Scorches are medium Grineer units resembling Troopers with red and yellow armor. Scorches wield the Ignis flamethrower, dealing massive continuous damage in short range as long as the victim is in range. They can deal continuous damage and also set the player on fire, making them incredibly lethal in a successful ambush or when working with units such as Scorpions and Rollers that can inhibit player movement.
- Scorches tend to take cover behind doorways or next to pillars so they can ambush unsuspecting targets who pass by. This makes them a threat to solo players who are unaware of their presence.
- Their Ignis has AoE, which makes "dodging" flames almost impossible.
- The AoE of this weapon often causes Sentinel damage. Approach with caution.
- Scorches tend to hide more frequently than other Grineer units.
- This means that they move to different spots more frequently.
- They also are the ranged unit most likely to use terminals.
- When players deploy decoys in their field of view, they will simply track closer targets instead of the decoys, even if that target is behind the Scorch while the decoy is in front.
- As of Update 11.0, Scorches have a yellow and red color scheme, making them somewhat easier to differentiate from a Trooper.
- A good mission to find Scorch Synthesis as a Target is Cassini - Saturn, a Capture Mission.
- Their Ignis can penetrate Frost's Snow Globe.
- Damage scaling is very dramatic on a Scorch. At levels 20 and above can be lethal to a player in less than 5 seconds of continuous exposure to their Ignis, while only 3 seconds for Sentinels. Be cautious.
- Nekros' Shadows Of The Dead does not prioritize Scorches despite them dealing far more damage than elite lancers, which are prioritized.
- While the Scorch still only fires its Ignis when enemies get into the pre-buffed Ignis range (around 20 meters) their flames can still reach 40 meters, damaging players behind walls and without warning.
- This is especially deadly with Nekros, as his shadows attract the Scorch's attention and fire upon them, often hitting the player as well.
|Tileset||Kuva Fortress||Codex Scans||3|
|Weapon||Ignis / Sheev||Other Drops||None|
|Statistics||Mod Drops||Assault Mode 1.16%|
15 Endo 1.16%
Bane of Grineer 0.17%
Sure Shot 0.17%
Swirling Tiger 0.17%
50 Endo 0.17%
|+ + +++ ‐ ‐‐|
|+ ++ +++ - -|