The Sarpa is a short range gunblade combining a keen blade with a burst-fire rifle. It normally fires five-round bursts, although some stance combo attacks fire ten rounds at half damage.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Good critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Gunblade shots functions similarly to a burst-fire rifle, firing out 5 bullets in quick succession.
- Lowest base damage of all gunblades.
- Gunblade shots:
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Sarpa's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 175||Blueprints Price:20,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Shots have innate punch through when firing through enemies and non-terrain objects, e.g. Grineer Blunts.
- Missed shots do not influence the accuracy rating in the mission progress table. Shots that hit, however, do.
- Firing the gun does not invalidate the "The Sword Alone" achievement.
- Charged shots do not pass through Frost's Snow Globe if players are standing outside the globe.
- Jumping cannot be done until the charge shot animation has ended.
- Charged shots are affected by the following:
- Some stance combos fire twice the number of bullets. High Noons combos work as follows:
- Vagabond Blitz – 3rd attack shoots 5 bullets
- Final Showdown – 3rd attack shoots 10 bullets
- Desperado Zeal – 4th attack shoots 10 bullets, 5th shoots 5
- This weapon has two different animations for charged attack:
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The charged shot can be chained, even while sliding, by pressing and holding E with the right timing (rather than making a first melee attack followed by a shot).
- Shattering Impact works extremely well with this weapon; Each bullet fired reduces the targets base armor by 6.
- Condition Overload with a status chance build is excellent on it.
- Each bullet counts as a separate hit on nullifier bubbles making it fairly good at destroying them.
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Sarpa Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Sarpa Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sarpa (सर्प) is the Sanskrit term for snake or serpent.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Ingame, the Heavy Attack damage displayed is 600, the actual value before the 25% physical damage bonus is 700 however, a 4x multiplier from the 175 Shot damage.
- Without a stance equipped, the Sarpa is capable of doing Heavy Attacks while moving. These Heavy Attacks only have a 3x multiplier.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Update 26.0
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Redeemer, the first gunblade weapon introduced.