Envelops Mesa in a barrier of energy, reflecting back incoming bullet damage.
|Strength:50% / 60% / 70% / 80% (damage reduction)|
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 s|
- Mesa envelops herself in an energy shield that reduces incoming damage from bullets and projectiles by 50% / 60% / 70% / 80% while reflecting the damage back to her attackers. The energy shield lasts 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds.
- Damage reduction is affected by Ability Strength and cannot exceed 95% under any circumstances.
- Reflected damage is equivalent to what enemies would receive if they were to damage themselves.
- Incoming hitscan and non-hitscan projectiles are physically redirected. As such, obstacles in the environment can prevent reflected damage from hitting enemies.
- Reflected damage is not always directed to the source enemy; the damage can be redirected to other enemies depending on their position relative to Mesa and the source.
- Status Effects are also reflected back towards enemies.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Projectile-based knockdown is resisted, such as the grappling hooks from Scorpions and Infested Ancients. However, knockdown caused by radial blasts from units such as Shockwave MOAs and Heavy Gunners will bypass Shatter Shield.
- Bombard rockets will be reflected and often will ricochet back into enemies with a good chance of proccing blast, knocking them down.
- Cannot be recast while active.
- Main article: Staggering Shield
- As damage reduction is capped to 95%, any Ability Strength beyond 119% will not have further effect to Shatter Shield. Maximum damage reduction can be achieved with just a rank 3 Intensify, or a rank 4 Augur Secrets for 3 less drain.
- Players should take caution, as while damage reduction will apply to Projectile/Hitscan weaponry, it does not apply to explosions.
- Reflected damage from non-hitscan weapons is not calculated properly. The reflected damage enemies receive from non-hitscan weapons does not appear to factor in the enemy's level, causing the same damage to be reflected regardless of enemy difficulty.
- When shot by an Embolist with Shatter Shield active Mesa will receive the poison proc even if the damage source was friendly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.