The Sheev is a razor-like dagger of Grineer design that serves as a backup in the event that a Grineer is disarmed by any means. It offers high Slash damage and status, and the tip of the blade glows with charged plasma that allows Heat procs on Slam Attacks, but has the slowest attack speed of any dagger.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Third highest base damage of all single daggers, behind Karyst and Karyst Prime.
- Decent critical chance.
- Above average critical multiplier.
- Very high status chance.
- Can use the dagger-exclusive Covert Lethality mod.
- Stance slot has polarity, matching Pointed Wind and Stinging Thorn stances.
- Innate polarity.
- Low Impact and Puncture damage – less effective against shields and armor.
- Tied with Karyst Prime for the slowest attack speed of all single daggers.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Slam Radial Damage has a small chance to inflict the Heat status effect, but is unaffected by mods.
- When equipped without a Stance mod, the Sheev adds a 4th lunging stab on its normal attack combo that propels the Warframe a good distance forward, which is useful for catching up to moving enemies. It also has a 100% chance of inflicting Slash bleed proc. This effect is lost if one uses the Pointed Wind stance, which replaces the lunge with a sweeping slash.
- If the lunge lands behind an unalerted enemy, a stealth attack will be performed instead.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This weapon's high status chance make it ideal for status builds using mods like Virulent Scourge and Volcanic Edge.
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Sheev Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Sheev Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Sheev is a unique dagger originally featured as a reward in the Operation Gate Crash event and later as a buildable sortie reward. Players had to finish the Gate Crash node five times on each planet, for a total of 15 times or collect all parts from the sortie reward pool to obtain it.
- Like all event reward weapons, the Sheev came with its own weapon slot and pre-installed with an Orokin Catalyst.
- The weapon's name is likely derived from shiv, a slang term referring to improvised blade weapons, most commonly used as knives or daggers.
- Interestingly, the Sheev's blade shape is based on some combat knife designs, justifying its Codex entry's description.
- While the Sheev shares the same slam attack properties as the Heat Dagger, the former does not have the latter's circle of flame visual effect.
- The glowing "plasma" at the end of the weapon pulses. This 'plasma' appears similar to the 'plasma' at the edges of Grineer cleavers and machetes.
- Concept art for this weapon was first featured in Livestream 15.
- Although the description claims it is effective against flesh and armor, it has little Puncture damage, making the dagger a poor choice to use against armored enemies.
- Despite being acquired from Invasions, the Sheev is the only weapon that does not share a Vandal or Wraith variation, unlike the rest of the weapons that are obtained in the same way.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Heat Dagger, a very similar weapon.
- Dual Cleavers, another Grineer melee weapon with similar design.
- Machete, another Grineer melee weapon with similar design.