Launches a shocking projectile. It stuns and deals high damage to a single target and chains damage to nearby enemies.
|Strength:75 / 100 / 125 / 200 (damage)|
|Range:7 / 10 / 12 / 15 m (chain link range)|
|Misc:2 / 3 / 4 / 5 (chain links)|
∞ (cast range)
- Volt releases an arc discharge at a specified location that can chain to enemies within 7 / 10 / 12 / 15 meters of each point of contact. The arc can chain a maximum of 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 times and inflicts 75 / 100 / 125 / 200 Electricity damage with a 100% status chance to each enemy.
- Damage is affected by Ability Strength.
- Electricity damage is effective against Machinery and Robotics but less effective against Alloy Armor.
- Electricity status effect chains 50% of Shock's base damage to surrounding enemies in a small area of effect. Shocked enemies will also be briefly stunned.
- Chain link range is affected by Ability Range.
- Shock's first point of contact can either be a surface or an enemy:
- By aiming the arc at a surface within the vicinity of nearby enemies, Shock can be used to damage enemies without directly aiming at them.
- By aiming the arc directly at an enemy, Shock will have the potential to damage and stun a maximum of 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 enemies per cast.
- Shock can only chain to enemies within the arc's line of sight (e.g., Shock will not phase through obstacles in the environment to reach enemies within range).
- Can be used while performing many actions without interrupting them, including reloading.
- Main article: Shock Trooper
- Shock stuns all affected enemies. This is especially useful against heavy units.
- Firing Shock directly at enemies may or may not be useful due to its targeting mechanics. Try instead to fire shock at the surfaces near the enemies (the ground, walls, ceiling, etc).
- Firing Shock at the wall behind a corner will chain damage to nearby enemies around said corner. This can be used to scout for enemies not in your line of sight.
- Deals 50% more damage to machinery and robotics.
Maximization is a form of specialization: mods may be blended to result in values that vary between the top-end limits listed here. Click any maximized link to learn how to build it.
- Maximized Ability Duration has no positive effects on this ability.
- Reduces chain link range to 5.1 meters.
- Maximized Ability Efficiency reduces cost to 6.25 energy.
- Has no negative effects on this ability.
- Maximized Ability Range increases chain link range to 42 meters.
- Reduces damage to 80.
- Maximized Ability Strength increases damage to 824.