“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”The Void Relics for this item have been removed from the drop tables at this time and are no longer farmable. Note that vaulted Void Relics in players' inventories are not affected and can still be opened.
The Soma Prime is the Primed variant of the assault rifle, featuring a greater magazine size, greater ammo reserves, faster spool-up, and a slight increase to status chance. It was released alongside and .
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- High and damage – effective against health and armor.
- Tied with , , , and for the second highest critical chance of all fully automatic rifles, behind / .
- Tied with , , and / for the highest critical multiplier of all fully automatic rifles.
- Very high fire rate.
- High accuracy.
- Fastest spool-up of all auto-spool rifles, with optimal fire rate achieved after a spool-up period of 4 shots.
- Fire rate starts at 25% of its listed value, and increases by 30% per shot.
- Large magazine size and ammo reserves.
- Can use the Soma Prime-exclusive mod.
- Innate two polarities.
- Tied with normal for the second lowest damage of all fully automatic rifles, after ; very reliant on its high critical damage potential.
- Ill-suited against Object-based health as it nullifies any critical hits.
- Low damage – less effective against shields.
- High fire rate generates high recoil, hindering accuracy.
- Low reload speed.
- Sub-optimal ammo efficiency.
- Soma Prime, compared to Soma:
Soma Prime's main and component blueprints are acquired from the following Void Relics.
|Lith M1 Uncommon (V)
Meso B3 Common (V)
Neo N12 Common (V)
Neo S1 Common (V)
|Lith M2 Common (V)
Meso D5 Common (V)
Neo S3 Common (V)
|Lith K4 Uncommon (V)
Lith S3 Uncommon (V)
Neo N1 Uncommon (V)
Neo N9 Uncommon (V)
|Lith S2 Rare (V)|
Meso S1 Rare (V)
Axi S4 Rare (V)
Axi S7 Rare (V)
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Vaultings[edit | edit source]
- On November 15th, 2016, it was announced that Soma Prime, along with and , would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on November 22nd, 2016. Any preexisting components or fully-built weapons will remain as is.
- On October 31st, 2017, Soma Prime became available for acquisition through Twitch Prime along with . This limited time offer lasted until December 31st, 2017.
- Soma Prime, along with , , , , and , were unvaulted from November 13th, 2018 to January 29th, 2019.
- Soma Prime, along with , , , and , were unvaulted once again from May 26th, 2020 to September 29th, 2020.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A critical focused build using and combined with and , and/or is the best way to mod this weapon to take advantage of its high critical chance to increase its otherwise meager base damage.
- If you are low on slots, , , and provide the most overall increase in DPS.
- , enables maximising critical chance, but when used together with the superior options mentioned above, it has a fairly weak effect due to diminishing returns. It's negative attribute, on the other hand, has a strong detrimental effect: The weapon is best fired in short bursts (reducing spread in order to land more headshots, and increasing uptime), but this causes frequent respooling, producing a reduction in potential DPS. For this reason, the weapon suffers disproportionately from fire rate decreasing mods, while benefiting from fire rate increasing mods which increase the power and "responsiveness" of said bursts.
- Reload time can be shortened by using a melee attack or dodge roll when the reload timer reaches about 3/4. This works because, like many older weapons, the magazine is updated at this time instead of at the end, making the remaining time extraneous.
- Due to the weapon's high rate-of-fire combined with its low base damage, the Soma Prime can be ammo inefficient. Using / and/or can be used to recover a steady supply of ammo. Alternatively, ammo can be instantly replenished using Squad Ammo Restores. Additionally, Carrier's mod grants more reserve ammo and turns unused ammo drops into ammo for equipped weapons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Soma Prime was one of the first prime items which had colorable gold parts. This trait was shared with the , and the Pyra Prime Syandana.
- The ring-like formation through which the Warframe holds the weapon with their left hand rotates while firing, making this one of the few primary weapons that have firing animations.
- Like its non-prime version, the Soma Prime's magazine passes up through its receiver as it fires, with the portion of the magazine consumed indicating the amount of ammo left.
- The Soma Prime is also the only Primed weapon in the game that keeps its original counterpart's base damage.
Media[edit | edit source]
Soma Prime Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- , the standard version of this gun.
- , the machine pistol counterparts of the standard weapon.
- , the machine pistol counterpart of this weapon
- , battle-hatchets inspired by Soma's design.
- , Archwing rifle described as the Soma's big-sister.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|