This weapon cannot be sold.
This weapon, along with Excalibur Umbra, is given during the penultimate mission of The Sacrifice at max rank, complete with a free weapon slot, a pre-installed Orokin Catalyst, and the mods Sacrificial Steel and Sacrificial Pressure fused to rank 5. A second Skiajati will not be given after replaying the quest.
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- High critical chance.
- Above average critical multiplier.
- Highest status chance and attack speed of all nikanas.
- Finishers temporarily turn the user invisible for 5 seconds.
- Innate two polarities.
- See Category:Skiajati Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Skiajati Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- All the mastery rank points that would normally be granted from ranking up the weapon will be automatically received upon acquiring it.
- Despite its mastery rank of 11, players of lower ranks can acquire and use this weapon.
- Finisher attacks with this weapon turn the user invisible for 5 seconds. Attacking or using an ability will break the invisibility, similar to the cloak provided by Shade and its Ghost precept.
- The cloth piece is a fixed part of the sheath and not a removable cosmetic.
- Due to the special ability of this weapon, stances with finishers in them can be useful in proccing the effect. One such as Tranquil Cleave.
- Σκιά (Skia) is Greek for shadow, while जाति (Jati) is Sanskrit for birth.
- This can either tie in to the sword's relationship with Excalibur Umbra, with Umbra being Latin for shadow, or to the weapon's passive ability to cloak its user.
- An alternative, simpler, interpretation uses यजति (Yajati), sanskrit for sacrifice, reflecting the name and theme of the quest. This way, however, the origin of the sk- radical is left unclear.
- The स्क character of Devaganari makes the sk- sound, making स्कयजति a phonetical approximation of the weapon's name.
- The word सखि (Sakhi) is Sanskrit for friend.
- The weapon utilizes a similar model to the shikomizue or jotō katana, best described as a swordstick or staff sword.
- According to its Codex entry, the Skiajati is a normal Nikana "grafted" from Umbra's flesh.
Last updated: Update 26.0
- Excalibur Umbra, the signature user of this weapon.
- The Sacrifice, the quest which grants this weapon.