The Sicarus is a burst-fire pistol that shoots tight 3-round bursts.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Good critical chance.
- Good accuracy.
- Innate polarity.
- Low base damage.
- Very low status chance.
- Small magazine; being a 3-round burst weapon carrying 15 bullets it only has 5 bursts per magazine.
- Linearly less efficient – sometimes a target may only die with four bullets, which requires an entire second burst to be fired.
- Sicarus, compared to Sicarus Prime:
- Lower base damage (30.0 vs. 50.0)
- Lower critical chance (16% vs. 25%)
- Lower status chance (6% vs. 20%)
- Lower fire rate (7.39 rounds/sec vs. 9.38 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (15 rounds vs. 24 rounds)
- Less accurate (20 vs. 25)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (3 vs. 14)
- Lower disposition (1.1 vs. 1.2)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
A built Sicarus can be bought from the Market for 20,000.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Sicarus excels in medium range fights.
- Precise timing is required to fire at its labeled fire rate, practice lining up shots and timing the next shot to find out the ideal speed at which to press the fire button. A faster fire rate will require slightly faster timing.
- Like the Kraken, there is a slight delay after firing where reloading will not function, and requires a double click or a pause then click for it to actually reload. This can be frustrating.
- As this is a burst fire weapon, move the mouse down after firing shots.
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Sicarus Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Sicarus Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to Update 9.0, Shield Lancers used the Sicarus instead of the Viper.
- The Sicarus' name is probably derived from sicarius, the Latin word for "assassin" or "dagger-wielder".
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Burston, the rifle counterpart of this gun.
- Sicarus Prime, the prime counterpart of the Sicarus.
- Kraken, a Grineer burst-fire pistol.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.