A customized version of the elusive Snipetron, with metallic finish and Lotus decal.

The Snipetron Vandal is the Vandal version of the CorpusSniperRifle.png Snipetron, sporting an increase in magazine size and reload speed, but sacrifices Impact b.svg Impact and Slash b.svg Slash damages in order to boost its Puncture b.svg Puncture damage.

This weapon can be sold for Credits64.png7,500

Manufacturing Requirements
Credits64.png
25,000
Barrel
1
Receiver
1
Stock
1
Time: 12 hrs
Rush: Platinum64.png 35
MarketIcon.png Market Price: Platinum64.png N/A Blueprint2.svg Blueprints Price:N/A

Acquisition[edit | edit source]

This weapon was awarded as a special-edition reward for killing 20 Informers in the Informant Event, complete with a free weapon slot and a pre-installed Orokin Catalyst.

The blueprint and parts were formerly a reward from the Sixth Season of Sorties; they can now be found as an Invasion reward. All components can be traded, although players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 5 to acquire the blueprint.

Characteristics[edit | edit source]

This weapon deals primarily Puncture b.svg Puncture damage.

Advantages:

  • High Puncture b.svg Puncture damage – effective against armor.
  • High critical chance.
  • Good status chance.
  • Pinpoint accuracy while zoomed in; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
  • Innate 3 meter punch through.
  • Two zoom modes:
    • First zoom has 2.5x zoom distance and +25% headshot damage.
    • Second zoom has 6.0x zoom distance and +50% headshot damage, making it ideal for long-range combat.
  • Innate Madurai Pol.svg polarity.

Disadvantages:

  • Low Impact b.svg Impact and Slash b.svg Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
  • Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
  • Tied with RubicoPrime.png Rubico Prime for the second lowest status chance of all sniper rifles, after CorpusSniperRifle.png Snipetron and FiveShotSniper.png Rubico.
  • High recoil.
  • Small magazine size.
  • Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
  • Inaccurate beyond short range when fired from the hip.

Comparisons:

Weapon Loadouts[edit source]

Notes[edit | edit source]

  • The Snipetron Vandal requires 3 shots to activate its shot combo counter, giving it a 1.5x damage bonus on the third shot, a 2.0x damage bonus after 9 shots, and a 2.5x damage bonus after 27 shots.
Combo Counter Bonus Tier Total Base Damage Multiplier Minimum Consecutive

Hits Required

1 1.5x 3
2 2.0x 9
3 2.5x 27
4 3.0x 81
5 3.5x 243
6 4.0x 729
7 4.5x 2187
8 5.0x 6561

Tips[edit | edit source]

  • While there are significantly more high-powered snipers, this (and the orignal Snipetron) is the only Puncture b.svg Puncture​-based weapon in this category — which, together with it's other defining features: headshot damage zoom multiplier and relative ease-of-use, makes it a sensible choice of sniper in Grineer tilesets (especially considering the practicability of landing headshots against the Grineer compared to other factions and, particularly, bosses). 
  • When aiming, try to line up your shot before zooming, then zoom, adjust for error, and fire. This may take some practice getting used to, but it's much easier and faster than firing from the hip or zooming haphazardly.
  • Carry a good melee or close-range sidearm to engage foes at close range, since the Snipetron Vandal is inefficient and difficult to use properly at this distance.
  • Unlike the Snipetron, the Vandal variant is able to use a level 4 Mod TT 20px.pngMagazine Warp to obtain 8 shots per magazine (25% of 6 is 1.5; any more would be wasted due to rounding up).
    • With a level 4 Magazine Warp and level 3 Mod TT 20px.pngWildfire (equaling 25% and 20% respectively), you are able to get 9 rounds per magazine. This is because multiple mods of the same type stack additively, rather than multiplicatively.
  • As a general note, ammo consumption should not be too big of an issue as long as players make full use of their abilities and melee weapons in conjunction with Snipetron Vandal.
  • With maximized Mod TT 20px.pngSplit Chamber and Mod TT 20px.pngPoint Strike you have a 48.44% chance of landing one critical hit, with a 35.16% chance to land 2 critical hits and a 16.41% chance to not land a critical hit at all.
  • Use the Mod TT 20px.pngSniper Ammo Mutation mod to greatly relieve the low total ammo and ammo drop chance for sniper rifles. Alternatively, bring Squad Ammo Restores or use Carrier's Mod TT 20px.pngAmmo Case.

Media[edit | edit source]

Snipetron Vandal Skins

Patch History[edit | edit source]

Update 22.12

  • Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 5.
  • Status chance increased 15% to 16%.
  • Critical chance increased from 25% to 28%.

Hotfix 22.0.6

  • Reduced the headshot damage of the Snipetron series in Conclave.

Update 22.0

General Sniper Changes:

  • Reticle sway removed from all zoom levels!
  • 1 meter punch through added to all snipers without any to start with (snipers with innate punch through unchanged).
  • 1 combo count removed at a time when duration runs out instead of all of them (decay vs. cooldown).
  • 1 combo count removed on miss instead of all of them
  • Additional bullets from multishot will each count as their own hits and misses in the combo counter
  • Combo duration reduced to 2 seconds for all snipers apart from Lanka which is reduced to 6
  • Damage fall off begins at 400 meters and ends at 600 meters with damage reduced to 50% past 600 meters.

Specific Sniper Weapon Changes: Snipetron Vandal

  • Fire rate increased from 1.5 to 2
  • The Snipetron Vandal has received the PBR Treatment.
  • Wraith and Vandal weapons can now be colored.
  • First level zoom +10% Damage replaced with +30% Head Shot Damage
  • Second level zoom 15% Damage replaced with +50% Head Shot Damage

Update 18.8

  • Snipetron Vandal Blueprint is now tradable.

Update 18.5

  • Conclave: Reduced the damage of the Snipetron Vandal.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Snipetron to skip reload animations.

Hotfix 18.0.4

  • Conclave: Reduced the damage of the Snipetron series in PvP.

Hotfix 17.6.2

  • Conclave: The Snipetron weapon series is now available in PvP.

Update 14.2

  • Added 3 puncture depth.
  • Increased damage from 125 to 150.
  • Reduced reload time from 4s to 3.5s.

Update 13.5

  • Fixed issue with Shock Camo skin not working on Snipetron Vandal.

Hotfix 9.6.1

  • Updated reload sound effects for Snipetron Vandal.

Update 9.3

  • Updated fire sounds for Snipetron Vandal.

Update 9.0

  • Revisions to Snipetron Vandal sounds.

Hotfix 8.3.3

  • Updated Snipetron Vandal sound FX.

Hotfix 8.3.2

  • Introduced.

See also[edit | edit source]

  • CorpusSniperRifle.png Snipetron, the original counterpart of this weapon.
  • CorpusSniperRifle.png Lanka, a weapon that uses the model of the original Snipetron.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.