The Sicarus Prime is the Primed variant of the burst-fire pistol that sacrifices a small amount of its damage to triple and damage, and also sports higher accuracy, faster fire rate, higher critical and status chance, and a larger magazine compared to its predecessor. It was released alongside and .
- Very little recoil for a burst weapon.
- High accuracy.
- Normal Attack
- High crit chance
- Above average effective fire rate
- Punishes missed shots due to burst-fire. Third shot may miss targets without proper leading.
- Linearly less efficient - sometimes a target may only die with four bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Normal Attack
- Low reload speed
- Below average disposition
- Sicarus Prime (Normal Attack), compared to Sicarus (Normal Attack):
- Higher base damage per projectile (50 vs. 30)
- Higher total damage (50 vs. 30)
- Higher base critical chance (25.00% vs. 16.00%)
- Higher base status chance (20.00% vs. 6.00%)
- Higher average damage per tap (187.5 vs. 104.4)
- Higher burst DPS (586.25 vs. 257.17)
- Higher sustained DPS (382.65 vs. 163.12)
- Higher fire rate (9.38 vs. 7.39)
- Larger magazine (24 vs. 15)
- More accurate (25 vs. 20)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (14 vs. 3)
- Higher disposition (●●●●○ (1.20x) vs. ●●●○○ (1.10x))
| Common (V)
| Common (V)
| Rare (V)|
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
- On September 29, 2015 it was announced that the Sicarus Prime would enter the Prime Vault and be retired from the reward tables. Any preexisting components or fully-built weapons will remain as is.
- Sicarus Prime was available from December 6, 2016 to January 3, 2017 as part of the Fire and Ice Prime Vault.
- Sicarus Prime, along with , , , , , , , and Wyrm Prime were unvaulted from February 6, 2018 to April 10, 2018.
- Sicarus Prime, along with , , , , and , were unvaulted from January 29, 2019 to March 26, 2019.
- The same lineup was unvaulted from September 29, 2020 to December 15, 2020.
- Due to its high accuracy, when combined with the mod this weapon becomes powerful at long range.
- The lower damage of Sicarus Prime makes individual shots mildly less effective against shields, but the improved fire rate and magazine size still make it a superior choice to the classic Sicarus.
- The Sicarus Prime was first shown to the public in Devstream 18, where it was featured in promotional artwork of the then-upcoming .
- Said artwork also had Ember Prime wielding both the Sicarus Prime and the simultaneously, which wasn't possible in Update 11.0 (2013-11-20) or prior to it, but would be made possible (with any combination of Single Sidearm and Glaive) in Update 21.0 (2017-06-29), over 3 years after said image was first revealed.
- Compared to the normal Sicarus, the Sicarus Prime emits a high-pitched "whirr" at the end of a burst, suggesting that its projectiles are energy-based.
- Further supporting this is its reload animation, where the top part of the gun opens up and ejects a glowing capsule, and a new capsule is inserted in its place.
- When it was first released the Sicarus Prime held 20 rounds in its magazine, making its last burst only fire 2 shots. Update 15.16 (2015-02-25) would increase its magazine size to 21 rounds and Update 19.4.2 (2016-12-20) would, along with additional buffs, further increase it to 24 rounds.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|