The Sarpa is a short range gunblade combining a keen blade with a burst-fire rifle. It normally fires five-round bursts, although some stance combo attacks fire ten rounds at half damage.
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Good critical chance.
- Very high status chance.
- Gunblade shots functions similarly to a burst-fire rifle, firing out 5 bullets in quick succession.
- Each bullet in a burst affects the Melee Combo Counter.
- Shots have a chance to stagger enemies.
- Firing within 4 meters of an enemy will ragdoll them.
- Shots do not use ammo.
- Shots have innate Punch Through.
- Shots receive a 25% bonus to physical damage types. This includes Heavy Attacks.
- Lowest base damage of all gunblades.
- Gunblade shots:
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 14.29% from 20m to 40m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed, for melee weapons only via Jet Stream).
- Has a very large spread.
The Sarpa's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
- Shots have innate punch through when firing through enemies and non-terrain objects, e.g. Grineer Blunts.
- Missed shots do not influence the accuracy rating in the mission progress table. Shots that hit, however, do.
- Firing the gun does not invalidate the "The Sword Alone" achievement.
- Charged shots do not pass through Frost's Snow Globe if players are standing outside the globe.
- Jumping cannot be done until the charge shot animation has ended.
- Charged shots are affected by the following:
- Some stance combos fire twice the number of bullets. High Noons combos work as follows:
- Vagabond Blitz – 3rd attack shoots 5 bullets
- Final Showdown – 3rd attack shoots 10 bullets
- Desperado Zeal – 4th attack shoots 10 bullets, 5th shoots 5
- This weapon has two different animations for charged attack:
- Charged animation using High Noon (this animation applies to charged attacks while using the melee weapon)
- Charged animation using Bullet Dance (this animation applies to charged attacks while using the melee weapon).
- Shattering Impact works extremely well with this weapon; Each bullet fired reduces the targets base armor by 6.
- Condition Overload with a status chance build is excellent on it.
- Each bullet counts as a separate hit on nullifier bubbles making it fairly good at destroying them.
- Sarpa (सर्प) is the Sanskrit term for snake or serpent.
- Ingame, the Heavy Attack damage displayed is 600, the actual value before the 25% physical damage bonus is 700 however, a 4x multiplier from the 175 Shot damage.
- Without a stance equipped, the Sarpa is capable of doing Heavy Attacks while moving. These Heavy Attacks only have a 3x multiplier.
Warframe SARPA Gunblade Setup Discussion
Warframe Sarpa, Better Bang than the Redeemer? thequickdraw
Redeemer VS Sarpa Side-By-Side Comparison
Warframe Leveling - Sarpa Episode 1
Update 27.3 (2020-03-24)
- Increased Status Chance for the Gunblade type weapons to match new Shotgun Status Chance values.
Update 27.2 (2020-03-05)
- Fixed ugly and busted blast FX for the Sarpa.
Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
Actual patch notes made a mistake on new range.
- Damage increased from 70 to 160.
- Range increased from 0.5 to 2.
- Status Chance increased from 10% to 28%.
- Critical Chance increased from 5% to 14%.
- Critical Damage increased from 1.5x to 2x.
- Slam Attack increased from 140 to 480.
- Slide Attack increased from 210 to 320.
- Parry Angle set to 45.
Update 25.7 (2019-08-29)
- Fixed incoming fire interrupting Gunblade charge attacks.
- Fixed a flickering issue with the Sarpa Day of the Dead Skin.
- Fixed Ash’s Rising Storm combo building much faster than intended due to an interaction with Relentless Combo and a Gunblade weapon.
Hotfix 25.2.1 (2019-06-20)
- Adjusted Gunblade holster position on Wisp for the Sarpa.
Hotfix 22.13.2 (2018-02-16)
- Updated and fixed some Sarpa firing sounds.
Update: The Silver Grove (2016-08-19)
Last updated: Update 26.0 (2019-10-31)
- Redeemer, the first gunblade weapon introduced.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|
|Auto|| Bubonico • Shedu|
|Active|| Simulor ( Synoid)|
|Auto|| Acceltra • Basmu • Baza ( Prime) • Boltor ( Prime, Telos) • Braton ( MK1, Prime, Vandal) • Buzlok • Dera ( Vandal) • Grakata ( Prisma) • Karak ( Kuva, Wraith) • Mutalist Quanta • Panthera ( Prime) • Quellor • Tetra|
|Auto-Spool|| Gorgon ( Prisma, Wraith) • Soma ( Prime) • Supra ( Vandal) • Tenora ( Prime)|
|Burst|| Burston ( Prime) • Harpak • Hema • Paracyst • Quartakk ( Kuva) • Sybaris ( Dex, Prime) • Tiberon|
|Charge|| Miter • Opticor ( Vandal)|
|Held|| Amprex • Flux Rifle • Glaxion ( Vandal) • Ignis ( Wraith) • Quanta ( Vandal) • Synapse|
|Hybrid|| Argonak • Fulmin • Hind • Stradavar ( Prime) • Tiberon Prime • Trumna • Zenith|
|Semi-Auto|| Grinlok ( Prisma) • Kuva Chakkhurr • Latron ( Prime, Wraith) • Stahlta • Veldt|
|Auto|| Attica • Zhuge ( Prime)|
|Charge|| Artemis Bow • Cernos ( Mutalist, Prime, Proboscis, Rakta) • Daikyu • Dread • Kuva Bramma • Lenz • Paris ( MK1, Prime)|
|Active|| Penta ( Carmine, Secura)|
|Semi-Auto|| Tonkor ( Kuva) • Torid • Zarr|
|Auto|| Astilla • Astilla Prime • Boar ( Prime) • Sobek|
|Auto-Spool|| Kohm ( Kuva)|
|Charge|| Drakgoon ( Kuva)|
|Duplex|| Tigris ( Prime, Sancti)|
|Held|| Convectrix • Phage • Phantasma|
|Semi-Auto|| Arca Plasmor • Corinth ( Prime) • Exergis • Hek ( Vaykor) • Strun ( MK1, Wraith)|
|Semi-Auto|| Komorex • Rubico ( Prime) • Snipetron ( Vandal) • Sporothrix • Vectis ( Prime) • Vulkar ( Wraith)|
|Charge|| Ferrox • Javlok|