The Scourge is Harrow's signature speargun, firing fully automatic Corrosive projectiles that explode and damage nearby enemies in a small radius. Its Alternate Fire allows the very weapon itself to be thrown, inflicting a Bullet Attractor field on the heads of all enemies near the impact point.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 240||Blueprints Price:15,000|
|Tenno Lab Research 3,000|
|Time: 72 hrs|
|x1 x3 x10 x30 x100|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- Innate Corrosive damage – effective against Ferrite Armor and Fossilized.
- Very high status chance.
- Primary Fire shoots plasma projectiles in an automatic fashion, causing a small 1.7 meter explosion on impact with a surface or enemy.
- Alternate Fire throws the Scourge, dealing damage and causing a 2 meter Bullet Attractor field on the heads of enemies near the impact point, allowing easier headshots with secondary weapons.
- Reloads 33% of the magazine per second while deployed or holstered.
- High ammunition capacity.
- Very ammo efficient.
- Can benefit from Firestorm, Amalgam Furax Body Count, and Cautious Shot.
- Innate Corrosive damage – less effective against Proto Shields.
- Extremely low critical chance.
- Low fire rate.
- Low reload speed.
- Projectiles have travel time.
- All explosions inflicts self-stagger.
- Primary fire explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 70% from central impact.
- Alternate fire explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 40% from central impact.
- Once thrown, the player will not be able to use it until it is either picked up or when it returns to the player after 20 seconds.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Scourge's projectiles explode upon contact, and allows Firestorm to be equipped to increase the blast radius, although it will only increase by ~1 meter.
- The Scourge's alt-fire throws the speargun towards the reticle, impaling enemies along its path with physical damage, then inflicting Corrosive damage in a large area of effect. Finally, it creates a pulse that applies a Bullet Attractor debuff on nearby enemies' heads.
- Bullets and projectiles fired at enemies will be drawn to the head. However, this does not guarantee a headshot.
- The Bullet Attractor debuff will be applied the instant the weapon sticks to a surface, and subsequently in periodic pulses while the Scourge stays in place. There is a slight pause between their expiration and the next pulse; the Bullet Attractor effect lasts for 3 seconds and the weapon will pulse every 5 seconds, meaning there's a 2 second downtime. From testing, it appears as if the Bullet Attractor affect cannot be increased with status duration mods.
- After thrown, the weapon's location will be marked with a blue icon on the minimap.
- The weapon will return to the Warframe after 20 seconds, or when picked up by moving over the planted weapon. Doing the latter will remove all Bullet Attractor effects from enemies and will immediately equip the weapon.
- The Bullet Attractor effect will apply to all enemies within 13 to 14 m, there is no cap. There is no line of sight restriction.
- Throwing Scourge at full ammo vs. 1 ammo left in the magazine does not seem to matter in any way.
- Firestorm does not affect the size of the headshot bubble, nor does it increase the range a thrown Scourge will apply its effect to enemies.
- Naturally, Knell, Dual Toxocyst and Athodai will benefit greatly from the Scourge's alt-fire effects as they will easily gain their respective headshot buffs. Similarly, headshot-conditions for Arcane Pistoleer and Arcane Precision can be easily achieved in this manner.
- Throwing the weapon does not cost ammo.
- An additional feature of the Scourge is its innate ability to replenish its magazine while holstered or thrown. In either state, the weapon replenishes approximately 15 ammo per second, or full reload in 2.5 seconds, which is a similar rate to its standard reload speed.
- The Scourge has a unique visual effect with Harrow's Agile idle stance, where it will be collapsed into a smaller configuration when held. It extends to its full length when firing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A Scourge refers to a whip with multiple thongs or "tails" (a Cat o' nine tails being a good example), and was often used for corporal punishment as well as for self-flagellation by religious penitents. In contemporary terminology, the term has been applied to people, groups, or events that resulted in great calamity.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Adhesive Blast could be used to allow the projectiles to stick then explode, but this feature was disabled, making the mod do nothing when equipped.
- Has a high chance of disappearing when thrown.
Media[edit | edit source]
Update History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 25.3
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|