Set Mods are a unique class of Mods that offer increasing bonuses when one or more mods in a set are equipped on the player's Warframe and weapons.
Each Set consists of up to 6 Mods at most, with individual mods providing standard stat increases and bonuses, but also providing a second Set Bonus stat that is shared between all the mods in the set. Set Bonuses are improved through the number of mods in the Set equipped - the more mods in the set are used, the stronger the Set Bonus.
Set Bonus effects are not improved by upgrading the mod through regular fusion. Only the number of equipped mods within the set dictates the Set Bonus strength.
The following mod sets are organized by their order of release date.
Augur Mod SetEdit
Set Bonus: 40%/80%/120%/160%/200%/240% Energy spent on abilities is converted to shields. This only seems to be able to accumulate overshields as long as the Warframe has no overshields when casting an ability (similar to Brief Respite), though this isn't mentioned in the description of the set bonus. The set bonus also does not convert energy drained over time by channeled abilities such as Ember's World On Fire.
Comprised of 4 Warframe Mods and 2 Pistol Mods.
The Augur Mod Set is rewarded from Completing Bounties on the Plains of Eidolon. They may also drop from the Recon Commander.
Gladiator Mod SetEdit
Comprised of 3 Warframe Mods and 3 Melee Mods.
Vigilante Mod SetEdit
Comprised of 2 Warframe Mods and 4 Primary Mods.
The Vigilante Mod Set is rewarded from Completing Bounties on the Plains of Eidolon. They may also drop from the Plains Commander.
Hunter Mod SetEdit
Comprised of 1 Warframe Mod, 2 Primary Mods, and 3 Companion Mods.
Umbral Mod SetEdit
Set Bonus: Enhances all equipped mods within the set.
- With 2 equipped, increases the effects of Umbral Vitality, Umbral Fiber and Umbral Intensify by 25%.
- With 3 equipped, increases the effects of Umbral Vitality and Umbral Fiber by 75%, and Umbral Intensify by 50%.
Comprised of 3 Warframe Mods.
Sacrificial Mod SetEdit
Set Bonus: Enhances all equipped mods within the set.
- Increases the effects of both mods by 25% when both are equipped together.
Comprised of 2 Melee Mods.
Tek Mod SetEdit
Set Bonus: Kavat marks a 3/6/9/12 meter zone every 60/45/30/15 seconds that inflicts 50/100/150/200 Damage per second to enemies within the zone.
Comprised of 1 Warframe Mod, 2 Kavat Mods, and 1 Melee Mod.
The Tek Mod Set is rewarded from Completing Bounties on the Orb Vallis. They may also drop from the Corpus Cestra Target.
Synth Mod SetEdit
Set Bonus: Reloads 5%/10%/15%/20% of Primary and Secondary weapon magazine per second while that weapon is holstered.
Comprised of 1 Pistol Mod, 2 Sentinel Mods, and 1 Warframe Mod.
Mecha Mod SetEdit
Comprised of 1 Warframe Mod, 2 Kubrow Mods, and 1 Aura Mod.
The Mecha Mod Set is rewarded from Completing Bounties on the Orb Vallis. They may also drop from the Corpus Trencher Target.
Strain Mod SetEdit
Set Bonus: Helminth Charger grows up to 2/4/6/8 Cysts over 6/12/18/24 seconds that erupt every 25 seconds to spawn a maggot. Unlike other mod sets, all mods in this set revolve around enhancing the Set Bonus, as opposed to some that can be used for general purposes.
Comprised of 1 Warframe Mod, 2 Helminth Charger Mods, and 1 Melee Mod.
The Strain Mod Set is rewarded by Completing the Profit-Taker Bounties from the Solaris United syndicate in Fortuna, Venus.
Aero Mod SetEdit
Set Bonus: Damage enemies while aim gliding and put up to 5 of them to Sleep for 3/6/9s on landing.
Comprised of 1 Warframe Mod, 1 Sniper Mod, and 1 Primary Mod.
Motus Mod SetEdit
Set Bonus: +33/66/100% chance to become immune to Knockdown effects while airborne.
Comprised of 1 Warframe Mod, 1 Shotgun Mod, and 1 Melee Mod.
Proton Mod SetEdit
Set Bonus: During a Wall Latch gain +17/33/50% Damage Reduction.
Comprised of 1 Warframe Mod, 1 Rifle Mod, and 1 Melee Mod.
- The Augur Set can replenish shields even after life support has run out in a survival mission.
- The Vigilante Set's "Enhance Critical Hits" bonus refers to the ability to upgrade the Critical Damage level of the weapon by one rank, i.e. if the weapon deals a "yellow" critical, there is a 30% chance that it will deal an "orange" critical instead, dealing more critical damage. Another way to think of this is X% chance for +100% additive crit chance.
- Set mods equipped on Sentinel or MOA's Robotic Weapons will apply set effects.
- The ability to get set bonuses with even a single mod from a set should not be overlooked. This allows players to take the best mods from each set to further optimize their builds.
- Hunter Companion mods cannot be used on sentinels.
- While Set Mods can be equipped on Exalted Weapons, they will not contribute to nor benefit from set bonuses, but the regular effect of the mod will still apply. This also applies to Venari.
- The Sacrificial Set is an exception to this.
- The Vilgilante Set and Gladiator Set can still apply if equipped on Warframe, Primary, Melee, or Robotic Weapons, and not on the Exalted Weapon itself.
|Aero||Agility • Periphery • Vantage|
|Augur||Accord • Message • Pact • Reach • Secrets • Seeker|
|Gladiator||Aegis • Finesse • Might • Resolve • Rush • Vice|
|Hunter||Adrenaline • Command • Munitions • Recovery • Synergy • Track|
|Mecha||Empowered • Overdrive • Pulse • Recharge|
|Motus||Impact • Setup • Signal|
|Proton||Jet • Pulse • Snap|
|Sacrificial||Pressure • Steel|
|Strain||Consume • Eruption • Fever • Infection|
|Synth||Charge • Deconstruct • Fiber • Reflex|
|Tek||Assault • Collateral • Enhance • Gravity|
|Umbral||Fiber • Intensify • Vitality|
|Vigilante||Armaments • Fervor • Offense • Pursuit • Supplies • Vigor|