Sensor Regulators are a variant of the Grineer Regulator drone that appear in Spy and Sealab Sabotage missions. Unlike normal Regulators, that simply float in place, Sensor Regulators are mobile, and will move to patrol a location in search of enemies. While unarmed, Sensor Regulators are equipped with cameras that will trigger an alarm upon seeing a player or taking damage, alerting nearby Grineer and activating the relevant security measures (such as a Data Vault's purge sequence).
- Their sensor beams do pass through paned windows.
- It can be possible to pass underneath their sensor beam without triggering the alarm.
- Damage to Sensor Regulators taken from companions does not seem to always trigger the alarm.
- Sensor Regulators are revealed on the minimap using Enemy Sense or Enemy Radar.
- Sensor Regulators do not count towards Exterminate objectives. They also do not trigger or remove Stealth Attack Affinity Bonuses, being considered an environmental object instead of a unit.
- Sensor Regulators will not trigger the alarm if they are destroyed with a single hit. Silent, high-damage weapons such as the Dread, Opticor, or Paris Prime are all ideal for efficiently dealing with them; other high-damage weapons (e.g. Vaykor Marelok, Lex Prime) can also use Hush or Suppress for a similar effect.
- While playing in a squad, it is suggested to holster any weapons with Syndicate Radial Effects, since their damaging explosion can be charged with shared affinity mechanics.
Sensor Regulators will not raise alarms if:Edit
- Ash uses Smoke Screen;
- (the stun portion of Smoke Screen will neither stagger nor alert Regulators).
- Equinox's Nightform Rest prevents sensor beams from detecting players passing through. Regulators will, however, keep patrolling as normal.
- Excalibur's uses Radial Blind;
- Frost uses Freeze effectively allowing any player to move past them without triggereing alarms. However, shooting regulators will still trigger alarms.
- Hydroid submerges in Undertow to hide from the sensor beams;
- destroying them with Undertow will not trigger alarms.
- Ivara's Quiver and/or Prowl are active when passing through sensor beams;
- Sleep Arrow will cause Regulators to stop moving, but passing through sensor beams will still trigger alarms.
- Limbo uses Stasis and walks past the sensors. Or uses Banish on the Sensor Regulator destroying it in one shot.
- Failing to "banish" in one-shot, will cause alarms to be triggered.
- Loki's activates Invisibility to pass through the sensor beams;
- Rhino uses Rhino Charge to bypass the sensor beams;
- Nekros's Terrify causes regulators to turn away, moving away from the player;
- destroying it with Shadows Of The Dead will not trigger alarms
- Nova teleports a regulator with Worm Hole only causes regulators to try returning to original patrol path;
- Nyx's Mind Control affects it to not recognize players passing through the sensor beams;
- Trinity marks or kills it with Well Of Life;
- If it sees ability-spawned manifestations (entities) such as Chroma's Effigy, Loki's Decoy, Saryn's Molt;
- When Players are hidden by Prisma Shade's Ghost or Huras Kubrow's Stalk;
Sensor Regulators will raise alarms if:Edit
- Ash uses Teleport on a Regulator, even while under the effect of Smoke Screen;
- Banshee does not destroy regulators outright with Sonic Boom;
- Equinox hits, but does not one-shot with the dayform's Maim;
- Excalibur uses Slash Dash to pass the beam;
- Limbo manually deactivates Stasis after walking passing through sensor beams.
- Inaros fails to destroy regulators in one-shot with Desiccation;
- Trying to use Devour has no effect on Regulators.
- Trinity fails to destroy with Energy Vampire;
- Valkyr's Rip Line will damage the Regulator but will not pull it in. Alarms will be triggered if the ability deals a sufficiently high amount of damage per cast.
- Vauban places a bounce pad directly on the Regulator;
- Bastille has no effect except applying its particles, neither keeping them in place, nor disabling the alarms.
Sensor Regulators' other effects and interactions:Edit
- Mag's Pull, Mesa's Shooting Gallery, and Mirage's Sleight Of Hand all have no effect;
- Equinox's dayform Rage will speed the movement up.
- Nova's Molecular Prime and Valkyr's Warcry will affect the Regulator's movement speed.
- An Eximus variant was introduced in Update 18.0. These Sensor Regulators have 100% more armor and 200% more health, making them far more durable than standard versions. These units start spawning in Tier 2 (Level 15-25) Spy missions, and spawn more frequently in Tier 3 (Level 25+).
- On some occasions, attempting to damage the drones from behind will cause them to not trigger the alarms.
- When viewed within their Codex, the Sensor Regulator will oddly slowly fall backwards until eventually falling to the ground, however the thruster effects will still remain in place.
- The Sensor Regulator can be scanned indefinitely, resulting in consuming a Codex Scanner even if the entry is completed. This also applies to the Helios's Investigator precept.