|Soma Prime has returned from the Prime Vault for a limited time. Please click here for more information about the current Prime Vault offers on the official WARFRAME website.|
On November 15, 2016, it was announced that the Soma Prime, along with Nova Prime and the Vasto Prime, would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on November 22, 2016. Any preexisting components or fully-built weapons will remain as is.
On October 31, 2017, the Soma Prime became available for acquisition through Twitch Prime along with Frost Prime. This limited time offer lasted until December 31st, 2017.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
(V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics
(B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash and Puncture damage – effective against health and armor.
- Tied with normal Soma, Telos Boltor, and Prisma Gorgon for the second highest critical chance of all fully automatic rifles, behind Battacor.
- Tied with normal Soma, Rubico/Rubico Prime, Attica, and Baza for the second highest critical multiplier of all primary weapons, behind semi-auto Tiberon Prime, and tied with Soma Prime, Attica, and Baza for the highest critical multiplier of all fully automatic rifles.
- Very high fire rate.
- High accuracy.
- Fastest spool-up of all auto spool rifles, with optimal fire rate and accuracy achieved after a spool-up period of five bullets.
- Large magazine size and ammo reserves.
- Innate two polarities.
- Tied with normal Soma for the second lowest damage of all rifles, after Grakata; very reliant on its high critical damage potential.
- High fire rate generates high recoil, hindering accuracy.
- Low reload speed.
- Sub-optimal ammo efficiency.
- Soma Prime, compared to Soma:
- See Category:Soma Prime Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Soma Prime Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- A critical focused build using Point Strike, Argon Scope and/or Critical Delay combined with Vital Sense, Bladed Rounds, and/or Hammer Shot is the best way to mod this weapon to take advantage of its high critical chance to increase its otherwise meager base damage.
- Firing in short bursts and landing headshots will significantly increase its efficiency.
- Reload time can be shortened by using a melee attack or dodge roll when the reload timer reaches about 3/4. This works because, like many older weapons, the magazine is updated at this time instead of at the end, making the remaining time extraneous.
- Due to the weapon's high rate-of-fire combined with its low base damage, the Soma Prime can be ammo inefficient. Using Rifle Ammo Mutation and/or Rifle Scavenger can be used to recover a steady supply of ammo. Alternatively, ammo can be instantly replenished using Team Ammo Restores. Additionally, Carrier's Ammo Case mod grants more reserve ammo and turns unused ammo drops into ammo for equipped weapons.
- The Soma Prime was one of the first prime items which had colorable gold parts. This trait was shared with the Vasto Prime, Nova Prime and the Pyra Prime Syandana.
- The ring-like formation through which the Warframe holds the weapon with their left hand rotates while firing, making this one of the few primary weapons that have firing animations.
- Like its non-prime version, the Soma Prime's magazine passes up through its receiver as it fires, with the portion of the magazine consumed indicating the amount of ammo left.
Soma Prime Skins
- Soma, the standard version of this gun.
- Aksomati, the machine pistol counterparts of this weapon.
- Dual Raza, battle-hatchets inspired by Soma's design.
- Phaedra, Archwing rifle described as the Soma's big-sister.