Sniper Crewmen are special Crewmen that carry Lanka sniper rifles and wear bright yellow suits. They are stronger and less common than normal crewmen and usually accompany a group of normal Crewmen into battle, providing ranged fire support. As of Update 20.0, Sniper Crewmen gained the ability to deploy Ratel to attack players.
- Sniper Crewmen are normally treated as if they're holding Dera rifles, as their tactics, more or less, are similar to those of the Grineer.
- Although, they retain some distance from their targets, making them harder to kill.
- Their Lanka sniper rifles are far more lethal than the Dera rifles used by other crewmen. While they are less lethal than a player-operated Lanka, it is still crucial to avoid their shots.
- Although they use Lankas, they seem incompetent to use them as they never lead their targets. If one wishes not to be hit, one simply need to keep moving.
- Main article: Ratel
Ratels are small drones spawned by Sniper Crewmen from electrical spawn pads. They're small yellow quadrupeds with dark grey blades for feet, capped off by a bright yellow edge. They attack by chasing the player and firing a small electrical beam and will pursue if the player leaves their attack range.
- They seem to appear more often in invasions.
- The Sergeant, a Corpus boss character, has a slight resemblance to Sniper Crewmen, likely to be a higher-ranking Corpus sniper unit given by rank, custom suit and more versatile and powerful equipment.
- As of Update 12.0, their suit is now yellow instead of the tan coloring.
|Vapos Sniper Crewman||General||Miscellaneous|
| ||Introduced||Update 25.0|
|Tileset||Corpus Gas City||Codex Scans||5|
|Weapon||Lanka / Prova||Other Drops||None|
|Statistics||Mod Drops||Assault Mode 2.28%|
Incendiary Coat 0.33%
50 Endo 0.33%
Combustion Beam 0.01%
Stalking Fan 0.01%
80 Endo 0.01%
|+ ++ ++ - -|