The Snipetron is a Corpus built sniper rifle. Its high focus on damage makes it an ideal weapon for use against armored targets.
- High damage – effective against armor.
- Tied with and for the second highest critical chance of all sniper rifles, behind .
- Pinpoint accuracy while zoomed in; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
- Innate 2.5 meter punch through.
- Two zoom modes:
- First zoom has 2.5x zoom distance and +25% headshot damage.
- Second zoom has 6.0x zoom distance and +50% headshot damage.
- Innate polarity.
- Low and damage – less effective against shields and health.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Lowest critical multiplier of all sniper rifles.
- Tied with for the lowest status chance of all sniper rifles.
- Small magazine size.
- Very slow reload speed.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Inaccurate beyond short range when fired from the hip.
- Snipetron (2.5x Zoom), compared to Snipetron Vandal (2.5x Zoom):
- Lower base damage per projectile (180 vs. 200)
- Lower total damage (180 vs. 200)
- Higher base critical chance (30% vs. 28%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2x)
- Lower base status chance (12% vs. 16%)
- Lower average damage per shot (207 vs. 256)
- Lower burst DPS (414 vs. 512)
- Lower sustained DPS (150.55 vs. 307.2)
- Smaller magazine (4 round(s) vs. 6 round(s))
- Slower reload time (3.5 s vs. 2 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (0 vs. 5)
- Higher disposition (1.3 vs. 1.25)
Originally available from the Market, it was retired from it in Update 8.0 (2013-05-23) due to lore issues where the Corpus do not utilize weapons that fire bullets, but rely on energy weapons or railgun technology.
Players were able to obtain a and a Blueprint for the normal Snipetron through the Informant Event after killing 20 Informers. The developers admitted that this was an apology for the Snipetron's sudden removal. Following the event, any piece of content to be removed from the market is now given a week's advance notice.
The Snipetron blueprint was added as a reward for the Project Undermine Tactical Alert from the 2nd of October 2015 to the 5th of October 2015.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
- Using and on their own will give you one bullet each, while using both at the same time will give you two extra bullets.
- Use your melee or your sidearm for close-quarters combat.
- As a general note, ammo consumption should not be too big of an issue as long as players make full use of their abilities and melee weapons in conjunction with Snipetron.
- Use the mod to greatly relieve the low total ammo and ammo drop chance for sniper rifles.
- Alternatively, bring Squad Ammo Restore or use Carrier's .
- Like all sniper rifles, the Snipetron works well with Warframes with mobility-boosting abilities such as or .
- As this was the first true sniper rifle in the game, Grineer Ballista were equipped with this weapon before the was introduced.
- The Snipetron shares an identical appearance with the , which effectively replaced it as the Corpus sniper rifle.
- , the Vandalized counterpart of this sniper.
- , the successor of Snipetron, which is available in the Energy lab.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|