“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Skirmish is the standard Empyrean mission in Proxima nodes, requiring players to destroy a limited number of fighters and Crewships in the area, with an occasional third objective to take out an orbital installation like a hangar. Counters will be displayed below the minimap showing the number of enemies remaining.
Once players enter the area of operations, Cephalon Cy will task players to destroy at least 30 fighters and 2 Gokstad Crewships, with these numbers multiplying at higher difficulty levels. Fighters are easily destroyed with the Railjack's armaments, but crewships will require players to breach them to destroy their reactors or, Gunnery level permitting, utilize the Tunguska Cannon to demolish them. Once the mission's quota is met, enemies of that type will stop spawning.
Unlike most mission types, Skirmish missions have two level ranges; one for the fighters and one for ground troops (such as the Crewships' passengers or the Ramsleds' boarding parties). Beginning around fighter level 20-25, Cy will task players to disable a spaceborne Grineer outpost, adding additional difficulty to the mission and requiring an Away Team to infiltrate the outpost and coordinate attacks with the Railjack crew. The list of potential outposts, and any alterations to mission difficulty, is below;
- Asteroid Hangar - The base itself adds no difficulty, but players will have to board an unmanned prototype Crewship docked inside to complete the objective.
- Asteroid Base/Galleon Commander - Either a Grineer Galleon or an Asteroid Base is stationed in the sector, and the Away Team is assigned to kill the Commander on board. The Galleon in particular is bristling with Cannon Batteries and missile launchers.
- Missile Platform - True to its name, the Missile Platform will fire two homing missiles at players should they fly within 2500 meters of the platform, dealing damage directly to their health. These missiles can be shot down before they make contact.
- Pulse Turbine - The generator buffs all fighters in range, giving them 50% damage reduction.
- Shipkiller Platform - Much like the Missile Platform, the Shipkiller Platform's main cannon will periodically fire at the Railjack should it fly within 2500 meters of the platform, dealing heavy damage. Players manning the Railjack will have to utilize nearby asteroids as cover or fly beneath the platform as it only has hemispherical coverage.
At fighter level 30-33, Cy will give players two Outpost objectives to complete along with the fighter/Crewship quotas. Regardless of difficulty, once all objectives have been completed any remaining forces will retreat, allowing players to locate the spoils of war or gather resources from the wreckage.
|Lith C4 Relic||7.75%|
|Lith C6 Relic||7.75%|
|Lith D1 Relic||7.75%|
|Lith S8 Relic||7.75%|
|Lith W2 Relic||7.75%|
|Lith M5 Relic||7.25%|
|Lavan Engines Mk I||4%|
|Lavan Reactor Mk I||4%|
|Lavan Shield Array Mk I||4%|
|Vidar Engines Mk I||4%|
|Vidar Reactor Mk I||4%|
|Vidar Shield Array Mk I||4%|
|Meso B4 Relic||5.5%|
|Meso C4 Relic||5.5%|
|Meso C5 Relic||5.5%|
|Meso D4 Relic||5.5%|
|Meso E4 Relic||5.5%|
|Meso N9 Relic||5.5%|
|Meso R3 Relic||5.5%|
|2 Riven Sliver||5%|
|Lavan Engines Mk II||4%|
|Lavan Reactor Mk II||4%|
|Lavan Shield Array Mk II||4%|
|Vidar Engines Mk II||4%|
|Vidar Reactor Mk II||4%|
|Vidar Shield Array Mk II||4%|
|Neo A3 Relic||5.5%|
|Neo I2 Relic||5.5%|
|Neo M3 Relic||5.5%|
|Neo P1 Relic||5.5%|
|Neo T2 Relic||5.5%|
|Neo Z5 Relic||5.5%|
|Neo R4 Relic||5.25%|
|3 Riven Sliver||5%|
|Lavan Engines Mk III||4%|
|Lavan Reactor Mk III||4%|
|Lavan Shield Array Mk III||4%|
|Vidar Engines Mk III||4%|
|Vidar Reactor Mk III||4%|
|Vidar Shield Array Mk III||4%|
|Rush Repair Drone||0.25%|
|First Cache||Second Cache||Third Cache|
|Spectra Vandal Barrel||8.6%||Spectra Vandal Barrel||8.6%||Spectra Vandal Barrel||8.6%|
|Spectra Vandal Blueprint||8.6%||Spectra Vandal Blueprint||8.6%||Spectra Vandal Blueprint||8.6%|
|Spectra Vandal Chassis||8.6%||Spectra Vandal Chassis||8.6%||Spectra Vandal Chassis||8.6%|
|Spectra Vandal Handle||8.6%||Spectra Vandal Handle||8.6%||Spectra Vandal Handle||8.6%|
|50 Dirac||8.6%||50 Dirac||8.6%||50 Dirac||8.6%|
|100 Dirac||8.6%||100 Dirac||8.6%||100 Dirac||8.6%|
|150 Dirac||8.6%||150 Dirac||8.6%||150 Dirac||8.6%|
|3 Fresnels||8.6%||3 Fresnels||8.6%||3 Fresnels||8.6%|
|4 Kesslers||8.6%||4 Kesslers||8.6%||4 Kesslers||8.6%|
|100 Dirac||7.52%||100 Dirac||7.52%||100 Dirac||7.52%|
|200 Dirac||7.52%||200 Dirac||7.52%||200 Dirac||7.52%|
|300 Dirac||7.52%||300 Dirac||7.52%||300 Dirac||7.52%|
- All drops are distributed to the entire Squad, thus reducing the difficulty in gathering them.
- Destroying the prototype Crewship in the Asteroid Hangar will count towards the Crewship quota.
- Grineer Outposts will periodically launch Ramsleds at the Railjack, even after all objectives have been completed.
- Missiles launched from outposts last for 15 seconds regardless of difficulty level or outpost type.
- Amesha is considered the most effective Archwing for the following reasons:
- Cyngas is strongly effective due to its high status chance.
- Because of their high durability and inability to be destroyed by archguns and turrets (especially the pilot's), their highly damaging missile launchers that can down Archwings with ease, and their ability to deploy Ramsleds and (in the case of the Exo variant) healing bubbles, eliminating Gokstad Crewships should be an immediate priority for Tenno crew.
- Though Crewships have less maneuverability and accuracy compared to the Railjack, it would be beneficial to commandeer one as they possess strong armor and powerful weaponry, drawing fire away from the Railjack. However, this is largely avoided in serious gameplay as it slows down progress towards objectives.
- Both pilot and side turrets lists how much Ordnance and Flux Energy the Railjack has available. This is useful for Tenno crew for tracking and using the Resource Forge when needed.
- Resource Forge refinement should only be done once all objectives are completed, and once all resources have been mostly replenished.
- If able, Tenno crew should handle each objective individually, namely Crewships and Points of Interest, to speed up the mission. This is especially useful for the Sentient Anomaly, due to its limited appearance.
|PvE||Standard||Assassination • Capture • Exterminate • Hijack • Mobile Defense • Rescue • Sabotage (Deception, Hive, Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy|
|Standard Endless||Defection • Disruption • Defense • Excavation • Interception • Survival|
|Archwing||Exterminate • Interception • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Rush|
|Unique||Arena (The Index, Rathuum) • Assault • Infested Salvage • Junction • Recovery • Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Free Roam||Bounty • Heist|
|Arena||Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro|
|Arbitrations • Crossfire • Dark Sectors • Hazards • Invasion • Nightmare Mode • Nightwave • Sortie • Tile Sets • Void Fissure|