“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”
The Soma Prime is the Prime variant of the assault rifle, featuring a greater magazine size, greater ammo reserves, faster spool-up, and a slight increase to status chance. It was released alongside and .
- This weapon deals primarily damage.
- Requires a spool-up of 4 shots before optimal fire rate is achieved.
- Fire rate stats at 25% of the listed value, and increases by 30% per shot.
- Can use the Soma Prime-exclusive mod.
- Fully Spooled
- Highest crit multiplier
- High crit chance
- Very high magazine
- Very high effective fire rate
- High max ammo
- Spool-up creates a warm-up period of weakness for fire rate, making short engagements undesirable.
- Fully Spooled
- Very low damage
- Low reload speed
- Very low status chance
- Low disposition
- Soma Prime (Fully Spooled), compared to Soma (Fully Spooled):
- Equal base damage, but different composition:
- Higher base status chance (10.00% vs. 7.00%)
- Higher sustained DPS (235.10 vs. 198.62)
- Larger magazine (200 vs. 100)
- Larger max ammo capacity (800 vs. 540)
- Faster spool-up (4 vs. 8)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (7 vs. 6)
- Lower disposition (●●●○○ (1.10x) vs. ●●●●○ (1.15x))
Lith, Meso, Neo, and Axi refer to Void Relics | (V) Denotes Vaulted Void Relics | (B) Denotes Baro Ki'Teer Exclusive Void Relic
| Uncommon (V)
| Common (V)
| Uncommon (V)
| Rare (V)|
|Time: 12 Hour(s)|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
- On November 15th, 2016, it was announced that Soma Prime, along with and , would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables on November 22nd, 2016. Any preexisting components or fully-built weapons will remain as is.
- On October 31st, 2017, Soma Prime became available for acquisition through Twitch Prime along with . This limited time offer lasted until December 31st, 2017.
- Soma Prime, along with , , , , and , were unvaulted from November 13th, 2018 to January 29th, 2019.
- Soma Prime, along with , , , and , were unvaulted once again from May 26th, 2020 to September 29th, 2020.
- A critical focused build using , ( ) and , combined with and , and/or is a valuable way to mod this weapon to take advantage of its high critical chance to increase its otherwise meager base damage.
- Reload time can be shortened by using a melee attack or dodge roll when the reload timer reaches about 3/4. This works because, like many older weapons, the magazine is updated at this time instead of at the end, making the remaining time extraneous.
- Due to the weapon's high rate-of-fire combined with its low base damage, the Soma Prime can be ammo inefficient. Using / and/or can be used to recover a steady supply of ammo. Alternatively, ammo can be instantly replenished using Squad Ammo Restores. Additionally, Carrier's mod grants more reserve ammo and turns unused ammo drops into ammo for equipped weapons.
- The Soma Prime was one of the first prime items which had colorable gold parts. This trait was shared with the , and the Pyra Prime Syandana.
- The ring-like formation through which the Warframe holds the weapon with their left hand rotates while firing, making this one of the few primary weapons that have firing animations.
- Like its non-prime version, the Soma Prime's magazine passes up through its receiver as it fires, with the portion of the magazine consumed indicating the amount of ammo left.
- The Soma Prime is also the only Primed weapon in the game that keeps its original counterpart's base damage.
Soma Prime Skins
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|