Envelops Mesa in a barrier of energy, reflecting back incoming bullet damage.
|Strength:50% / 60% / 70% / 80% (damage reduction)|
|Duration:10 / 15 / 20 / 25 s|
|Misc:95% (damage reduction cap)|
45° (deflect angle)
90° (divert angle)
∞ (hitscan reflect range)
- Mesa envelops herself in an energy shield for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds, which reduces incoming damage from enemy gunfire by 50% / 60% / 70% / 80%. The shield reflects hitscan bullets back to the attacker over unrestricted range, but deflects non-hitscan projectiles randomly up to 45° from the point of impact. Affected gunfire will instead divert towards a random enemy, if any, within an 11-meter radius and up to 90° from the point of impact.
- Damage reduction is affected by Ability Strength and cannot exceed 95% under any circumstances.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Diverted gunfire is physically redirected. As such, obstacles in the environment can prevent it from hitting enemies.
- Damage is equivalent to what enemies would receive if they were to damage themselves.
- Status Effects can proc normally, on both Mesa and enemy targets.
- Deflect and divert angles are not affected by mods.
- Projectile-based knockdown is resisted, such as the grappling hooks from Scorpions and Infested Ancients. However, knockdown caused by radial blasts from units such as Shockwave MOAs and Heavy Gunners will bypass Shatter Shield.
- Shatter Shield does not protect Mesa from area damage or melee attacks, thus damage will be dealt as normal.
- Cannot be recast while active.
- Main article: Staggering Shield
- As damage reduction is capped to 95%, any Ability Strength beyond 119% will not have further effect to Shatter Shield. Maximum damage reduction can be achieved with just a rank 3 Intensify, or a rank 4 Augur Secrets for 3 less drain.
- Players should take caution, as while damage reduction will apply to Projectile/Hitscan weaponry, it does not apply to explosions.
- Bombard rockets will be deflected and often will ricochet back into enemies with a good chance of proccing radial knock-down.
- Reflected damage from non-hitscan weapons is not calculated properly. The reflected damage enemies receive from non-hitscan weapons does not appear to factor in the enemy's level, causing the same damage to be reflected regardless of enemy difficulty.
- When shot by an Embolist with Shatter Shield active Mesa will receive the poison proc even if the damage source was friendly.
- Some types of projectiles stop when hitting Shatter Shield and disappear at the time their damage is being dealt to a target within range, instead of being visually redirected towards them. No damage loss, though.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.