This weapon cannot be sold.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- High damage – effective against health.
- High critical chance.
- Above average critical multiplier.
- Highest status chance and attack speed of all nikanas.
- Finishers temporarily turn the user invisible for 5 seconds.
- Two innate polarities.
- Second lowest base damage of all nikanas, after .
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
This weapon, along with , is given during the penultimate mission of The Sacrifice at max rank, complete with a free weapon slot, a pre-installed Orokin Catalyst, and the mods and fused to rank 5. A second Skiajati will not be given after replaying the quest.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All the Mastery Rank points that would normally be granted from ranking up the weapon will be automatically received upon acquiring it.
- Despite its mastery rank of 11, players of lower ranks can acquire and use this weapon.
- Finisher attacks with this weapon turn the user invisible for 5 seconds. Attacking or using an ability will break the invisibility, similar to the cloak provided by Shade and its precept.
- The invisibility period is not affected by mods.
- Performing a finisher while under the invisibility effect of the Skiajati will refresh the cloak's duration.
- Invisibility is not affected by Nullifier bubbles.
- 's does not activate the invisibility effect.
- The cloth piece is a fixed part of the sheath and not a removable cosmetic.
- Due to the special ability of this weapon, stances with finishers in them would be useful in proccing the effect. However, there are no Nikana stances containing finishers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Σκιά (Skia) is Greek for shadow, while जाति (Jati) is Sanskrit for birth.
- This can either tie into the sword's relationship with Excalibur Umbra, with Umbra being Latin for shadow or to the weapon's passive ability to cloak its user.
- An alternative, simpler, interpretation uses यजति (Yajati), Sanskrit for sacrifice, reflecting the name and theme of the quest. This way, however, the origin of the sk- radical is left unclear.
- The स्क character of Devanagari makes the sk- sound, making स्कयजति a phonetical approximation of the weapon's name.
- The word सखि (Sakhi) is Sanskrit for friend.
- The weapon utilizes a similar model to the shikomizue or jotō katana, best described as a swordstick or staff sword.
- According to its Codex entry, the Skiajati is a normal Nikana "grafted" from Umbra's flesh.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|