Sapping Ospreys are Corpus Ospreys that deploy an orb which generates an AoE damage field. The orb releases pulses of damage over several seconds, then floats approximately 2 meters into the air for a final detonation.
Farming Locations[edit | edit source]
These are based on opinions and may not be 100% true. These should be viewed as advice for finding the enemies until better facts are proven.
|Lua||Apollo||Disruption||35 - 40||Orokin Moon|
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Sapping Ospreys have a tendency to attack directly, similar to the Mine Osprey, and launch energy orbs that form a blue, spherical field dealing average damage over time. Shield Osprey will support them until they are destroyed. The devices are launched at a fairly low trajectory, similar to an underhand throw.
- Given their size and blue coloration (see Trivia, below), Sapping Ospreys can easily be mistaken for Shield Ospreys at a glance, especially if Shield Ospreys are also around. An easy way to identify them is the fact that they will gain a blue shield outline when protected by a Shield Osprey.
- The orbs always drop onto the ground 3 seconds after its launch before deploying their pulsating waves, limiting the orbs' range towards flying targets.
- Above level 30, walking into the sapping bomb's aura is capable of dealing fatal damage to Sentinels and lighter Warframes.
- If these Ospreys are not dealt with quickly, they can easily clog an entire room with sapping bombs.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The orbs launched from the osprey lasts 7 seconds after their deployment, while each pulse from the orb is generated every second.
- The pulse waves generated by the energy orbs can pass through walls, making it increasingly difficult to stay in cover when pursuing other enemies.
- A Sapping Osprey's damage field generators can be shot and destroyed prior to detonation.
- Aside from Syndicate weapon explosions, the orbs are unaffected and cannot be destroyed by most any AoE.
- However, Ignis' flames can destroy the orbs and is generally very good way to remove large amounts of the orbs at once
- The orbs (and the damage they deal) can stack. Never attempt to revive fallen Tenno or Kubrow when they are in the orb's AoE area: doing so can easily end with not only one fallen squad member, but two or more.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Formerly known as Scorching Ospreys, renamed in Update 15.6.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The damage field generators launched by Sapping Ospreys seem prone to two issues, at the present time;
- They may not reliably damage client players.
- They may not cause any damage to players after the Osprey that launched the device has been destroyed.
Variants[edit | edit source]
|Vapos Sapping Osprey||General||Miscellaneous|
|Tileset||Corpus Gas City||Codex Scans||5|
|Weapon||Energy orb||Other Drops||None|
|Statistics||Mod Drops||Crowd Dispersion 0.7587%|
Magazine Warp 0.7587%
15 Endo 0.7587%
Diamond Skin 0.3318%
Gleaming Talon 0.0201%
Split Chamber 0.0201%
80 Endo 0.0201%
|+ ++ + - -|
|++ ++ +++ - -|