Characteristics[edit | edit source]
This weapon deals primarily Impact damage.
- High Impact damage – effective against shields.
- Tied with the Snipetron and Vectis Prime for the second highest critical chance of all sniper rifles, behind Rubico Prime.
- Tied with Rubico Prime and Sporothrix for the highest base critical multiplier of all sniper rifles.
- Tied with Vectis Prime for the third fastest fire rate of all sniper rifles, behind Rubico Prime and Komorex.
- Good ammo economy.
- Pinpoint accuracy while zoomed in; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, perfect for headshots.
- Innate 1 meter punch through.
- Two zoom modes:
- First zoom has 3.5x zoom distance and +35% critical multiplier.
- Second zoom has 6.0x zoom distance and +50% critical multiplier.
- Has the smallest shot combo requirement of all sniper rifles.
- Can use the Rubico-exclusive Ambush Optics mod.
- Low Puncture and Slash damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Tied with Snipetron for the lowest status chance of all sniper rifles.
- Relatively small magazine size.
- Fairly low reload speed.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Inaccurate beyond short range when fired from the hip.
- Very short shot combo decay timer.
- Rubico, compared to Rubico Prime:
- Lower base damage (180.0 vs. 187.0)
- Lower critical chance (30% vs. 38%)
- Lower status chance (12% vs. 16%)
- Lower fire rate (2.67 rounds/sec vs. 3.67 rounds/sec)
- Slower reload speed (2.4 s vs. 2 s)
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (6 vs. 12)
- Higher disposition (0.8 vs. 0.6)
- Higher zoom distance (3.5x/6x vs. 2.5x/5x)
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The Rubico's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:20,000|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Rubico has the highest critical multiplier of any sniper rifle, with a base multiplier of 3x.
- On the other hand, it has a dismal status chance of 12%, being the lowest for all the sniper rifles. This is compared to the 20-30% of the other sniper rifles, a considerable difference.
- The crit damage bonus from zooming is treated in the damage calculation like a respective mod. Therefore, it is additive with mods like Vital Sense, Hammer Shot, and Bladed Rounds.
- It closely resembles the Grineer Vulkar in terms of damage type distribution and other stats; the main difference being the Rubico has higher critical stats, while having lower status, base damage, and magazine.
- The Rubico requires only a single shot to activate its Shot Combo Counter, giving it an immediate 1.5x total damage multiplier on the first shot, and a 2.0x total damage multiplier after its third shot, giving it the ability to quickly ramp up its damage with a single magazine. On the other hand, it has a short combo decay counter that lasts only 2 seconds, thus reloading at 2.4 seconds will always lower its shot combo counter if there are no reload mods present
- The combo multiplier starts at 1.5x on the first shot and requires triple the amount of shots to reach each consecutive tier.
|Combo Counter Bonus Tier||Total Base Damage Multiplier||Minimum Consecutive|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to its high critical chance and damage multiplier, modding for critical is very effective. Adding Point Strike and Vital Sense increases the critical chance to 75% and the multiplier to 6.6x. Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds and Hammer Shot can increase it even further. Scoping in also boosts its critical damage by up to +50% at maximum zoom level.
- It is not suggested to use the Charged Chamber/ Primed Chamber mod on the Rubico due to its long reload times.
- If the zoom HUD can make aiming difficult, turn off "Use Sniper Scopes" in Interface Options if it hinders you from aiming properly.
Weapon Loadouts[edit source]
- See Category:Rubico Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Rubico Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Rubico is a clay made from crushed basalt that is used to build tennis courts, with its green color being similar to the default color of this weapon.
- The Rubico appears to share an aesthetic with the Talons thrown bombs and Lacera bladed whip, both of which are also included in the Huntress Bundle.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- It seems as though there is a chance for a bullet to not hit its mark, even when scoped in.
Media[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
Last updated: Hotfix 184.108.40.206
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.