Scrambus are Corpus infantry units which utilize special hover shoes to move quickly around the battlefield. Like the Comba, the Scrambus is capable of projecting aura from their helmet that disrupts certain classes of Warframe abilities. The nullification aura also disrupts the player's HUD.
A Scrambus' loadout is modular, and they can be equipped with one type of nullification Aura combined with one type of weapon. There are four classes of nullification auras, and four types of weapons that a Scrambus can equip, thus there are sixteen different possible combinations of loadouts possible for Scrambuses, making them unpredictable in the field.
Scrambuses are equipped with hover shoes, which not only make them move faster than Combas, but also allow them to avoid attacks by dashing quickly from one place to another.
Scrambuses have access to 4 different nullification auras, each disrupting only a certain category of Warframe abilities. They will periodically hold their arms in front of them to charge up their helmets, releasing an expanding aura within a 15 meter radius that disables certain abilities for 2.5 seconds and does a fixed 50 Impact damage. The helmet design changes depending on the aura equipped, allowing them to be identified visually.
Shooting the aura enough times or simply killing the Scrambus will cause the aura to disperse. Shooting off the Scrambuses' helmet will also permanently prevent them from projecting an aura.
Each Scrambus can be equipped with one of the following weapons in combination with any of the four different auras above:
- Swarmer: Swarmer-type Scrambuses are equipped with Detrons, however their versions have a slower flight speed, can home in on targets, and deal Blast damage instead of Radiation.
- Seeker: These Scrambuses are equipped with Angstrum rocket launchers loaded with target-seeking missiles that deal Blast damage on impact. These rockets move slower, and are fired in bursts of three to four.
- Whip: Designed for close-quarters fighting, these Scrambuses use Lecta electric whips. Utilizing their hoverskates, these Scrambus can perform quick evasive maneuvers and can strafe around an enemy quickly.
- Energy Shield: Primarily defensive in nature, these Scrambuses can deploy elliptical energy shields in front of them that block all incoming attacks. They can be identified by the large emitters on their forearms. In a pinch, they will attack by swinging their emitters at nearby targets, dealing Electricity damage.
A Fog Scrambus disrupts Perception-type abilities. They wear tall, cylindrical helmets inscribed with Corpus text.
A Nul Scrambus disrupts Buff & Debuff-type abilities. They wear tall, boxy helmets with a blue, cross-shaped light strip.
A Sap Scrambus disrupts Damage-type abilities. They wear a visor consisting of a long, protruding box, while the lower half of their face remains exposed.
A Slo Scrambus disrupts Mobility-type abilities. They wear tall, boxy helmets with a single white, vertical light strip in the middle.
- The Scrambus' helmets emit a distinct pinging sound that can alert players to their position within 50 meters, giving ample warning as to their presence.
- Since their nullification abilities are tied to their helmets, a Scrambus' nullification field can be disabled by shooting off their helmets.
- The Scrambuses (and their counterparts the Combas) may easily be found on medium to high level Corpus controlled planets such as Europa, Neptune and Pluto.
- The Scrambuses (and their counterparts the Combas) are the first enemies in Warframe to have both male and female versions. They are also the first Corpus enemies to feature females.
- Their design may have been inspired by Derf Anyo, an upcoming tag-along boss that will fight alongside Nef Anyo when the latter is added back into the game as an assassination target/boss.
Last updated: Hotfix 24.1.5