|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The blueprint and parts were formerly a reward from the Sixth Season of Sorties; they can now be found as an Invasion reward. All components can be traded, although players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 5 to acquire the blueprint.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- High critical chance.
- Good status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy while zoomed in; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
- Innate 3 meter punch through.
- Two zoom modes:
- First zoom has 2.5x zoom distance and +25% headshot damage.
- Second zoom has 6.0x zoom distance and +50% headshot damage, making it ideal for long-range combat.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Impact and Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Tied with Rubico Prime for the second lowest status chance of all sniper rifles, after Snipetron and Rubico.
- High recoil.
- Small magazine size.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Inaccurate beyond short range when fired from the hip.
- Snipetron Vandal, compared to Snipetron:
- Higher base damage (200.0 vs. 180.0)
- Lower critical chance (28% vs. 30%)
- Higher critical multiplier (2x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher status chance (16% vs. 12%)
- Larger magazine (6 rounds vs. 4 rounds)
- Faster reload speed (2 s vs. 3.5 s)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (5 vs. 0)
- Lower disposition (1.25 vs. 1.3)
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Snipetron Vandal Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Snipetron Vandal Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Snipetron Vandal requires 3 shots to activate its shot combo counter, giving it a 1.5x damage bonus on the third shot, a 2.0x damage bonus after 9 shots, and a 2.5x damage bonus after 27 shots.
|Combo Counter Bonus Tier||Total Base Damage Multiplier||Minimum Consecutive
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While there are significantly more high-powered snipers, this (and the orignal Snipetron) is the only Puncture-based weapon in this category — which, together with it's other defining features: headshot damage zoom multiplier and relative ease-of-use, makes it a sensible choice of sniper in Grineer tilesets (especially considering the practicability of landing headshots against the Grineer compared to other factions and, particularly, bosses).
- When aiming, try to line up your shot before zooming, then zoom, adjust for error, and fire. This may take some practice getting used to, but it's much easier and faster than firing from the hip or zooming haphazardly.
- Carry a good melee or close-range sidearm to engage foes at close range, since the Snipetron Vandal is inefficient and difficult to use properly at this distance.
- Unlike the Snipetron, the Vandal variant is able to use a level 4 Magazine Warp to obtain 8 shots per magazine (25% of 6 is 1.5; any more would be wasted due to rounding up).
- With a level 4 Magazine Warp and level 3 Wildfire (equaling 25% and 20% respectively), you are able to get 9 rounds per magazine. This is because multiple mods of the same type stack additively, rather than multiplicatively.
- As a general note, ammo consumption should not be too big of an issue as long as players make full use of their abilities and melee weapons in conjunction with Snipetron Vandal.
- With maximized Split Chamber and Point Strike you have a 48.44% chance of landing one critical hit, with a 35.16% chance to land 2 critical hits and a 16.41% chance to not land a critical hit at all.
- Use the Sniper Ammo Mutation mod to greatly relieve the low total ammo and ammo drop chance for sniper rifles. Alternatively, bring Squad Ammo Restores or use Carrier's Ammo Case.
Media[edit | edit source]
Snipetron Vandal Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Snipetron, the original counterpart of this weapon.
- Lanka, a weapon that uses the model of the original Snipetron.