectors before extraction opens, while allowing 6 Defector deaths before mission failure.
- Enemy faction type will change to Infested for the duration of the mission.
- If Fire occurs as a mission condition, fire patches will be present on the ground, but fire damage will not spread throughout the map.
- Once extraction opens, players have 5 minutes to extract otherwise the mission will fail.
- Hijack objectives will project a nullification field around it, preventing the use of Abilities near it.
- Assassination Sorties will always occur on the third stage. This will spawn their respective bosses at level 100. In addition, certain bosses may have slight alterations to their patterns.
- Special access methods will not be required, even if applicable to the boss (e.g. Ambulas and Kela De Thaym will not require their respective tokens).
- Assassination targets will not drop their unique Warframe or weapon blueprints upon mission completion (e.g. General Sargas Ruk will not give Ember components, but can still drop Split Chamber and an Orokin Cell on death). The two exceptions to this are Captain Vor (who can drop a Cronus blueprint) and Kela De Thaym (who can drop a Twin Kohmak blueprint).
- Completing an Assassination will not count towards related Junction requirements (e.g. killing Tyl Regor within the Sortie will not fulfill the Neptune Junction).
- Plains of Eidolon sorties features three Bounty objectives. The mission ends as soon as the final objective is completed, with no need to run back to the Cetus gates to extract.
- Completing bonus objectives will not yield any additional rewards.
- If a Ghoul Purge is active, the sortie may include Ghoul-related incursion objectives.
- Disruption sorties requires the completion of 8 conduits.
- Capture, Infested Salvage, Archwing, Railjack, Orb Vallis, and Cambion Drift missions will not be selected for sorties at all.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Completing a mission for the first time will reward players with 20,000, 30,000, or 50,000 depending on which of the three Sortie stages was finished. These values are affected by Credit Boosters and Daily First Win Bonus. However, boosters earned from the final Sortie stage will not apply to the mission it was earned from.
Those who complete the full sequence of missions will receive a random reward from a limited pool of rewards. The rewards will differ between individual squads, but each player within a squad will receive the same rewards.
|Anasa Ayatan Sculpture - 28.00%*|
|Riven Mod - 27.90%†|
|4,000x Endo - 12.10%‡|
|6,000x Kuva - 12.00%‡|
|3-Day Booster - 9.81%^|
|Exilus Adapter - 2.50%|
|Forma - 2.50%|
|Orokin Catalyst Blueprint - 2.50%|
|Orokin Reactor Blueprint - 2.50%|
|Legendary Core - 0.18%|
Post-Fortuna drop rates taken from official sources.
*Common, Uncommon, Rare, Legendary
† Melee Riven Mod (8.14%), Pistol Riven Mod (7.61%), Rifle Riven Mod (6.79%), Zaw Riven Mod (2.00%), Kitgun Riven Mod (2.00%), Shotgun Riven Mod (1.36%)
‡ Unaffected by Resource Booster
^Only one booster of a single type – Affinity Booster (3.27%), Mod Drop Chance Booster (3.27%), or Resource Drop Chance Booster (3.27%)
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In a premade group, it is recommended to coordinate with your teammates on what Gear and Loadouts to use.
- Stealth is recommended especially for objective-based missions like Spy and Rescue missions due to the strength of the enemy at the levels sorties take place. Alternatively, it may be prudent to simply ignore enemies altogether and prioritize heading to the objectives as quickly as possible.
- The bubbles in Electromagnetic Anomalies can be temporarily removed by Electric, Magnetic or Void damage, but will regenerate after 12 seconds. Detonating one will cause an Electric proc to nearby units similar to destroying an Arc Trap. Wait a second before running through a freshly-detonated bubble, as it will proc anyone running through its dissipating core.
- Using the Operator's Void Mode or Void Dash will completely negate this effect.
- Enemy status procs can be debilitating at the levels Sorties take place at, therefore Rapid Resilience or Quick Thinking can combat against strong damage-over-time effects such as Slash or Toxin.
- The Fire Hazard condition will eventually spread to every room in the mission. Despite the lack of a timer, it would be wise to minimize backtracking and quickly devise an efficient route. Alternatively, equipping Flame Repellent or Rapid Resilience can offer some damage mitigation if heavy fire contact is inevitable.
- Playing solo will not decrease the mission difficulty, but can lower the amount of enemies spawned depending on mission type. Solo Interception players will capture points much faster than with a full squad, while fighting far fewer enemies. However it is still recommended to play with a full squad when tackling missions where fewer players will not lower enemy count (Survival), or the number of required kills (Exterminate).
