Charge to transform health into hardened scarab armor. Discharge to blast enemies with a scarab swarm; survivors have their health drained and bestowed on allies.
|Strength:100 / 150 / 175 / 200 ( Corrosive damage/sec)|
|Duration:6 / 10 / 12 / 15 s (swarm duration)|
|Range:20 / 22 / 25 / 30 m (cast range)|
6 / 10 / 12 / 15 m (heal radius)
|Misc:2,900 HP (total health cost)|
2 HP (min. health threshold)
100% (armor bonus cap)
∞ (armor bonus duration)
5 m (spread radius)
100% (spread remaining duration)
- Inaros stands still to summon the desert sands and sacred scarabs, offering his Health as a sacrifice to gain Scarab Armor, which permanently increases his base armor by up to 100%. While holding down the ability key (default ), Inaros loses 29 health points for every 1% of converted additional bonus armor, for a total of 2,900 health lost to fully charge the armor. Inaros will continue in the animation until releasing the ability key or Inaros only has 2 points of health left; health drain will cease once the bonus armor has reached 100%.
- All Scarab Armor values are not affected by mods.
- The armor bonus is an additive to armor mods; with a fully charged Scarab Armor (100%) and a maxed rank Steel Fiber, Inaros will have a total armor value of:
225 × (1 + 100% + 110%) = 697.5
- Charging Scarab Armor causes Inaros to lose all momentum, except when aim gliding.
- Inaros is immune to stagger, knockback, and knockdown effects while charging Scarab Armor.
- The current bonus armor value is displayed on the ability icon and also beside Inaros' health indicator.
- Scarab Armor lasts indefinitely until partially or entirely removed by casting a swarm projectile, entering a Nullifier bubble, moving too close to a Comba or Scrambus, by being dispelled, or falling into a pit. Scarab Armor bonus can not be removed by enemy weapons fire.
- When Scarab Armor is dispelled, all health previously converted into armor is instantly refunded to Inaros, provided his health is not at maximum value.
- While Scarab Armor is at or above 25% and an enemy target is near the aiming reticle, tapping the ability key (default
) causes Inaros to consume 25 energy and 25% of his total armor bonus to launch a swarm of scarabs that travels up to 20 / 22 / 25 / 30 meters away.
- Energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency.
- Cast range is affected by Ability Range.
- Scarab Armor cost is not affected by mods.
- Scarab Swarm can not be launched if Scarab Armor value is below 25%.
- Scarab Swarm is launched near the end of the casting animation, giving the player time to adjust the trajectory before the animation ends.
- Launching a Scarab Swarm on an enemy that is still under the effects of another Scarab Swarm, will not refresh the debuff.
- Scarab Swarm's projectile possesses innate Punch Through but does not bypass obstacles in the environment.
- Once launched toward the targeted enemy, Scarab Swarm infests all enemies in its path on contact. Swarmed enemies will flail in panic and receive 100 / 150 / 175 / 200 Corrosive damage per second for 6 / 10 / 12 / 15 seconds, during which they are completely disabled. Each swarm host generates an aura with a 6 / 10 / 12 / 15 meter radius that converts the damage dealt by Scarab Swarm into health points for Inaros and his allies in range. Scarab Swarm can spread all of its effects to any unaffected enemies within a 5 meter radius from a swarm host for 100% of its remaining duration.
- Damage and healing per second are affected by Ability Strength.
- Duration is affected by Ability Duration.
- Healing radius is affected by Ability Range.
- Affected allies includes all Warframes, Companions, Eidolon Lures, summoned allied units such as Specters, allied Invasion units, Hostages, Kavor Defectors, Sortie and Arbitrations Defense Operatives, and Defense Objects.
- Spread radius and remaining duration percentage are not affected by mods.
- Scarab Swarm cast animation of 1.25 seconds is affected by Natural Talent and Speed Drift. Charging scarab armor or launching scarab attack while stationary will prevent movement, however casting scarab attack while moving will not interrupt movement.
- Main article: Negation Swarm
- It is more energy efficient to cast a Scarab Swarm attack on a single enemy in the middle of a large, clustered group, and allowing the swarm spreading effect to infect all nearby enemies. This is particularly effective against Infested that naturally tend to clump together in groups.
- Players can get Scarab Swarm dispelled on purpose, such as by running into a Nullifier bubble, to instantly get up to 2,900 points of health back.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.