The Sobek is a Grineer automatic shotgun that has a large 20-round drum magazine. While it suffers a very low reload speed and rate of fire, it is effective at laying down suppressing fire. It is used by the Grineer Trooper and Executioner Nok.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High base damage per pellet.
- High overall status chance.
- Innate multishot of 5 pellets.
- Large magazine size.
- High ammo reserves.
- Can use the Sobek-exclusive Shattering Justice and Acid Shells mods.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 20m to 30m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Low critical chance.
- Slow reload speed.
- Slowest fire rate of all fully automatic shotguns.
- Tied with Tigris for the second lowest pellet count of all pellet shotguns, after Exergis.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Sobek's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:25,000|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Modding the weapon with its exclusive Shattering Justice and Acid Shells gives the Sobek very good crowd control capabilities.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sobek is named after the ancient Egyptian God of the Nile river, likely reflecting how the overall shape of the gun resembles a crocodile's head.
- Along with the Seer, the Sobek was one of the first weapons to possess a non-static model. In this case the central magazine rotates after each shot, and rotates for a second or two when starting the reload animation.
- The Sobek's twin barrels are telescopic, retracting when stored on the back of the Warframe.
- Sobek is the first weapon that has two PvE weapon-exclusive mods.
- Troopers will manually reload some of the shells when initiating a reload, using a separate animation from players. This may be a relic from when Troopers originally used the Strun as their main weapon.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The Sobek's drum magazine has long had minor alignment issues, and may clip out of place. This is easily observed when examining the weapon in the Arsenal screen.
- If the fire button continues to be held upon reaching the end of the magazine, the number of remaining rounds is replenished. Interrupting the animation at this point (rolling, using melee, etc.) results in an instant reload.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Trooper, the Grineer unit who uses this weapon.
- Shattering Justice, a Sobek-exclusive Syndicate mod.
- Acid Shells, a Sobek-exclusive PvE mod also used by Executioner Nok.