The Sibear is a large hammer featuring a head composed entirely of Cryotic that deals Cold damage on attacks. Performing a heavy attack increases its Status Chance considerably, making it ideal for inflicting status effects on enemies.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 165||Blueprints Price:15,000|
This weapon deals primarily Cold damage.
- Innate Cold damage – effective against Shielded, Alloy Armor, and Infested Sinew.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Good critical chance.
- Attacks have a chance to inflict an area of effect Cold proc.
- Heavy Attacks grant a +50% status chance bonus to all attacks with the Sibear for 4 seconds.
- Stance has a polarity, matches Crushing Ruin.
- Innate polarity.
- Innate Cold damage – less effective against Infested Flesh and Fossilized.
- Low Puncture damage – less effective against armor.
- Low base status chance.
- On a heavy attack, and for any following attacks made within 4 seconds of the heavy attack, 50 percentage points will be added to Sibear's modded status chance. Unmodded, this bonus will result in an 80% status chance for 4 seconds.
- The Sibear is currently the most expensive item in-game in regards to Cryotic requirements for construction, needing 30,000 Cryotic to build.
- It is also the second most expensive item for Alloy Plates, requiring 50,000.
- Slam attacks release a small ice spike from the ground.
- Sibear is most likely a corruption of Siberia, a region in Russia known for its low temperatures and bears.
- Prior to Update 26.0, the Sibear was the first melee weapon to deal pure Cold damage.
- It is also the first hammer whose components derive from another hammer to build.
- The ice spikes on the Sibear's head will temporarily grow when performing a charge attack or a jump attack from a significant height.
- Adding a combined element (that leaves the innate cold damage) may remove the shimmering cold effect on the coils, despite there being Cold damage on the weapon. This bug is inconsistent and may not appear for some people. Video Proof
Last updated: Update 26.0