Lash out with stream of shattered glass, or hold for an arcing strike.
|Strength:500 / 600 / 700 / 800 ( and damage)|
|Range:5 / 6 / 8 / 10 m (range)|
|Misc:225° (sweep arc)|
0.75 m (blade radius)
- Gara thrusts her glass longsword with 5 / 6 / 8 / 10 meters range toward the aiming reticle, dealing 500 / 600 / 700 / 800 damage and knocking back all enemies within 0.75 meters radius from the blade. Holding the ability key instead sweeps the glass longsword from left to right in a 225° arc in front of , dealing 500 / 600 / 700 / 800 damage to all enemies within reach and bashing them away in a ragdoll state in the direction of the sweep.
- Shattered Lash has innate punch through, bypassing entities, walls, and obstacles in the environment.
- Shattered Lash also bypasses Gara's Mass Vitrify barrier, dealing damage from both the sword and the explosion to enemies struck.
- Shattered Lash has a 1.0x critical multiplier, 0% critical chance, and 0% status chance.
- Thrust and sweep damage are affected by Ability Strength, the Melee Combo Counter, and certain mods and arcanes:
- Base Damage × (1 + Damage Mods) × (1 + Elemental Mods) × (1 + Strength Mods)
- As an example, with a maxed , and , a rank-3 Shattered Lash will deal
800 × (1 + 1.2) × (1 + 0.9) × (1 + 0.3) = 4,347.2 damage.
- Mods affecting damage and damage will affect only their corresponding physical damage type for Shattered Lash's thrust or sweep.
- Mods, including Riven Mods and melee Augment Mods affecting the following stats:
- does not apply.
- Faction Damage such as does not apply.
- provides both a flat +50% status chance and +100% toxin damage, but does not grant status to explosions.
- provides no bonus.
- does not cause gore.
- , , and bonus combo count chance does not apply as the ability does not increase combo counter.
- applies a flat and can be activated through 's invulnerability.
- applies +180% melee damage.
- does not lifesteal.
Last updated: Update 30.0 (2021-04-13)
- Manticore's damage bonus applies to Shattered Lash.
- Shattered Lash gains 25% additional damage for each combo multiplier, up to a 3.75x damage multiplier at 12x combo, or 4.0x with equipped at 13x combo.
- Shattered Lash is not affected by the equipped melee weapon's stats or its innate effects.
- The exceptions to this rule are:
- Weapons that modify the combo meter, including the bonus initial combo count passives for (20), (20), (30), and 's increased combo cap.
- 's bonus +25% corrosive damage upon Djinn's .
- 's collected elemental bonus, up to +70%.
- 's +100% bonus toxin damage upon inflicting a status effect.
- Casting Shattered Lash while wielding will bypass its infinite combo extender, resetting the counter if the effective combo duration has expired.
- The exceptions to this rule are:
- Shattered Lash is affected by Arcanes which give melee damage such as and .
- Shattered Lash's range is affected by Ability Range, while blade knockback radius and sweep arc are not.
- Sweep is not perfectly aligned in a straight line and is similar to a wave-like pattern, allowing Shattered Lash to hit enemies on a slightly higher terrain elevation than Gara past ~90°.
- Thrust and Sweep casting speeds are affected by and .
- The firing directions and origin points for Thrust and Sweep are detailed as follows:
- Thrust's origin and aim direction both snap to the environment as they were at the completion of the cast (the very start of the animation), regardless of Gara's orientation or position afterward.
- Sweep's hitbox adheres to Gara's character model, moving with her. Horizontal aim snaps to the aiming reticle at the time of the cast, while vertical angle is always straight in the middle.
- Enemies crystallized by are not affected by Shattered Lash's ragdoll and knockback effects.
- Ability Synergy: Casting Shattered Lash on Gara's own glass barrier causes it to break and explode outward, dealing damage to enemies outside the barrier.
- Damage type of the glass barrier explosion is determined by Shattered Lash's thrust or sweep used to shatter the barrier.
- If is active and is within the explosion radius on the outside of the barrier, 50% of the barrier explosion damage is permanently added to Splinter Storm's damage per second until its duration expires.
- Shattered Lash's quick cast is a one-handed action that allows Gara to fire and reload weapons, as well as move and perform maneuvers during cast.
- Hold cast is a two-handed animation that stops Gara's movement and other actions during cast.
- Can be cast while in midair.
- While ability is silent, it does not activate stealth multiplier.
- The glass longsword is visually summoned from Gara's left palm and does not possess a grip. Glass shards will constantly break away and fall from the blade as a visual effect, while the longsword fades into and out of existence for the duration of the thrust or sweep.
- The longsword and its particle effects are affected by Gara's chosen Warframe energy color.
- Shattered Lash can damage enemies across the Rift Plane.
- Shattered Lash is affected by and can trigger Warframe Arcanes.
- Sweep is animation-locked and cannot be aimed upward or downward. However, because the sweep is in a wave-like pattern, it can hit enemies on a lower or higher terrain elevation than Gara depending on the troughs and crests of the wave. You can familiarize yourself with this pattern in Captura mode using the advance time function.
- If enemies are standing on a higher elevation, use Aim Glide (default hold while in midair) and time your sweep to hit them with your blade.
- Base damage, elemental damage, and physical damage from melee Riven Mods do affect Shattered Lash, further amplifying its damage potential.
- Damage multipliers from Mass Vitrify and Splinter Storm can stack to produce even higher damage output for Shattered Lash.