“You're not supposed to be in here! You're going to ruin the surprise!”The following section contains spoilers. Please complete Chimera Prologue before proceeding.
The Ropalolyst is a gigantic bird-like Sentient boss capable of flight. It can be found in the Remastered Corpus Gas City on its own Assassination node on Jupiter, requiring players to have completed Chimera Prologue to battle it. It was dispatched by the Sentients to ensure Alad V does not double-cross their "partnership", much to his displeasure.
Lore[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Despite Digital Extremes' statement that the Sentient is a Flying Eidolon, no in-game material refers to it as such, leaving its classification unknown.
Although perhaps not the same Ropalolyst, a spectral silhouette of the same Sentient breed can be seen briefly emerging from Gara Toht Lake in the Plains of Eidolon. Nakak explains that a Warframe served as a Warden to keep the sealed Eidolon at bay, until one day he foolishly tried to make contact with the Sentient. Realizing the Sentient was using him as a means to free itself, the Warden cast himself into the lake. The time spent as an "anchor" to the Sentient would infuse the Warden with its eldritch energies, transforming him into the Revenant.
Whether this is the same or different Ropalolyst with the one found on Jupiter remains unknown.
The Jovian Concord[edit | edit source]
After the Sentients tricked Alad V into forming an unwitting partnership, the Ropalolyst was stationed on his Gas City in Jupiter, threatening to destroy his city if he does not comply to create Amalgams for the Sentients.
During the battle with the Ropalolyst, Natah calls it her "other flesh" and tells the Tenno that its sacrifice will make way for the Amalgams to live. Meanwhile, Alad V actively encourages and even expresses gratitude to the Tenno as they fight.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Outside of its assassination node, the Ropalolyst can occasionally be seen outdoors, causing destruction to the city and leaving debris in its wake before flying off. The Ropalolyst cannot be attacked during this state.
During the assassination mission, the Ropalolyst is capable of flight. When grounded, it can walk on its blade-like "wings". It uses a variety of energy-based projectiles, and can even grab the Tenno with its claws.
- Lasers: While hovering, the Ropalolyst may fire thin lasers from both of its claws after a short delay, dealing massive Tau damage, enough to kill the player in most cases.
- Nullifying Scream: When a mobility-type Ability such as the Operator's Void Dash or Nezha's Blazing Chakram is used, the Ropalolyst screams, releasing a pulse that temporarily disables Transference, nullifies all Warframe abilities (except for deployed abilities such as Nova's Worm Hole) and temporarily prevents ability use for ~3 seconds.
- Electric Stream: Upon attempting to climb any of the ziplines leading to the capacitor towers, the Ropalolyst will teleport to the tower and occasionally create a ladder-like Spark Gap between two ziplines that will travel towards the player. If the Tenno make contact with the electric stream, they will be staggered and will be knocked off the zipline.
- Giant Laser: When a Tenno is on the platform next to the capacitor towers, the Ropalolyst will bring the tip of its wings together and fires a massive, continuous laser that deals heavy continuous Tau damage.
- Seeking Missiles: After being grounded for the first time, the Ropalolyst fires a series of projectile missiles with a slight homing ability.
- Grab: While grounded, the Ropalolyst grabs the Tenno with its claws, disabling all their movement and abilities while they are held. The Tenno will gradually lose health while in the Ropalolyst's grip until they are released. They can escape the grab temporarily by entering Operator mode. The Ropalolyst can also grab Titania in Razorwing mode.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
The Ropalolyst engages the Tenno while hovering in the air. There are three capacitor towers surrounding the main platform. Approach one of the towers, taking care to avoid the Electric Stream, and wait until the Ropalolyst fires its Giant Laser, luring it to hit the tower and supercharging it.
The Tenno must also deplete the Ropalolyst's shields using Void damage via Operator's Void Beam. Once its shields are depleted, the Tenno can approach the Ropalolyst using their Warframe, giving the option to board it. While boarded, the Tenno can steer the Ropalolyst and ram it into the supercharged tower, knocking it back onto the main platform and grounding it. If the Tenno takes too long to steer it, they will automatically be knocked off and the Ropalolyst will regenerate its shields.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
Grounded, the Ropalolyst will stomp around using its blade-like wings and use its Seeking Missiles and Grab and is reinforced by a small group of Amalgams. The two Ropalolyst Synovia on its hind legs become vulnerable, destroying one of them will temporarily stun it, allowing it to be vulnerable to the Terren Charger, a massive laser that is activated by a terminal on the main platform. If the Tenno take too long to activate the laser, any destroyed Synovia will fully regenerate.
