The Silva & Aegis is a Heat-based sword and shield combo weapon introduced in Update 14.0, and is the first fan-designed weapon from DE's Community Melee Weapons contest to be added in-game. The weapon receives bonus critical and status chance when blocking enemy hits.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 150||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
This weapon deals Heat damage.
- Innate Heat damage – effective against Cloned Flesh, Infested and Infested Flesh.
- High status chance.
- Blocking attacks stores a charge that increases critical chance and status chance additively by 15% to the next attack. Up to 4 charges can be stacked before being consumed.
- Shield bashes have a guaranteed Impact proc.
- Can use the Silva & Aegis-exclusive Avenging Truth mod.
- Lowest damage of all sword and shields.
- Lowest critical chance of all sword and shields.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Silva & Aegis, compared to Silva & Aegis Prime:
- See Category:Silva & Aegis Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Silva & Aegis Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- When adding elemental mods for combination, this weapon's Heat element is added last.
- The Slam Radial Damage always deals Heat damage, even if the innate Heat has been combined into a different element.
- Due to this, Slam Radial Damage always has a 20% chance to inflict the Heat status effect. This chance is unaffected by status chance mods.
- It is highly recommended to set Corrosive and Blast damage on this weapon as this combination is very effective against all factions, besides Corpus due to their Proto Shields, and gives the player immense control over higher level enemies due to the weapon's high status chance.
- The weapon, like all Sword and Shields, features a very high blocking ability, allowing the player to shield themselves from enemy attacks more efficiently than most other melee weapons.
- Using the Silva & Aegis with Final Harbinger and Weeping Wounds allows players to quickly gather hits for the Combo Counter, rapidly boosting the Silva & Aegis's already high status chance.
- (Corrupted) Bombard rockets can add up to two stacks, allowing players to collect stacks faster.
- The Pyra Syandana uses Aegis's geometry and textures, albeit moved around and scaled differently.
- The shield sticks onto the Tenno's arm regardless of equipped status, and when unequipped, the sword is inserted into a sheath behind the Aegis.
- Because the blade of the Silva itself is made from an additive material, elemental visual effects such as Gas and Heat (which are additive particles) are not as visible.
- When equipped by a Specter, the shield will always be active regardless of their equipped weapon.
- Upon its release, the Silva and Aegis featured the same amount of stamina consumption as all melee weapons, which spawned negative feedback regarding the shield's usefulness. The weapon has since received a stealth-buff that gave it significantly decreased stamina consumption on blocking. Upon the release of Update 17.0, it no longer requires stamina and instead has a very high damage reduction.
- This is the first:
- Sword and Shield class melee weapon introduced into the game.
- Weapon to be created from the three Community Melee Weapon Contest Winners.
- Melee weapon in the game to deal pure Heat damage as its primary damage type.
- On jump attacks, the Silva will emit a ring of flames identical to that created by the Heat Sword, Heat Dagger and Dual Heat Swords. Unlike said weapons however, this effect on the Silva is cosmetic only.
- Silva & Aegis shield will remain spread out if you utilize Excalibur's Exalted blade while using the melee weapon. The shield will retract if you use Radial Javelin or Radial blind, however the slide radial blind will not retract the shield.
- Aegis is presumably named after the Aegis, an artefact (commonly depicted as a shield) used by the Greek goddess Athena, with a carving of a gorgon's head on the front.
- Silva is likely a reference to player Silverbones, the designer of this weapon.
- Due to how thin its shield is the Silva & Aegis will often clip into the arms of the Warframe wielding it. This is purely visual and has no effect on gameplay.
Silva & Aegis Skins
- Silva & Aegis Prime, the Prime variant of this weapon.