“It's taking longer than I calculated.”This page is actively being worked on and may not be completely correct. Please assist in making this page accurate.
Update 27.4 buffs and changes
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 210||Blueprints Price:75,000|
- The Simulor's blueprint can be acquired from Cephalon Simaris for 75,000.
This weapon deals Magnetic damage.
- Innate Magnetic damage – effective against Shielded and Proto Shields.
- Orbs can be manually detonated to inflict an area of effect with a guaranteed Electricity proc, dealing 100 Magnetic damage at base and 400?Confirmation needed Magnetic at a full stack.
- Decent critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Can use the Terminal Velocity mod.
- Can benefit from Firestorm, Amalgam Furax Body Count, and Cautious Shot.
- Innate and polarities.
- Innate Magnetic – less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Very slow reload speed.
- Relatively short firing range.
- Direct impacts with the orbs with enemies do not deal any damage, they must be combined at least once to deal any damage.
- Explosion inflicts self-stagger.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 40% from central impact.
- Extremely ammo inefficient; requires just 6 reloads to fully deplete all ammo reserves.
- Simulor, compared to Synoid Simulor:
- Lower base damage (50.0 vs. 80.0)
- Lower area attack damage (100.0 vs. 240.0)
- Lower fire rate (3 rounds/sec vs. 3.33 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (8 rounds vs. 16 rounds)
- Smaller max ammo capacity (72 rounds vs. 96 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (3 s vs. 2 s)
- Lack of an innate Entropy effect
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (5 vs. 12)
- Higher disposition (1.2 vs. 1.15)
- The Simulor fires small orbs of energy that will harmlessly bounce off enemies, allies, and environmental objects before floating to a stop mid-air. These floating orbs can be fired at each other, causing them to merge into a single larger orb. Each orb has a short pull radius that will attract any passing orbs to facilitate growth.
- The act of merging orbs will cause them to explosively deal damage with a guaranteed Magnetic status.
- Each added stack will also increase the orb's pull radius, allowing the larger orbs to pull other orbs from farther away.
- Stacking will increase the damage dealt by the recipient orb, both when merging with another orb and when manually detonated. The minimum base damage starts at 50 on the first stack, and maxes out at 150?Confirmation needed after 4 stacks.
- Without obstructions, the orbs will travel a distance of 12 meters before floating.
- Max number of active vortexes is 3.
- When the maximum number of active vortexes is reached, Simulor will default to single-shot orbs with reduced lifetime.
- Energy orb travel distance is affected by abilities that influence projectile flight speed, such as Zephyr's Jet Stream augment. Faster projectile flight speed will result in a longer travel distance before stopping.
- Stacking 3 orbs together will create a gravitational singularity that will deal damage-over-time to enemies that pass through it, with no chance to inflict status effects. The singularity will also pull any pickups and corpses toward it.
- The singularity will block any enemy fire that crosses through its center. However, this has no effect on its damage or duration.
- Pressing the secondary fire button (default Electricity status to enemies in range. Any orbs that expire will also explode in a similar fashion.
) will detonate any active orbs, causing them to explode and inflict a guaranteed
- The Electricity status is unaffected by any other elements added to the weapon.
- Each orb will float in mid-air for 20 seconds. Stacking orbs will reset the timer on the recipient orb, thus an orb or singularity can be kept active as long as orbs are fed into them. Orbs will only disappear if their timer expires, or if they are manually detonated using secondary fire.
- Split Chamber will create duplicate orbs, however, due to the Simulor's perfect accuracy the second orb will be merged with the original orb.
- Punch Through mods will make the orbs penetrate through enemies and objects within their listed depth. If the object is thicker than the punch through's depth, the orbs will simply bounce off the object on contact.
- Oddly, the Simulor's projectiles will detonate on impact with an Infested Tumor, Spore Culture, or Grineer Blunt.
- Increasing projectile travel distance using Jet Stream can be used to shoot orbs further out, allowing singularities to be set up at longer distances. This may be counterproductive however, as it causes singularities to become increasingly less controllable, potentially overshooting their intended targets or bouncing out of reach. Depending on how the Simulor is intended to be used, consider using Overextended to adjust Jet Stream's projectile flight speed bonus to a manageable level.
- Combining projectiles have a larger blast radius (~5m vs ~7m) and deal significantly more damage (~60 vs ~170) than detonating orbs, making orb combination a primary source of damage.
- Detonating orbs manually can be used for crowd control, as their guaranteed Electricity status can stun enemies even if they don't deal enough damage to kill them.
- When used in tandem with Hall Of Mirrors, projectiles fired by holograms can combine with each other and the original projectile from Mirage. When the ability is fully ranked, three projectiles are fired at once and, provided that they do not bounce off of obstacles, they will often immediately combine to form a singularity and deal the merge damage several times.
- Attempting to create a second singularity this way usually results in the destruction of the first.
- Any projectiles that were fired by a hologram will explode when the hologram expires.
- Orbs will immediately explode when impacting the following surfaces, allowing instant high damage to enemies:
- The Simulor is the first Syndicate weapon to be sold from its affiliated Syndicate with a blueprint, not the weapon itself. Second being Heliocor.
- It is the first primary Syndicate weapon to be released.
- It is also the first weapon to be released for Cephalon Simaris.
- It is also the only Syndicate weapon that may be purchased from the Market for Platinum.
- It is also the first Syndicate weapon to be improved by another Syndicate, resulting in the Synoid Simulor.
- Being a weapon created by Cephalons, the Simulor has a similar design aesthetic to the Gammacor, with both being research devices that also double as weapons.
- The Simulor cannot damage the player using it, making it a great close range explosive weapon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.