Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Puncture damage.
- High Puncture damage – effective against armor.
- Tied with Rubico and Vectis Prime for the second highest critical chance of all sniper rifles, behind Rubico Prime.
- Pinpoint accuracy while zoomed in; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
- Innate 2.5 meter punch through.
- Two zoom modes:
- First zoom has 2.5x zoom distance and +25% headshot damage.
- Second zoom has 6.0x zoom distance and +50% headshot damage.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Impact and Slash damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Lowest critical multiplier of all sniper rifles.
- Tied with Rubico for the lowest status chance of all sniper rifles.
- Small magazine size.
- Very slow reload speed.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Inaccurate beyond short range when fired from the hip.
- Snipetron, compared to Snipetron Vandal:
- Lower base damage (180.0 vs. 200.0)
- Higher critical chance (30% vs. 28%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2x)
- Lower status chance (12% vs. 16%)
- Smaller magazine (4 rounds vs. 6 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (3.5 s vs. 2 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (0 vs. 5)
- Higher disposition (1.3 vs. 1.25)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Players were able to obtain a Snipetron Vandal and a Blueprint for the normal Snipetron through the Informant Event after killing 20 Informers. The developers admitted that this was an apology for the Snipetron's sudden removal. Following the event, any piece of content to be removed from the market is now given a week's advance notice.
The Snipetron blueprint was added as a reward for the Project Undermine Tactical Alert from the 2nd of October 2015 to the 5th of October 2015.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using Wildfire and Magazine Warp on their own will give you one bullet each, while using both at the same time will give you two extra bullets.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Use your melee or your sidearm for close-quarters combat.
- As a general note, ammo consumption should not be too big of an issue as long as players make full use of their abilities and melee weapons in conjunction with Snipetron.
- Use the Sniper Ammo Mutation mod to greatly relieve the low total ammo and ammo drop chance for sniper rifles.
- Like all sniper rifles, the Snipetron works well with Warframes with mobility-boosting abilities such as Zephyr or Nova.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As this was the first true sniper rifle in the game, Grineer Ballista were equipped with this weapon before the Vulkar was introduced.
- The Snipetron shares an identical appearance with the Lanka, which effectively replaced it as the Corpus sniper rifle.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Snipetron Vandal, the Vandalized counterpart of this sniper.
- Lanka, the successor of Snipetron, which is available in the Energy lab.