- This weapon deals damage.
- Guaranteed proc.
- Mines can stick to surfaces, including enemies and allies.
- User can detonate charges on command via Alternate Fire, giving the player precise timing in detonation.
- Detonation has an explosion radius of 3.6 meters.
- Up to six deployed mines can be ready for simultaneous detonation.
- Explosion does not need direct line of sight to deal damage and will penetrate walls.
- Explosions inflict self-stagger.
- Explosion has linear damage falloff from 100% to 60% from central impact.
- Can benefit from ( ).
- Innate Purity effect.
- Two innate and one polarities.
- Highest base damage of all throwing-type secondaries.
- Pinpoint accuracy.
- Silent, even if the projectile hits the enemy.
- Normal Attack
- High crit chance
- Very high damage
- High reload speed
- High status chance
- Above average disposition
- Projectiles have very slow travel time with arcing.
- Semi-automatic fire, unlike other throwing weapons.
- Extremely low magazine size of just 2 rounds; requires frequent reloading.
- Low ammo capacity size of 18.
- Normal Attack
- Very low magazine
- Low effective fire rate
- Very low max ammo
- Sancti Castanas (Normal Attack), compared to Castanas (Normal Attack):
- Higher base damage per projectile (300 vs. 160)
- Higher total damage (300 vs. 160)
- Higher base critical chance (24.00% vs. 8.00%)
- Higher base critical multiplier (2.0x vs. 1.5x)
- Higher base status chance (34.00% vs. 22.00%)
- Higher average damage per tap (372 vs. 166.4)
- Higher burst DPS (1238.76 vs. 554.11)
- Higher sustained DPS (464.82 vs. 207.92)
- More polarities ( vs. )
- Higher Mastery Rank required (10 vs. 3)
- Lower disposition (●●●●● (1.35x) vs. ●●●●● (1.40x))
- Innate Purity effect
- The Sancti Castanas can be acquired by reaching the Rank of Flawless with New Loka, and spending 100,000 to purchase. As with all Syndicate Weapons, the Sancti Castanas cannot be chosen as the free offering upon ranking up to Flawless rank.
- Syndicate weapons can be also be acquired via Trading, but only for unranked copies without Forma and Orokin Catalyst installed.
- Players must have a Mastery Rank of at least 10 to acquire the Sancti Castanas, either through trading or through the Syndicates themselves.
- Guaranteed proc scales with mods regardless if they combine with other elements as , , or .
- New Loka Operatives found within Syndicate Missions use this weapon, however due to the Castanas' heavy arcing, their shots will often land on the floor far from their target at range or become stuck upon a cover or wall.
- Up to 6 charges can be active at one time. Using alternate fire will detonate all active charges in rapid succession.
- Enemies will be alerted by thrown Castanas.
- The first part of its name, Sancti, is likely derived from the Latin word "sanctus", meaning holy. The Sanctus is also the name of a hymn in Catholic liturgy, or 'Hymn of Victory' in the Greek rendition.
- Like the , the Sancti Castanas, when equipped with Multishot, will spread out heavily when multishot is activated, making accuracy drop drastically.
- Weapon stats might not fully show all of the stats including Status Chance, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Total Damage, Reload From Empty Stats, Etc.
Sancti Castanas Skins
Last updated: Update 24.8 (2019-04-24)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|