Open a portal to the sun to irradiate enemies with a devastating beam of pure solar plasma. Hold fire to double Damage at the cost of increased energy consumption. For the duration of an attack enemies damaged by Sol Gate are increasingly more vulnerable to it.
Energy Drain: 12 s-1
|Strength:1,000 / 1,100 / 1,250 / 1,500 (base beam damage per half second)|
2,000 / 2,200 / 2,500 / 3,000 (boosted beam damage per half second)
|Range:40 m (beam length)|
|Misc:500 % (base beam max damage ramp-up)|
1,000 % (boosted beam max damage ramp-up)
-50 % (boosted beam move speed penalty)
25 % (Vitality Mote damage bonus)
100 % (Haste Mote Corrosive status chance)
25 % (Shock Mote damage bonus)
100 % (Breach Surge spark chance on hit)
- Wisp tears open and sustains a portal to the sun to harness its destructive power. While sustaining the portal, Wisp focuses the solar plasma into a single beam with curving flares over a length of 40 meters; the beam possesses infinite Punch Through against enemy bodies, and inflicts 1,000 / 1,100 / 1,250 / 1,500 Heat and Radiation damage per 0.5 seconds with a ?% status chance to all enemies it contacts. Each enemy that receives damage from the beam becomes more vulnerable to it, with beam damage increasing by 50% per half second up to a maximum of 500% damage bonus per damage instance. Press the ability key (default ) while active to deactivate this ability.
- Damage per half second is affected by Ability Strength.
- Beam length is affected by Ability Range.
- Beam damage ramp-up is not affected by mods.
- Wisp is able to move and cast Wil-O-Wisp while Sol Gate is active.
- While Sol Gate is active, Reservoirs Motes orbiting Wisp will instead orbit around the portal. When Sol Gate is deactivated, Motes will return to Wisp again.
- Wisp recoils backward when the ability deactivates.
- Holding the fire button (default ) increases the beam's damage to 2,000 / 2,200 / 2,500 / 3,000, status chance to ?%, damage ramp-up per half second to 100% up to a maximum of 1,000% damage bonus, while also increasing energy drain to 24 energy per second. Wisp's movement speed is slowed by 50% while boosting Sol Gate.
- Sol Gate consumes 12 energy per second while active and will remain active until Wisp's energy is depleted, or the ability is deactivated by pressing the ability key again.
- Activation energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency, and the energy drain is affected by Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration.
- Wisp cannot replenish energy using Energy Vampire, Rift Plane's innate energy regeneration, Team Energy Restores, Energy Siphon, or Energizing Dash while Sol Gate is active.
- Sol Gate's energy drain is not converted into shields by Augur Mods.
- Energy can be replenished by Energy Orbs, Arcane Energize, Orokin Void Death Orb energy restores, Rage, and/or Hunter Adrenaline while the ability is active.
- Ability Synergy:
- Currently obtained Motes from Reservoirs provide additional properties to Sol Gate.
- Has a 100% chance to trigger Breach Surge's surge spark.
- Wisp cannot cast Reservoirs or Breach Surge, perform parkour Maneuvers except sprinting and dodge rolls, or other general interactions while channeling this ability.
- Wisp is immune to knockdown while channeling this ability.
- Energy beams, energy particles, and energy surge color tinting are affected by Wisp's chosen Warframe energy color.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.