Zuud GS-44, better known as Rude Zuud, is a Solaris who sells and makes Kitguns. Her mechanical rig contains some kind of secondary personality referred to as Chatter. She also sells Pax Arcanes for use with Kitguns.
In a heist to destroy the Exploiter Orb, Rude Zuud and her sisters were in charge of creating condensed thermia. However, the plan failed when Exploiter Orb eradicated Deck 12, and all of her six sisters perished. Rude Zuud was one of the few survivors of Deck 12, and the trauma left her increasingly unstable.
The Tenno find data-hashes scattered across the Orb Vallis and has Rude Zuud decode them. She reluctantly accepts the task and explains they reveal a passphrase, but refuses to explain in detail, while Chatter abruptly stops speaking. Eudico realizes the passphrase leads to the ruins of Deck 12, the source of Zuud's trauma.
While collecting data-hashes and Diluted Thermia, the Tenno find Zuud's Thermia condenser. Its activation prompts the Exploiter Orb to attack. After the Tenno defeat the Orb, Zuud and Chatter come to terms with herself, realizing she shared a neural link with her sisters and every thought, idea, and emotion they had, forming a hivemind called The Zuud.
- The Business explains that Zuud and her sisters were originally "created as one" and somehow shared their full sensorium with one another their entire lives. Losing them reduced Zuud's life to "a single set of eyes and a single pair of hands", and that this isolation ruined and eventually remade her.
- Chatter is probably a remnant of her connection to all of her sisters.
- It is mentioned that Chatter always falls silent for reasons yet to be discerned when she converses with Smokefinger. Smokefinger himself claims to have known the original Zuud quite closely.
- Roky mentions that sometimes Rude Zuud speaks with a different tone of voice and speech pattern, to the point she sounds like a completely different person. Like with Smokefinger, this is implied to be linked with Chatter somehow but the details are unclear.
- Rude Zuud has a monologue line saying "Guns, guns, guns!!" similar to how Ordis would occasionally say "Gun, gun, gun!" when the Foundry finishes building an item.
- Rude Zuud also shows instability similar to Ordis, along with similar trauma and memory problems, although Zuud more typically talks to a supposed second personality while Ordis simply slips into a different personality.
- At Tennocon 2018, Rude Zuud was shown wearing a blue coat instead of a tan coat on release.
- Kitgun, the modular weapons created by Rude Zuud.
|Characters||Boon • Cutter • Eudico (Vox) • Solaris United Agent|
|Vendors||Legs • Rude Zuud • Smokefinger • The Business • Ticker|
|Allied Vendors||Little Duck • Roky|
|Fortuna • Deck 12 • Orb Vallis • Solari Language • Ventkids • Vox Solaris|