Using acoustic location, Banshee's Sonar power finds and tracks enemies, and exposes critical weak spots to everyone in your squad.
|Strength:2x / 3x / 4x / 5x|
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 30 s|
|Range:20 / 25 / 30 / 35 m|
- Banshee emits a sound wave and reveals the location of every enemy within 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 meters. Tracked enemies will be visible on every player's mini-map, and each enemy will have a body part highlighted. These effects last for 10 / 15 / 20 / 30 seconds. Hitting an enemy in the highlighted area causes the inflicted damage to be multiplied by 200% / 300% / 400% / 500%.
- Has a cast delay of about 0.8 seconds and a recast time of about 2.4 seconds.
- Recasting Sonar while it's still active will cause additional body parts to be highlighted. Highlighted areas can overlap, causing inflicted damage to be further amplified multiplicatively.
- Sonar does not highlight all enemies within its maximum area of effect immediately, instead the effect propagates outward from the caster's position, traveling at a fixed pace irrespective of Ability Range mods, similar to the mechanics of 's .
- Main article: Resonance
Resonance is a Warframe Augment Mod for 's that triggers an additional Sonar pulse with a fraction of the original pulse's remaining duration if an enemy is killed in a highlighted weakspot.
- Can increase damage done by abilities if the glowing body part is the torso, since most abilities target the torso.
- This ability can help with ranking up new weapons, as the damage multiplier can increase a weapon's damage to a given area, thereby increasing ammo efficiency. Coupled with , this can greatly improve a weapon's effectiveness before it has enough room for much-needed mods.
- Because of its multiplicative nature, Sonar is arguably the most potential damage booster currently in the game. A fully modded Banshee combined with a fully modded can increase the damage multiplier to 18.95, so a single overlapping area will multiply the damage 359 times. For example: a single rifle shot of 5000 damage on a doubled-weakspot on an unarmored target would deal 1.8 million damage.
- Sonar's augment mod helps greatly with Ability Efficiency, since it allows Sonars to be automatically cast every few seconds simply by dealing killing damage on weakpoints.
- Although the enemy reveal effect does not combine with or , it is stronger that either of them on their own.
- It seems the traveling speed of this ability depends on the distance to the target. The wave propagates at ~12 m/s for 24 meters, but at ~15 m/s for 48 meters and at ~16.5 m/s for 80 meters.