The Seer is Captain Vor's specialized pistol of Grineer design utilizing Orokin technology, creating a unique hybrid weapon. It features higher than average zoom and high, balanced damage making it potent at long range, but has very poor critical stats and a slow reload speed.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
This weapon deals equal physical damage.
- High base damage.
- Decent status chance.
- High zoom, excellent for long range.
- Very fast projectile speed.
- Low critical chance.
- Low critical multiplier.
- Slow reload speed.
- Small magazine size.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- High zoom capabilities can make zooming in at close range a hindrance.
- High zoom amplifies perceived recoil when aiming.
- Seer, compared to Kuva Seer:
- Lower base damage (101.01 vs. 131.0)
- Lower critical chance (5% vs. 21%)
- Lower critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 1.9x)
- Lower status chance (13% vs. 33%)
- Lower fire rate (2 rounds/sec vs. 2.5 rounds/sec)
- Smaller magazine (8 rounds vs. 9 rounds)
- Larger max ammo capacity (210 rounds vs. 27 rounds)
- Slower reload speed (2.8 s vs. 2.3 s)
- Lower Mastery Rank required (0 vs. 15)
- See Category:Seer Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Seer Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
AcquisitionSeer's main blueprint and components can be obtained from defeating Captain Vor on Tolstoj, Mercury.
|Main Blueprint||38.72%||6 – 7 kills||27 ± 9 kills|
Expected refers to total number of runs a player can expect to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
Nearly Guaranteed refers to the total number of runs a player needs to obtain a 99%, 99.9%, and 99.99% probability to receive at least one of each drop associated with the respective values.
For more detailed definitions and information on how these number were obtained visit here.
- Though the shot explodes on impact, the effect is purely graphical. This weapon has no blast radius/area of effect.
- Although the explosive shot has no AOE, killing an enemy with the Seer usually results in them being thrown a reasonable distance
- Multishot can be observed with long range shots, but is not noticeable short-to-medium range.
- Tint Color 4 has a small shade change on parts colored by Tint Color 1.
- Use it for stationary mid-long range targets (or easy to track targets), the bullet travel time and the gun's slow fire rate makes it hard to use on moving targets and for some reason it misses extremely close targets.
- When using multishot mods you can decrease the spread of the extra shot(s) by zooming in, or fire from the hip to increase the chance of headshots (as the multiple shots will spread out slightly)
- Hip firing the Seer provides enough spread to the projectiles that it may be easier to hit longer range and/or moving targets.
- The Seer has reasonably strong recoil when zoomed in. Consider using Steady Hands to make it more controllable; when maxed out, the Seer's recoil should be almost completely unnoticeable.
- The Seer's components used to have the same drop algorithm as the Cronus blueprint; every subsequent visit to Tolstoj used to decrease the drop rate. This has since been fixed.
- The bulb on the right side of the weapon is the magazine. Prior to Update 12.0 the bulb on the right side of the weapon rotated when the gun was reloaded, and the Seer had the default sidearm reload animation.
- This is the first hybrid weapon that combines Orokin design with another technological base, in this case Grineer technology. The Twin Rogga are currently the only other hybrid weapon that likely combines Orokin design.
- Prior to Update 12.0, the energy color customization option had no effect on the color of the projectile's trail.
- The slash damage is actually a tiny bit less than the other damages, shown when using a max damage and multishot build, the UI will show the slash damage to be 1 or more less than the others.
- A "Seer" is a person of supposed supernatural insight who sees visions of the future, which is apt to Vor when he later becomes Corrupted.
- While the small explosions on impact are only visual for PvE, for PvP the weapon has 40 Blast damage.
- Before Update 22.12, this weapon had 0% crit chance and crit damage.
Last updated: Update 24.8