Phase 3[edit | edit source]
Once injured by the Terren Charger, the Ropalolyst will resume flight. Simply repeat the above steps two more times until it dies. On the third grounding, Battalysts and Conculysts will appear instead of Amalgams, and the Ropalolyst's entire body becomes vulnerable to damage.
Once its health hits zero for the third and final time, activating the Terren Charger will obliterate the Ropalolyst, causing the main platform to collapse. The Tenno land on part of the destroyed wreckage ready for extraction, as the Ropalolyst's corpse remains on the main platform while engulfed in flames.
Summary[edit | edit source]
- Phase 1: Maneuver toward one of the capacitor towers, lure Giant Laser onto the tower, deplete Ropalolyst's shields with Operator Void Beam, mount Ropalolyst using Warframe, and steer Ropalolyst onto the supercharged tower.
- Phase 2: Destroy Synovia with gunfire, activate Terren Charger terminal.
- Phase 3: Repeat above two more times until it is defeated. On the final grounding, its entire body is vulnerable.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ropalolyst is pronounced Rope-a-lol-ist.
- The Ropalolyst is sometimes referred to by the community and the developers as "Flydolon" or "Rolypoly".
- It was first introduced in Devstream 100, under the name Fly-dolon, and was supposed to be encountered on Plains of Eidolon. For this reason, many people believe that the Ropalolyst should be considered an Eidolon, i.e. a semi-intelligent "undead" fragment of a destroyed Sentient.
- It is first seen as a ghostly apparition during the Mask of the Revenant quest, emerging from the Gara Toht Lake much like other Eidolons.
- A destroyed, dormant or otherwise inactive Sentient, which Alad V refers to as their spacecraft, is visible in the distance outside the Jupiter Gas City. It is possible that this is the progenitor or original source of the Ropalolyst.
- The battle against the Ropalolyst is somewhat similar to that against an Eidolon, as players have to use their Operator's Void Beam to deplete its shield first, before they can harm its two Synovia weak points with conventional weapons.
- However, it is never referred to as an Eidolon in-game, and multiple Ropalolysts appear in the in The New War trailer, indicating that it might simply be a common Sentient unit.
- Despite Nakak claiming Revenant's power would be needed to combat the spectral Ropalolyst that appears during the Mask of the Revenant, the Warframe has no bearing on the actual Ropalolyst fight.
- Ropalo is Ancient Greek for "bludgeon". This may refer to the Ropalolyst's blunt limbs.
- Along with Mutalist Alad V and Jordas Golem on Eris, the Ropalolyst is among the only four bosses to share a planet, while not containing a shared node (in the case of Captain Vor and Lieutenant Lech Kril). The Ropalolyst shares Jupiter with Alad V, accessible to any player who has reached his node and completed the Chimera Prologue quest.
- The Ropalolyst is the first Sentient boss occupying its own node.
- The head of the Ropalolyst bears a striking resemblance to Harrow's helmet.
- Ropalolyst's size in-game appears to be actually quite smaller compare to its image in Devstream 100.
- The upper body of a Ropalolyst can be seen tethered to the ceiling in a Corpus Ship Spy vault.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch History[edit | edit source]
|Drone||Aerolyst • Anu Mantalyst • Anu Pyrolyst • Battalyst • Brachiolyst • Conculyst • Eradicyst • Mimic • Oculyst • Ortholyst • Summulyst • Symbilyst|
|Spectral||Anu Interference Drone • Choralyst • Spectralyst • Vomvalyst|
|Amalgam||Amalgam Arca Heqet • Amalgam Arca Kucumatz • Amalgam Cinder Machinist • Amalgam Phase MOA • Amalgam Swarm Satyr|
|Ships||Condrix • Gyrix • Ionyx • Murex • Orphix • Splintrix|
|Teralyst • Gantulyst • Hydrolyst • Ropalolyst • Condrix • Suda-Hunhow • Wolf of Saturn Six|