The Scourge is 's signature speargun, firing fully automatic projectiles that explode and damage nearby enemies in a small radius. Its Alternate Fire allows the very weapon itself to be thrown, inflicting a Bullet Attractor field on the heads of all enemies near the impact point.
- Innate damage – effective against Ferrite Armor and Fossilized.
- Very high status chance.
- Innate damage can rapidly strip away armor.
- Primary Fire shoots plasma projectiles in an automatic fashion, causing a small 1.7 meter explosion on impact with a surface or enemy.
- Initial hit and explosion apply status separately.
- Explosion does not need direct line of sight to deal damage and will penetrate walls.
- Alternate Fire throws the Scourge, dealing damage and causing a 2 meter Bullet Attractor field on the heads of enemies within 14 meters of the impact point for 20 seconds, allowing easier headshots with secondary weapons.
- Reloads 33% of the magazine per second while deployed or holstered.
- High ammunition capacity.
- Very ammo efficient.
- Can benefit from ( ), , and .
- Innate damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Extremely low critical chance and critical multiplier.
- Low fire rate.
- Low reload speed.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- All explosions inflicts self-stagger.
- Primary fire explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 70% from central impact.
- Alternate fire explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 40% from central impact.
- Once thrown, the player will not be able to use it until it is either picked up or when it returns to the player after 20 seconds.
- Scourge (Projectile Impact), compared to Scourge Prime (Projectile Impact):
- Lower base damage per projectile (70 vs. 80)
- Lower total damage (70 vs. 80)
- Lower base critical chance (2.00% vs. 10.00%)
- Lower base critical multiplier (1.5x vs. 2.0x)
- Lower average damage per tap (70.7 vs. 88)
- Lower burst DPS (188.76 vs. 234.96)
- Lower sustained DPS (161.77 vs. 204.87)
- Slower reload time (2.5 vs. 2.2)
- Less polarities ( vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (6 vs. 14)
- Higher disposition (●●●●○ (1.20x) vs. ●●●●○ (1.15x))
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 240||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
- The Scourge's projectiles explode upon contact, and allows to be equipped to increase the blast radius, although it will only increase by ~1 meter.
- The Scourge's alt-fire throws the speargun towards the reticle, impaling enemies along its path with physical damage, then inflicting Corrosive damage in a large area of effect. Finally, it creates a pulse that applies a Bullet Attractor debuff on nearby enemies' heads.
- Bullets and projectiles fired at enemies will be drawn to the head. However, this does not guarantee a headshot.
- The Bullet Attractor debuff will be applied the instant the weapon sticks to a surface, and subsequently in periodic pulses while the Scourge stays in place. There is a slight pause between their expiration and the next pulse; the Bullet Attractor effect lasts for 3 seconds and the weapon will pulse every 5 seconds, meaning there's a 2 second downtime. From testing, it appears that the Bullet Attractor effect cannot be increased with status duration mods.
- After thrown, the weapon's location will be marked with a blue icon on the minimap.
- The weapon will return to the Warframe after 20 seconds, or when picked up by moving over the planted weapon. Doing the latter will remove all Bullet Attractor effects from enemies and will immediately equip the weapon.
- The Bullet Attractor field refreshes every 6 seconds after impact while deployed, applying itself to enemies in range and removing itself from enemies no longer in range.
- Throwing Scourge at full ammo vs. 1 ammo left in the magazine does not have any notable difference (if any at all).
- The Scourge can only be thrown if it has at least 1 ammo remaining in the magazine.
- does not affect the size of the Bullet Attractor field, nor does it increase the range a thrown Scourge will apply its effect to enemies.
- Weapons with buffs that apply on headshots such as , and will benefit greatly from the Scourge's alt-fire effects as they will easily gain their respective headshot buffs. Similarly, headshot-conditions for and can be easily achieved in this manner.
- Throwing the weapon does not cost ammo.
- An additional feature of the Scourge is its innate ability to replenish its magazine while holstered or thrown. In either state, the weapon fully reloads in 3 seconds (or 33% of the magazine size per second).
- Reload speed mods such as do not affect the rate of replenishment. Mods such as , and the Synth mod set, on the other hand, will increase said rate.
- The Scourge has a unique visual effect with Harrow's Agile idle stance, where it will be collapsed into a smaller configuration when held. It extends to its full length when firing.
- A Scourge refers to a whip with multiple thongs or "tails" (a Cat o' nine tails being a good example), and was often used for corporal punishment as well as for self-flagellation by religious penitents. In contemporary terminology, the term has been applied to people, groups, or events that resulted in great calamity.
- While the separate reload time for the alt-fire does nothing, a bug used to allow this shorter reload time to be applied to the primary fire. It could be done by manually pressing the reload key while the spear-throw attack was charging.
- could be used to allow the projectiles to stick then explode, but this feature was disabled, making the mod do nothing when equipped.
- Has a high chance of disappearing when thrown.
Last updated: Update 25.3 (2019-07-06)
- , the Primed counterpart.
- , 's signature sidearm.
|Research • Clan • Dojo|
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|