- 1 In Necralisk
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Greetings
- 1.3 Predasite/Vulpaphyla Revivication
- 1.4 Experimental Procedures
- 1.5 Wares
- 1.6 Farewells
- 1.7 Exclusive Dialogue
In Necralisk[edit | edit source]
Introduction[edit | edit source]
- "My family may choose to live in witless denial of our condition, but I accept it. Deimos is my mistress, whether I chose her or not. Her bitter kisses fester in my veins. Witness, Tenno. We are truly become one flesh. I crave to understand her myself. Whatever you need to provide me samples of her processes and function - wildlife - I will provide. But, if I am to understand them I require them intact. You sedate them, I shall arrange retrieval, you shall be rewarded."
Greetings[edit | edit source]
- "Wander freely through this savage romping ground as I once did. Oh, she punished me for it. I desired only solitude, and for that, she made me scapegoat."
- "Yes, I once dressed an Infested as my father and had him blindly follow the mother-creature into the abyss. It was hilarious, and I'm not sorry."
- "She should have trusted me to strike out alone! Yes, the Infested followed me home, and yes, we became tainted travesties of ourselves, but I hadn't learned how to control them then!"
- "Deimos is bewitching. And when you're bewitched, you're not. Paying. Attention. Then... this happens. So try to be less easily impressed out there, hm? For all our sakes?"
- "You'd do well to listen to my Grandmother from time-to-time. Oh, she was never a soldier or a scientist. Sometimes I think that freedom from stricture is what makes her the most intellectually nimble of us all."
- "She collared me like a cur. And for what? Refusing to bend the knee to her arbitrary rules?"
- "Father massacred my Infested pets. He and Mother plunged us into this chaos - all I did was rub his face in it. Why did he take it so personally?"
- "I was to be a scientist. Now I see the shortsightedness of mere intellect. Provide me samples. Soon my parents can come crawling to me to beg for my data."
Predasite/Vulpaphyla Revivication[edit | edit source]
If the Player has no Weakened Predasite/Vulpaphyla[edit | edit source]
- "I can't wait for you to experience the joys of bringing up a festering little friend of your very own, but first, you need to catch one. Find a Predasite or Vulpaphyla the Infested have wounded, tranq it, and hurry back."
- "Despite appearances, this is not a pet shop."
If the Player Waits[edit | edit source]
- "Rewriting a creature's biology is a huge responsibility. Choose the antigen with care."
- "It's time to choose an antigen. I'm breathless with anticipation."
- "The antigen you choose will determine how you can further optimize the creature's capabilities."
Selecting Parts[edit | edit source]
- "As you wish."
- "Very well."
- "Good, good."
Reviving a Predasite/Vulpaphyla[edit | edit source]
Experimental Procedures[edit | edit source]
Gilding a Companion[edit | edit source]
If Attempting to Gild Without Eligible Companion[edit | edit source]
Confirming the Name of a Companion[edit | edit source]
- "Without a name, you're only half real. What are you calling this one?"
Skipping the Naming of a Companion[edit | edit source]
Wares[edit | edit source]
Browsing Wares without Purchasing[edit | edit source]
- "As you wish."
Leaving Wares after Purchasing[edit | edit source]
- "Farewell. Travel safe."
- "Don't get lazy out there."
- "I look forward to your return."
Farewells[edit | edit source]
- "I shall languish with weary solitude until you return."
- "See you around."
- "Bye for now, you shiny thing."
Exclusive Dialogue[edit | edit source]
“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers.
Stranger Cutscene[edit | edit source]
- Daughter: "This... this specimen is a descendent of my original collection. How... how did...?"
- Son: "Promise you won't yell at me."
- Daughter: "You didn't incinerate them at all. You..."
- Son: "Dumped them in the exocrine. We can rebuild. They're still out there, and doing quite well it seems. I wanted to wound you, not maim. You're right to hate me."
- Daughter: "No. I deny you of my hatred. Find something else to feed on. Whatever you've become, I am still your sister."
- Son: "You are more. I see that now. I name you Kaelli. Water scourge."
Associate Cutscene[edit | edit source]
- Mother: "Your work proceeds, my son. Clearly you thrive in isolation."
- Son: "Outside your control. Shackling me was never going to work."
- Mother: "'Shackling?' You contaminated the family... and yourself! You had to be protected from these... mad urges."
- Son: "You were worried about me. Thank you for the overdue recognition."
- Mother: "Your restrictions will be eased. Slightly. I name you Kermerros. The runner who outstrips his own shadow."
Associate Greetings[edit | edit source]
- "I have the honor of a name and a little taste of freedom! Whatever you're doing out there, Tenno, keep at it."
- "Deimos is unfolding before us like a puzzle-box. I must have more samples."
- "None of the monstrosities you'll find out there are as fearsome as the demons inside my mother's head."
- "Poor Kaelli thinks this family may yet have a future. Monotony is bearable. Hope? That'll kill you."
Friend Cutscene[edit | edit source]
- Son: "Do you remember the time I first bred Infested? How we played with them for hours. How we played with them for hours."
- Father: "What you did with those... things... was a deliberate insult."
- Son: "I'm sorry you don't appreciate my sense of humor. But I did make you happy, didn't I? When you killed them."
- Father: "Wait. Is that... why you did it?"
- Son: "Vilcor, my sweet sire. What good is a weapons expert without something to kill?"
Family Cutscene[edit | edit source]
- Mother: "No. I refuse to accept this. My shard..."
- Grandmother: "Just one of thousands, dear. Nothing special."
- Father: "Be kind. She knew, once. Deimos stole the memory."
- Son: "It's not some mystical relic of Grandfather."
- Daughter: "It's just a bit of glass."
- Mother: "It's all I have left!"
- Father: "Is it?"
- Mother: "... no. Father, I release you. Let me live for the sake of the living."
- Father: "I name you Gomaitru. The goblet refilled."
- Mother: "And to you... we thank you. You've helped us realize that even though we've changed, even though we struggle to understand one another, we are still..."
- Grandmother: "A family."
- Mother: "Yes. A family that would be honored to include you, Tenno. But... what to name this little star that fell from the sky and brought us together?"
- Father: "Ayatan."
- Mother: "Perfect. Welcome, Ayatan."
- Father: "Welcome."
- Daughter: "Welcome."
- Son: "Welcome."
- Grandmother: "Welcome."
Family Re-introduction[edit | edit source]
- "So. The stranger at the family feast turned out to be the one who guided us to find one another again. There will be scars. Ugly ones, but healing too. Thank you, friend."
Family Greetings[edit | edit source]
- "I was to be married, you know? She would now be as dead as the empire that raised us. Sometimes I wish I had been there, with her, when your kind came for us. No hard feelings. Our time had more than come."
- "Are you well, Tenno?"
- Salutations, Ayatan of the Entrati."
- "Grandmother had the measure of us all from the start!"
- "Mother surrounded herself with experts, married a leader in his field, and took advice from none of them. She may have some regrets, sure. But not enough. I doubt she has the capacity. That would expose too many cracks in the story she tells about herself."
- "My mother is more than just her father's daughter now. She's finally loosened her own shackles, just as she did mine."
- "I wonder what kind of man my father will become; now he's emerged from his corroded chrysalis of duty. I wonder if we shall ever be friends."
- "Loid used to lift me on his back to ride around the gardens! How strange to suddenly think of that."
- "I believed that Father lacked the spine to save us from Mother's hubris, but I see now that he believed her delusion as much as Mother herself - indeed, what choice did we have? Without void travel, our people would of been helpless before the threat. Her plan was our last hope."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.