Sensor Regulators are a variant of the Grineer Regulator drone that appear in Spy and Sealab Sabotage missions. Unlike normal Regulators, that simply float in place, Sensor Regulators are mobile, and will move to patrol a location in search of enemies. While unarmed, Sensor Regulators are equipped with cameras that will trigger an alarm upon seeing a player or taking damage, alerting nearby Grineer and activating the relevant security measures (such as a Data Vault's purge sequence).
- Their sensor beams do pass through paned windows.
- It can be possible to pass underneath their sensor beam without triggering the alarm.
- Damage to Sensor Regulators taken from companions does not seem to always trigger the alarm.
- Sensor Regulators are revealed on the minimap using Enemy Sense or Enemy Radar.
- Sensor Regulators do not count towards Exterminate objectives. They also do not trigger or remove Stealth Attack Affinity Bonuses, being considered an environmental object instead of a unit.
- Sensor Regulators will not trigger the alarm if they are destroyed with a single hit. Silent, high-damage weapons such as the Dread, Opticor, or Paris Prime are all ideal for efficiently dealing with them; other high-damage weapons (e.g. Vaykor Marelok, Lex Prime) can also use Hush or Suppress for a similar effect.
Sensor Regulators will not raise alarms if:
- Affected by Nyx's Mind Control, even when the player passes the sensor beams;
- Stunned by Trinity's Well Of Life;
- Affected by Excalibur's Radial Blind or Equinox's Nightform's Rest even if the sensor beams are passed. They will, however, keep moving as normal.
- Affected by Nekros's Terrify – if the player passes the beam the Regulator will even attempt to turn and move away from him;
- The player is cloaked in any way, for example with Loki's Invisibility, Ash's Smoke Screen, Ivara's Cloak Arrow and/or Prowl, Shade's Ghost or Huras Kubrow's Stalk;
- (the stun portion of Smoke Screen will neither stagger nor alert Regulators);
- Teleported somewhere using Loki's Switch Teleport or Nova's Worm Hole. It will then try to get back to its initial route as fast as possible;
- It sees certain ability manifestations such as Chroma's Effigy, Loki's Decoy, Saryn's Molt, Nekros's Shadows Of The Dead or even a Hydroid submerged in its Undertow;
- It is damaged by certain abilities that deal damage over time such as Undertow, Shadows of the Dead or Effigy, even if they are not able to one-shot the Regulator with the first tick;
- Rhino uses Rhino Charge to bypass the sensor beams
- Limbo uses Banish on the Sensor Regulator to destroy it in one shot. Failing to destroy it will lead to the alarm triggering.
- Limbo uses Stasis and walks past the sensors.
- Frost uses Freeze to freeze the regulator, even if the freeze does not kill it. However, shooting it will still trigger alarms. Utilize the freeze to bypass it quickly.
The alarms will be triggered however if:
- A player in the Rift Plane from Limbo's Rift Walk or Banish passes the beam;
- Limbo manually ends Stasis after walking past the sensors.
- It is damaged and moved around by Banshee's Sonic Boom;
- (A Silenced Sonic Boom will damage and kick the Regulator around, but not always cause it to trigger the alarms);
- Ash uses Teleport on a Regulator, even while under the effect of Smoke Screen;
- Hit but not one-shotted by the initial damage tick of Equinox's dayform's Maim;
- Stunned and damaged by Trinity's Energy Vampire;
- Excalibur uses Slash Dash to pass the beam;
- Sucked into Vauban's Vortex; or
- His Bastille will have no effect except applying its particles, neither keeping them in place, nor disabling the alarms.
- Vauban places a bounce pad directly on the Regulator.
Additional Ability interaction:
- Banshee's Sonar will show Regulators on the minimap, but will not highlight any weakpoints.
- Ember's Accelerant will increase any Fire damage dealt to an affected Regulator.
- Nova's Molecular Prime and Valkyr's Warcry will affect the Regulator's speed.
- Loki's Disarm, Mesa's Shooting Gallery, Mirage's Sleight Of Hand and Mag's Pull have no effect.
- Equinox's dayform's Rage will speed it up.
- Valkyr's Rip Line will damage the Regulator but will not pull it in. Alarms will only be triggered if the ability deals a sufficiently high amount of damage per cast.
- Ivara's Sleep Arrow will cause the Regulator to stand still, passing the beams, however, will still trigger the alarms.
- An Eximus variant was introduced in Update 18.0. These Sensor Regulators have 100% more armor and 200% more health, making them far more durable than standard versions. These units start spawning in Tier 2 (Level 15-25) Spy missions, and spawn more frequently in Tier 3 (Level 25+).
- On some occasions, attempting to damage the drones from behind will cause them to not trigger the alarms.
- When viewed within their Codex, the Sensor Regulator will oddly slowly fall backwards until eventually falling to the ground, however the thruster effects will still remain in place.
- The Sensor Regulator can be scanned indefinitely, resulting in consuming a Codex Scanner even if the entry is completed. This also applies to the Helios's Investigator precept.