The Sigma & Octantis is a sword and shield combo, available through the Daily Tribute system. This weapon features a special shield throw attack, staggering enemies and opening them to finisher attacks for a brief period.
This weapon cannot be sold.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon primarily deals Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Highest critical chance of all sword & shields.
- Above average critical multiplier.
- Good status chance.
- Fastest attack speed of all sword & shields.
- Blocking attacks stores a charge that increases critical and status chance additively by 15% to the next attack. Up to 4 charges can be stacked before being consumed.
- Aerial attacks throw the shield, staggering enemies hit and opening them up to finishers.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Sigma & Octantis is exclusive to the Daily Tribute system. It will become available every 200 days, beginning at day 300, until chosen as the Milestone reward. It comes with a free weapon slot and pre-installed Orokin Catalyst.
Additional blueprints can be bought from Cephalon Simaris for 100,000.
|Time: 24 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:100,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The throw attack is done by simply tapping the melee button while in mid-air; holding down the button is not necessary, which makes it very fluid.
- The shield can be thrown up to 25 meters away, which is not affected by range mods. The distance is, however, affected by the shield's flight speed and thus can be modified using mods that change projectile flight speed such as Jet Stream.
- Holding the melee button will however make it easier to perform the finisher (if the melee button has been held down after performing an attack and an enemy is in a state where a finisher can be performed [unaware, staggered, or asleep] then the finisher will automatically occur when you enter within the appropriate range of the enemy).
- Pressing the Heavy Attack button will create an explosion and cause the Shield to return to the user. This explosion has a base damage of 80 Blast and a ?m radius.
- The thrown shield has a slight homing effect, similar to thrown Glaives, though it is still capable of missing.
- The throw attack can be done in any direction (dictated by your aim), and therefore the usual downward melee slam attack is done by looking straight down.
- Throw attack's finisher window can be overwritten by almost all other animations or stuns (such as a Heavy Gunner's ground slam animation, or elemental proc stuns like Electricity or Impact).
- The throw attack statistics aren't affected by combo multiplier or combo multiplier mods.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Equipping Final Harbinger, Blood Rush and Gladiator Mods allows users to quickly boost the Sigma & Octantis's critical chance.
- The throw attack's stun can sometimes stagger enemies out of range of melee attacks, making it difficult to perform the finisher before the stagger wears off.
- Throw attack seems to home in on the closest enemy rather than the enemy being aimed at, making precise targeting difficult.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sigma & Octantis likely refers to the southern star σ Octantis (Sigma Octantis) whose position near the southern celestial pole makes it the southern hemisphere's pole star.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The throw's explosion is capable of dealing self damage if the heavy attack button is pressed while in close proximity to the thrown shield.
- This is most easily done by throwing the shield against a wall a few meters away from the player.
Media[edit | edit source]
Sigma & Octantis Skins
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0