The Snipetron Vandal is the Vandal version of the , sporting an increase in magazine size and reload speed, but sacrifices and damages in order to boost its damage.
- High damage – effective against armor.
- High critical chance.
- Good status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy while zoomed in; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
- Innate 3 meter punch through.
- Two zoom modes:
- First zoom has 2.5x zoom distance and +30% headshot damage.
- Second zoom has 6.0x zoom distance and +50% headshot damage, making it ideal for long-range combat.
- Innate polarity.
- Low and damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Tied with for the second lowest status chance of all sniper rifles, after and .
- High recoil.
- Small magazine size.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Inaccurate beyond short range when fired from the hip.
- Snipetron Vandal (attack: Normal), compared to Snipetron (attack: Normal):
- Higher base damage (200 vs. 180)
- Higher total damage (200 vs. 180)
- Lower base critical chance (28% vs. 30%)
- Higher base critical multiplier (2x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher base status chance (16% vs. 12%)
- Higher average damage per shot (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (256 vs. 207)
- Higher burst DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (512 vs. 414)
- Higher sustained DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (307.2 vs. 150.55)
- Larger magazine (6 round(s) vs. 4 round(s))
- Faster reload time (2 s vs. 3.5 s)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (5 vs. 0)
- Lower disposition (1.25 vs. 1.3)
The blueprint and parts were formerly a reward from the Sixth Season of Sorties; they can now be found as an Invasion reward. All components can be traded, although players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 5 to acquire the blueprint.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
- The Snipetron Vandal requires 3 shots to activate its shot combo counter, giving it a 1.5x damage bonus on the third shot, a 2.0x damage bonus after 9 shots, and a 2.5x damage bonus after 27 shots.
|Combo Counter Bonus Tier||Total Base Damage Multiplier||Minimum Consecutive
- While there are significantly more high-powered snipers, this (and the orignal Snipetron) is the only -based weapon in this category—which, together with it's other defining features: headshot damage zoom multiplier and relative ease-of-use, makes it a sensible choice of sniper in Grineer tilesets (especially considering the practicability of landing headshots against the Grineer compared to other factions and, particularly, bosses).
- When aiming, try to line up your shot before zooming, then zoom, adjust for error, and fire. This may take some practice getting used to, but it's much easier and faster than firing from the hip or zooming haphazardly.
- Carry a good melee or close-range sidearm to engage foes at close range, since the Snipetron Vandal is inefficient and difficult to use properly at this distance.
- As a general note, ammo consumption should not be too big of an issue as long as players make full use of their abilities and melee weapons in conjunction with Snipetron Vandal.
- With maximized and you have a 48.44% chance of landing one critical hit, with a 35.16% chance to land 2 critical hits and a 16.41% chance to not land a critical hit at all.
- Use the mod to greatly relieve the low total ammo and ammo drop chance for sniper rifles. Alternatively, bring Squad Ammo Restores or use Carrier's .
Snipetron Vandal Skins
- , the original counterpart of this weapon.
- , a weapon that uses the model of the original Snipetron.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|