- High damage – effective against shields.
- Tied with the and for the second highest critical chance of all sniper rifles, behind .
- Tied with and for the highest base critical multiplier of all sniper rifles.
- Tied with for the third fastest fire rate of all sniper rifles, behind and .
- Good ammo economy.
- Pinpoint accuracy while zoomed in; shots will hit exactly on the reticle dot, making it ideal for headshots.
- Innate 1 meter punch through.
- Two zoom modes:
- First zoom has 3.5x zoom distance and +35% critical multiplier.
- Second zoom has 6.0x zoom distance and +50% critical multiplier.
- Has the smallest shot combo requirement of all sniper rifles.
- Can use the Rubico-exclusive mod.
- Low and damage – less effective against armor and health.
- Has linear damage falloff from 100% to 50% from 400m to 600m target distance (distances are affected by Projectile Speed).
- Tied with for the lowest status chance of all sniper rifles.
- Relatively small magazine size.
- Fairly low reload speed.
- Draws from the rare sniper ammo pool.
- Inaccurate beyond short range when fired from the hip.
- Very short shot combo decay timer.
- Rubico (attack: Normal), compared to Rubico Prime (attack: Normal):
- Lower base damage (180 vs. 187)
- Lower total damage (180 vs. 187)
- Lower base critical chance (30% vs. 38%)
- Lower base status chance (12% vs. 16%)
- Lower average damage per shot (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (288 vs. 329.12)
- Lower burst DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (768.96 vs. 1,207.87)
- Lower sustained DPS (max Progenitor bonus if applicable) (337.03 vs. 489.41)
- Greater max damage reduction at ending falloff distance (99% vs. 50%)
- Lower fire rate (2.67 round(s)/sec vs. 3.67 round(s)/sec)
- Slower reload time (2.4 s vs. 2 s)
- Different polarities (None vs. )
- Lower Mastery Rank required (6 vs. 12)
- Higher disposition (0.9 vs. 0.6)
- Higher zoom distance (3.5x/6x vs. 2.5x/5x)
The Rubico's blueprint can be purchased from the Market.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: 225||Blueprints Price:20,000|
- The Rubico has the highest critical multiplier of any sniper rifle, with a base multiplier of 3x.
- On the other hand, it has a dismal status chance of 12%, being the lowest for all the sniper rifles. This is compared to the 20-30% of the other sniper rifles, a considerable difference.
- The crit damage bonus from zooming is treated in the damage calculation like a respective mod. Therefore, it is additive with mods like , , and .
- It closely resembles the Grineer in terms of damage type distribution and other stats; the main difference being the Rubico has higher critical stats, while having lower status, base damage, and magazine.
- The Rubico requires only a single shot to activate its Shot Combo Counter, giving it an immediate 1.5x total damage multiplier on the first shot, and a 2.0x total damage multiplier after its third shot, giving it the ability to quickly ramp up its damage with a single magazine. On the other hand, it has a short combo decay counter that lasts only 2 seconds, thus reloading at 2.4 seconds will always lower its shot combo counter if there are no reload mods present
- The combo multiplier starts at 1.5x on the first shot and requires triple the amount of shots to reach each consecutive tier.
|Combo Counter Bonus Tier||Total Base Damage Multiplier||Minimum Consecutive|
- Due to its high critical chance and damage multiplier, modding for critical chance and damage is very effective. Adding and increases the critical chance to 75% and the multiplier to 6.6x. , and can increase it even further. Scoping in also boosts its critical damage by up to +50% at maximum zoom level.
- It is not suggested to use the / mod on the Rubico due to its long reload times.
- If the zoom HUD can make aiming difficult, turn off "Use Sniper Scopes" in Interface Options if it hinders you from aiming properly.
- Rubico is a clay made from crushed basalt that is used to build tennis courts, with its green color being similar to the default color of this weapon.
- The Rubico appears to share an aesthetic with the thrown bombs and bladed whip, both of which are also included in the Huntress Bundle.
- It seems as though there is a chance for a bullet to not hit its mark, even when scoped in.
Last updated: Hotfix 22.214.171.124 (2018-09-12)
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|