Sanctuary Onslaught is an endless game mode introduced in Update 22.18 (2018-04-20). The objective is similar to Survival missions, where players must last as long as possible by continuously killing hordes of increasingly difficult enemies, as quickly as possible.
Players are limited to one large room from a random tileset in every zone. In order to advance through the zones, players must maintain efficiency by constantly killing enemies, then entering a conduit at the end of the zone's time limit in order to progress to the next. The opposing faction of enemies encountered in each zone is also randomized on a per-zone basis.
Players must complete The New Strange to access this game mode. To begin, players must talk to Cephalon Simaris at his Sanctuary in any Relay or select "Sanctuary Onslaught" in the Syndicate World State Window tab.
Upon starting the mission, players will have to enter a conduit and maintain efficiency meter against increasingly difficult enemies. Each enemy killed in the process will contribute to the overall efficiency, with Eximus enemies contributing more.
Every zone lasts for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. When a zone is complete, Simaris will open a Data-Conduit to a new and harder zone within his Sanctuary. The conduit closes after 30 seconds. Players who have not entered the conduit before then will be extracted with their rewards.
- Zones: Equivalent to a 'Wave', 'Round', etc.
- Every two that are completed will provide a reward.
- Conduits: Portals connecting one Zone to the next.
- Efficiency: The means to maintain a Conduit. Once efficiency reaches zero, the run will be over. The deeper the player progresses into the Sanctuary the faster their efficiency drops and less efficiency is gained from enemy kills, capping at Zone 16.
- Efficiency Stimulus: Pick-ups which increase the player's efficiency by 10%. The number of Efficiency Stimuli that appears starts at 4, which gradually decreases the deeper the player progresses into the Sanctuary, up until after Zone 15 after which they will stop appearing.
Simaris has his own rules within his sanctuary, as he seeks to produce an accurate experiment. These are the following rules:
- The Gear wheel and Specters are disabled. Emotes can still be used.
- Specimens do not drop Mods or Resources in the Sanctuary but will still drop Health and Energy Orbs and ammo pickups.
- Storage Containers do not appear in the Sanctuary.
- However, locked lockers may appear depending on the tileset, and can be opened using or to acquire orbs and ammo pickups. Lockers do not drop resources or mods, but, unlike specimens, they may yield Affinity Orbs and sometimes an invisible Ayatan Star.
- MOA Cabinet Spawners can appear in their appropriate tilesets, producing fragile allied Shockwave MOAs if hacked.
- Despite gear restriction, Ciphers are still available if equipped before starting, visible only while hacking a cabinet.
- Each conduit entered/zone advanced removes current buffs, active Warframe abilities, combo multipliers, and resets Energy to the respective initial level, as well as restoring ammunition back to 100%.
- Additional base energy contributed by a Warframe's spare mod capacity or from will not be accounted for.
- will lose 4 Mutation Stacks upon entering the Data-Conduit.
- will lose approximately 300 Rubble upon entering the Data-Conduit.
- 's damage growth decreases by 30% upon entering the Data-Conduit.
- However, ' battery will not drain upon entering the Data-Conduit.
- Instead of dropping normally, Convergence Orbs are granted automatically at the beginning of each zone after the first. The Convergence Orb Boost scales in multiplier up to 16x.
- There is a 20% chance for a random environmental hazard to appear in a zone.
- Enemy level starts at 20-30 and gradually increases to 80-100 beyond Zone 15, 110-130 beyond Zone 20, and 130-150 beyond Zone 25.
- Weekly leaderboards are available based on overall score for both Sanctuary Onslaught and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught.
Elite Sanctuary Onslaught
Each week Simaris simulates a predetermined sequence of tilesets and Elite Specimens. This Onslaught is not for the leisurely and requires a Rank 30 Warframe to enter, as Specimens are much stronger. In addition, usage of Warframe abilities must be staggered or they will become temporarily disabled.
- Enemy level starts at 60-70 and gradually increases to 150-180 beyond Zone 15, 200-220 beyond Zone 20, and 250-280 beyond Zone 25. Increased efficiency drain caps at Zone 15.
- Abilities become disabled if used in quick succession:
- Second abilities are disabled for 8 seconds if used four times within 10 seconds.
- Third abilities are disabled for 10 seconds if used four times within 10 seconds.
- Fourth abilities are disabled for 15 seconds if used twice within 10 seconds.
- Channeled abilities only count when turned on; however the cooldown timer only begins once the ability is turned off again.
- Injected abilities are disabled using the conditions applicable to the new slot they occupy.
- Zones 1-5 only spawn 2 Efficiency Stimuli. (Stimulus spawns in Zone 6 and beyond remain unchanged.)
Rewards are given per two successful zones in an AABC rotation in both Sanctuary Onslaught and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught to players before they jump into the Data-Conduit.
- 2 Zones = Rotation A
- 4 Zones = Rotation A
- 6 Zones = Rotation B
- 8 Zones = Rotation C
|Rotation A||Rotation B||Rotation C|
|300 Endo||9.17%||Khora Neuroptics Blueprint||9.09%||Khora Blueprint||11.28%|
|Lith A4 Relic||9.17%||300 Endo||9.09%||Khora Systems Blueprint||11.28%|
|Lith G4 Relic||9.17%||Meso B5 Relic||9.09%||600 Endo||9.68%|
|Lith I1 Relic||9.17%||Meso B6 Relic||9.09%||Neo N16 Relic||9.68%|
|Lith K7 Relic||9.17%||Meso C6 Relic||9.09%||Neo N17 Relic||9.68%|
|Lith N7 Relic||9.17%||Meso P4 Relic||9.09%||Neo P2 Relic||9.68%|
|Lith N8 Relic||9.17%||Meso P5 Relic||9.09%||Neo P3 Relic||9.68%|
|Lith T7 Relic||9.17%||Meso S10 Relic||9.09%||Neo T4 Relic||9.68%|
|Corpus Depository Scene||9.17%||Meso Z4 Relic||9.09%||Neo T5 Relic||9.68%|
|Grineer Sealab Centrifuge Scene||9.17%||Synthetic Eidolon Shard||9.09%||Neo V10 Relic||9.68%|
|Khora Chassis Blueprint||8.33%||Grineer Settlement Artillery Scene||9.09%|
- One particularly good use for the Sanctuary Onslaught is as a weapons test. Seeing how far you can go in the SO using just one weapon and no Warframe abilities is a good way of evaluating the overall strength and effectiveness of that weapon and its Mod configuration.
|PvE||Standard||Assassination • Capture • Exterminate • Hijack • Mobile Defense • |
Rescue • Sabotage (Assault, Deception, Hive,
Orokin, Reactor, Sealab) • Spy
|Endless||Defection • Disruption • Defense • Excavation • |
Infested Salvage • Interception • Survival
|Free Roam||Bounty (Isolation Vault • Heist)|
|Arena||The Index • Rathuum|
|Special||Granum Void • Junction • Recovery • Sanctuary Onslaught|
|Archwing||Exterminate • Interception • Mobile Defense • Pursuit • Rush • Sabotage|
|Empyrean||Skirmish • Defense • Exterminate • Orphix • Volatile|
|PvP||Conclave||Cephalon Capture • Annihilation • Team Annihilation • Lunaro|
|Other||Frame Fighter • Duel|
|Arbitrations • Crossfire • Dark Sectors • Environmental Hazards • Invasions • Kuva Siphon • |
Kuva Lich • Nightmare Mode • Nightwave • Sorties • The Steel Path • Void Fissures