- For Defense missions, bringing a Limbo to Banish the Operative or an Ash to hide the Operative using Smoke Shadow, can simplify the mission by helping the Operative survive the onslaught.
- Additionally, removing the weapon of the Operative tends to make them stand still, rather than slowly wander around the map on-the-ready. This can be done with or without having a secondary equipped.
- Giving the Operative a Sonicor can help keep the enemies away from them.
- Specters will automatically revive the Operative when they are bleeding out.
- An armed Operative can be very powerful with a fully modded weapon, as the weapon's damage scales with their high level. In particular, a Hikou or Hikou Prime modded with high fire rate ( Gunslinger, Anemic Agility, and Lethal Torrent), multishot ( Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent), and Concealed Explosives will allow the Operative to one-hit kill anything up to level 80-100 armored Grineer (whose armor can be nullified by Corrosive Projection).
- For missions that have weapon limitations, it is recommended to bring along a Warframe with high-damage offensive abilities, such as Ember, Excalibur, or Nidus, to maintain effective firepower. Likewise, it would be helpful to utilize Warframes with damage-buffing abilities such as Equinox or Rhino.
- On a related note, Exalted Weapons are unaffected by weapon-limiting modifiers.
- If planning to enter missions with enemy elemental resistance, consider modding weapons with physical damage mods (ex. Heavy Trauma) and faction damage mods (ex. Smite Infested) in lieu of elemental damage mods in order to maximize damage potential, and using Warframes whose abilities deal physical or non-standard damage types (e.g. Excalibur, Ash, etc.).
- Death Squads cannot appear during Sorties; however one may acquire a Stalker Death Mark by completing a Sortie Assassination.
- As Ciphers are unavailable for use in Sorties, the Liset's Override from Air Support Charges can be helpful in Spy and Rescue Sorties; it can help compensate for any mistakes made when hacking data vaults in Spy, and it can extend the time to rescue the hostage in Rescue.
- Intruder is also useful in easing the difficulty of Hacking in sorties as well.
- Hildryn works best for the Energy Reduction modifier due to not relying on energy for her abilities.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sorties were implemented in Update 18.0 on December 3rd, 2015.
- At release, Sortie reward tables were divided into "seasons" that changed every few updates, with rotating Sortie rewards. This feature lasted until Update 19.0 retired the season mechanic altogether in favor of a fixed reward table.
- During this period, among the rewards players could obtain included parts for certain Vandal or Wraith weapons, Nezha components, Focus Lenses, the Pyra Syandana, and 3 Nitain Extracts.
- During the Divine Will Tactical Alert (which happened from February 11, 2016 to February 16, 2016), Sorties rewarded an additional 25 R5 Fusion Cores.
- The Electromagnetic Anomalies modifier first appeared during Sortie Season 8.
- Currently, there are no Sortie missions linked to the Jordas Golem, Ropalolyst, or Zealoid Prelate.
- There are Sortie missions linked to Nef Anyo despite not yet becoming a boss.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- It may be necessary to relog or finish any mission (visit a Dojo) to refresh the Sortie tab of the World State Window upon the Sortie reset time arriving, otherwise the game may simply display "No Sorties are available".
- The same might apply directly after finishing The War Within, showing no tab at all.
- Occasionally, there is a bug that will allow players to extract after 100 Cryotic on Excavation Sorties. This is most likely due to the fact that the original amount required was 100 before adjusting.
- There is an occasional bug where the Hijack Core / Rover will not have a nullification field around it.
References[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 27.0.9
|PvE||Standard||Assassination • Capture • Exterminate • Hijack • Mobile Defense • |
Rescue • Sabotage (Assault, Deception, Hive,
Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy
|Endless||Defection • Disruption • Defense • Excavation • |
Infested Salvage • Interception • Survival
|Free Roam||Bounty (Isolation Vault • Heist)|
|Arena||The Index • Rathuum|
|Special||Granum Void • Junction • Recovery • Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Archwing||Exterminate • Interception • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Rush • Sabotage|
|PvP||Conclave||Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro|
|Other||Frame Fighter • Duel|
|Arbitrations • Crossfire • Dark Sectors • Environmental Hazards • Invasions • Kuva Siphon • |
Kuva Lich • Nightmare Mode • Nightwave • Sorties • The Steel Path • Void Fissures