The Sigma & Octantis is a sword and shield combo, available through the Daily Tribute system. This weapon features a special throw attack, which throws the shield at an enemy, staggering them and opening them to finisher attacks for a brief period.
This weapon primarily deals Slash damage.
- Second highest damage of all sword & shields, behind Silva & Aegis Prime.
- Highest critical chance of all sword & shields.
- Above average critical multiplier.
- Good status chance.
- Highest attack speed of all sword & shields.
- Aerial attacks throw the shield, staggering enemies hit and opening them up to finishers.
- Sigma & Ocantis is exclusive to the Daily Tribute system. It will become available every 200 days, beginning at day 300, until chosen as the Milestone reward.
- The throw attack is done by simply tapping the melee button while in mid-air; holding down the button is not necessary, which makes it very fluid.
- The shield is thrown ~25-30 metres away, which is not affected by range mods.
- Throw attacks can be done both while the weapon is fully equipped or with a quick melee attack.
- The thrown shield has a slight homing effect, similar to thrown Glaives, though it is still capable of missing.
- The throw attack can be done in any direction (dictated by your aim), and therefore the usual downward melee slam attack is done by looking straight down.
- Throw attack's finisher window can be overwritten by almost all other animations or stuns (such as a Heavy Gunner's ground slam animation, or elemental proc stuns like Electric or Impact).
- Equipping Final Harbinger, Blood Rush and Gladiator Mods allows users to quickly boost the Sigma & Octantis's critical chance.
- The throw attack's stun can sometimes stagger enemies out of range of melee attacks, making it difficult to perform the finisher before the stagger wears off.
- Throw attack seems to home in on the closest enemy rather than the enemy being aimed at, making precise targeting difficult.
- Sigma & Octantis likely refers to the southern star σ Octantis (Sigma Octantis) whose position near the southern celestial pole makes it the southern hemisphere's pole star.