Using Silence surrounds Banshee in an aura that stuns enemies and will limit their perceptions and tactical response to gunfire and Warframe attacks.
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 30 s|
|Range:10 / 13 / 15 / 20 m|
|Misc:2 s (stun duration)|
Enemy abilities disabled
|Subsumable to Helminth|
- Banshee emits a sound dampening aura within 10 / 13 / 15 / 20 meters around her for 10 / 15 / 20 / 30 seconds. Enemies entering the aura will initially experience a sonic disturbance becoming momentarily stunned for 2 seconds; affected enemies remain deafened to sounds which alert them to the direction of nearby combat, as well as become unable to perform special abilities while within Silence's influence.
- Aura radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Casting speed is affected by and .
- Stun duration is not affected by mods.
- Unaware enemies will not become alerted when affected by the aura and will resume normal behavior after recovering from the stun.
- Enemies exiting then reentering the aura can repeatedly experience the stun again.
- Silence will also deafen the caster, muffling all gunfire from friend, foe, and self alike.
- Some enemy special abilities such as Heavy Gunner ground slam, Shockwave MOA stomp, and grenade toss are disabled from use entirely.
- Enemies under the effect of the aura will not respond to sounds such as gunfire, alarms and death screams, and generally become unable to detect players and other enemies by means other than sight or touch.
- Unaware enemies will still become alerted when sighting players or taking damage.
- Taking damage will not inform enemies to the location of the attacking player, but they are still likely to investigate in the direction the attack came from.
- Enemies that are alert before entering Silence's aura will remain alerted, but may still lose track of players if line of sight is broken.
- After a brief delay, enemies that do not have line of sight with a player will become susceptible to Stealth Damage Multipliers from melee attacks as long as line of sight remains broken and the player does not come into direct physical contact with the enemy.
- The ability does not change a weapon's Noise Level from "Alarming" to "Silent".
- Disables enemies from using most special abilities which are neither a ranged nor melee attack; passive abilities are not disabled.
- Disabled by Silence:
- Actively cast buffs & debuffs (Grineer Regulators, Corpus Scrambus Auras, etc)
- Actively cast shields & attacks (all Eximus special abilities, thrown grenades, ground slams from Grineer, all Ambulas abilities except main gun, etc.)
- Movement abilities (Osprey's charge, Charger's charge, Leaper's leap, Flameblade's teleport, etc)
- Hook/pull attacks (Scorpion's hook, Ancient's hook, etc)
- Summoning/spawning (Drahk Master, Fusion MOA, Brood Mother, Juno Tech, etc) - note that some units such as Drahk Master immediately summon after spawning. This cannot be prevented unless they are within range of you when they spawn, but it will prevent any further summoning.)
- Acolyte abilities.
- Immune to Silence:
- Ranged/melee attacks even if unique (Osprey grenade launchers, Swarm Mutalist MOA's gun, Bombard homing rockets, Electric Crawler melee, etc)
- Intrinsic damage reduction: (Ex: Nox armor, Sentient damage adaptation, etc)
- Passive auras (Shield Osprey emitter, Ancient Healer's aura, slowing/burning/energy drain emitted by Eximus units, Arbitration Shield Drone aura, etc)
- On-death abilities (Volatile Runner's suicide, Toxic Crawler's death cloud, Boiler's infested pod, Undying Flyer's rebirth, etc)
- Nullifier fields (Nullifier Crewman, Isolator Bursa nullifier sphere)
- Special Grineer Interactions:
- Special Infested Interactions:
- Special Corpus Interactions:
- Remech Osprey cannot revive disabled Ambulas and can be stopped mid-cast by Silence.
- Osprey units cannot charge & self-destruct when low on health.
- Isolator Bursa can unpredictably make itself immune to Silence due to its nullifier sphere ability.
- All Scrambus units can be silenced INCLUDING the Fog Scrambus which should disable Silence, but ironically becomes unable to because it is silenced.
- Special Sentient Interactions:
- All attacks which aren't their standard ranged weaponry are disabled, including the spinning laser attack which can be disabled while already in progress.
- If a silenced sentient is also disarmed then it will do NOTHING because it has no programmed melee attack. It will simply hover in place or move around helplessly.
- Other Interactions:
- All abilities of enemies in The Index are disabled (Armis Ulta just shoots, Auditor just shoots, etc.)
- All abilities of enemy specters are disabled (Junction Specter, Knave Specter, etc) and they can only shoot or melee.
- All abilities of enemy Necramech units are disabled and they can only shoot or melee.
- The following units are immune to Silence: The Stalker, Grineer Manic, Kuva Guardian (when immune to Warframe damage), Vomvalyst (when incorporeal), Nullifier Crewman, Isolator Bursa (when nullifier sphere is active).
- Disabled by Silence:
- Affected enemies will glow with Banshee's energy color.
- Has a cast delay of about 0.4 seconds.
- Cannot be recast while active.
- Subsuming Banshee to the Helminth will offer Silence and its augments to be used by other Warframes.
- Main article: Savage Silence
Savage Silence is a Warframe Augment Mod for 's that multiplies the damage of standing finisher attacks on affected enemies.
- Silence can be used as a form of crowd control due to the momentary stun dealt to enemies entering its field. This is most useful for Banshees engaging in melee combat, as they can stun ranged enemies simply by approaching them, giving them time to close the distance and engage.
- Silence can also be used to keep Infested enemies at bay, giving more time to attack them from range.
- With a maximized range build, Silence can be used to clear a room of enemies using firearms without alerting enemies in adjacent rooms. Keep in mind however, that enemies will still react if they see you, or if they see one of their own killed.
- Despite the excellent utility provided, Silence can also render Banshee deaf, preventing her from anticipating nearby enemies or enemies from behind while attacking enemies.
- Too much range may reduce the potency of this ability as a crowd control tool, as enemies are only stunned when they initially enter the aura and may be out of attack range (behind walls, etc.), allowing them to recover.
- Enemies are more likely to target the player's Sentinel when Silence is active, which can prove to be harmful for weaker Sentinels.
- Blinded enemies under the effect of Silence will not react to most things aside from direct contact and wander around aimlessly.
- Staying on the move and frequently breaking line of sight with affected enemies can result in taking much fewer hits as they cannot use the sound of gunfire to find players or other enemies that are in combat.
- At times, Silence can be cast yet be unable to affect enemies, indicated by the lack of an energy glow on them. The sound reduction for the player and energy ripples on Banshee will remain until mission ends, however.
- The skill can most likely not be recast while this bug is in active.
- Silence ability block can sometimes prevent triggers coded as abilities that activate after certain animations and scripts, including Lieutenant_Lech_Kril from becomming vulnerable after using his hammer slam by preventing the backpack coolant freeze, Raptors power cell explosion if the Osprey was silenced from spawn to death and pipe within range and General Sargas Ruk opening his heatskin during Eruption in phase 2.