|Soma Prime has returned from the Prime Vault for a limited time. Please click here for more information about the current Prime Vault offers on the official WARFRAME website.|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
(V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics
(B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash and Puncture damage – effective against health and armor.
- Tied with Soma, Attica, and Baza/ Baza Prime for the highest critical multiplier of all fully automatic rifles.
- Very high fire rate.
- High accuracy.
- Fastest spool-up of all auto spool rifles, with optimal fire rate and accuracy achieved after a spool-up period of five bullets.
- Large magazine size and ammo reserves.
- Innate two polarities.
- Tied with normal Soma for the second lowest damage of all rifles, after Grakata; very reliant on its high critical damage potential.
- Ill-suited against Object-based health as it nullifies any critical hits.
- Low Impact damage – less effective against shields.
- High fire rate generates high recoil, hindering accuracy.
- Low reload speed.
- Sub-optimal ammo efficiency.
- Soma Prime, compared to Soma:
- See Category:Soma Prime Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Soma Prime Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- A critical focused build using Point Strike and Argon Scope combined with Vital Sense and Bladed Rounds, and/or Hammer Shot is the best way to mod this weapon to take advantage of its high critical chance to increase its otherwise meager base damage.
- If you are low on slots, Point Strike, Vital Sense, and Bladed Rounds provide the most overall increase in DPS.
- Critical Delay, enables maximising critical chance, but when used together with the superior options mentioned above, it has a fairly weak effect due to diminishing returns. It's negative attribute, on the other hand, has a strong detrimental effect: The weapon is best fired in short bursts (reducing spread in order to land more headshots, and increasing uptime), but this causes frequent respooling, producing a reduction in potential DPS. For this reason, the weapon suffers disproportionately from fire rate decreasing mods, while benefiting from fire rate increasing mods which increase the power and "responsiveness" of said bursts.
- Reload time can be shortened by using a melee attack or dodge roll when the reload timer reaches about 3/4. This works because, like many older weapons, the magazine is updated at this time instead of at the end, making the remaining time extraneous.
- Due to the weapon's high rate-of-fire combined with its low base damage, the Soma Prime can be ammo inefficient. Using Rifle Ammo Mutation and/or Rifle Scavenger can be used to recover a steady supply of ammo. Alternatively, ammo can be instantly replenished using Squad Ammo Restores. Additionally, Carrier's Ammo Case mod grants more reserve ammo and turns unused ammo drops into ammo for equipped weapons.
- The Soma Prime was one of the first prime items which had colorable gold parts. This trait was shared with the Vasto Prime, Nova Prime and the Pyra Prime Syandana.
- The ring-like formation through which the Warframe holds the weapon with their left hand rotates while firing, making this one of the few primary weapons that have firing animations.
- Like its non-prime version, the Soma Prime's magazine passes up through its receiver as it fires, with the portion of the magazine consumed indicating the amount of ammo left.
- The Soma Prime is also the only Primed weapon in the game that keeps its original counterpart's base damage.
Soma Prime Skins
- On November 15th, 2016, it was announced that Soma Prime, along with Nova Prime and the Vasto Prime, would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on November 22nd, 2016. Any preexisting components or fully-built weapons will remain as is.
- On October 31st, 2017, Soma Prime became available for acquisition through Twitch Prime along with Frost Prime. This limited time offer lasted until December 31st, 2017.
- Soma Prime, along with Mag Prime, Nova Prime, Dakra Prime, Boar Prime, and Vasto Prime, were unvaulted from November 13th, 2018 to January 29th, 2019.
- Soma Prime was unvaulted once again on May 26th, 2020, along with Trinity Prime, Nova Prime, Dual Kamas Prime, and Vasto Prime.
- Soma, the standard version of this gun.
- Aksomati, the machine pistol counterparts of the standard weapon.
- Aksomati Prime, the machine pistol counterpart of this weapon
- Dual Raza, battle-hatchets inspired by Soma's design.
- Phaedra, Archwing rifle described as the Soma's big-sister.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.